Pebble's Daily Quote

DeletedUser8396

Don't mock those who seem to be unpleasable. Often they are the individuals displeased with anything less than perfection, and therefore will be the driving force to achieving it, even if at their own dismay. ~Pebble

DeletedUser31385

Don't mock those who seem to be unpleasable. Often they are the individuals displeased with anything less than perfection, and therefore will be the driving force to achieving it, even if at their own dismay. ~Pebble

Perfection is impossible as there is always some flaw. Nobody/nothing is perfect.

DeletedUser8396

Perfection is impossible as there is always some flaw. Nobody/nothing is perfect.

Agree to disagree. I see all things tend toward perfection (no matter how slowly). And you can't prove that we won't achieve it :p

DeletedUser31385

Agree to disagree. I see all things tend toward perfection (no matter how slowly). And you can't prove that we won't achieve it :p

I can prove this wrong. People's bodies deteriorate and become less perfect every day. This leans against perfection as bodies are never perfect.

DeletedUser8396

I can prove this wrong. People's bodies deteriorate and become less perfect every day. This leans against perfection as bodies are never perfect.

Medicine evolves everyday. It is not unreasonable to assume that we could, eventually, nullify this aspect. You can't prove anything on your argument, as I have infinite probability on my side.

DeletedUser31385

Medicine evolves everyday. It is not unreasonable to assume that we could, eventually, nullify this aspect. You can't prove anything on your argument, as I have infinite probability on my side.

People can still kill people and commit crimes. This aspect will never be nullified. Crimes have happened forever and more now.

DeletedUser8396

People can still kill people and commit crimes. This aspect will never be nullified. Crimes have happened forever and more now.

Not according to John Stuart Mill, who theorizes we will eventually reach a Utilitarian society with bound worldviews. This is also evidenced in our social progress, such as the doing away with slavery and the lessening of racism/sexism.

DeletedUser31385

Not according to John Stuart Mill, who theorizes we will eventually reach a Utilitarian society with bound worldviews. This is also evidenced in our social progress, such as the doing away with slavery and the lessening of racism/sexism.

People in the southern US are still racist. Paula Deen got fired for it.

DeletedUser8396

People in the southern US are still racist. Paula Deen got fired for it.

You....you predicate your arguments on...Paula Deen?

Nevertheless, I'm not talking about current states of affairs, but how they are trending.

DeletedUser31385

You....you predicate your arguments on...Paula Deen?

Nevertheless, I'm not talking about current states of affairs, but how they are trending.

I have heard southern folks call people a word starting with N all the time. Also, companies pay women less still. That is sexist.

DeletedUser8396

I have heard southern folks call people a word starting with N all the time. Also, companies pay women less still. That is sexist.

Again, you are looking at specific moments, I'm looking at trends (which my original argument was). And if you want to say that we're just as bad, if not worse off as prior times, get ready to be slammed with facts.

DeletedUser31385

Again, you are looking at specific moments, I'm looking at trends (which my original argument was). And if you want to say that we're just as bad, if not worse off as prior times, get ready to be slammed with facts.

Its improving because the racist people are dying and younger people are more race tolerant. However, it will never be perfect as someone will always be against another. Specific moments always matter. It matters what is happening right now! The trend could be it is improving slowly, but does 20 years down the road matter? No, it is always about right now, a specific moment.

DeletedUser8396

Its improving because the racist people are dying and younger people are more race tolerant. However, it will never be perfect as someone will always be against another. Specific moments always matter. It matters what is happening right now! The trend could be it is improving slowly, but does 20 years down the road matter? No, it is always about right now, a specific moment.

So, what you are saying is that as time goes on, those with less perfect views die out and are replaced with more perfect ones. That's exactly what I've been saying. You just assume that trend, which has been going on since the dawn of civilization, will end. And yes, 20 years down the road matters, as I'm talking about an eventual state.......

DeletedUser31385

So, what you are saying is that as time goes on, those with less perfect views die out and are replaced with more perfect ones. That's exactly what I've been saying. You just assume that trend, which has been going on since the dawn of civilization, will end. And yes, 20 years down the road matters, as I'm talking about an eventual state.......

I do believe the trend will end and World War III will happen. If it is not that, it will be some war that ends this trend.

DeletedUser8396

I do believe the trend will end and World War III will happen. If it is not that, it will be some war that ends this trend.

Yeah...so an extinction level event will end the trend which would inevitably lead to a perfect society. I suppose that could end the perfect society (or, rather, create one lol)...

DeletedUser31385

Yeah...so an extinction level event will end the trend which would inevitably lead to a perfect society. I suppose that could end the perfect society (or, rather, create one lol)...

An extinction event can't make a perfect society because there is no society to be perfect.

DeletedUser

I know. I keep giving you a hard time because I am upset at someone for soiling my carpet.

And now for the next round of the pebble/figgy War of the Quotes
It doesn't get any better than this :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Yo figgy you're cynical man. :p
The media has gotten you in its grip with all your WWIII and 'omg so much violence' talk, it's all overly sensational and fear-mongering, perhaps propaganda to keep the people from dealing with the real issues.
022944b552.jpg

Tinfoil hat aside, this actually is the best time to be alive! All over the world poverty and violence rates are decreasing, diseases are cured and society is becoming more progressive and tolerant. Don't worry, be happy.

Last edited by a moderator: