Dignity

• Thread starter *** physopathic ***
  • Start date

DeletedUser23413

You guys seem to have auto hate mode on every time.

When we heard Erik have "some real life issue" we stopped messing up his plan to hand over his WW city. Mungus and THe Servant know it and can confirm.
Here is what I sent Erik back then:
99w4DIf.png

Condolence? We don't even know what trouble Erik had. Should you send condolence to someone when you only know "some thing" happened to them?

As for Erik, I still voted him in one of my top 5 the good one for his contribution to the Merge coalition. Only people with "hate mind" think we insulted him. You guys never get over of the pain from your broken plan with The Merge. Grow up!

DeletedUser24285

We all have RL issues - it happens and it is reasonably predictable that it will happen at some time.

But a leader has to make provision for this possibility - to develop the command chain beneath him/her so that it is resilient. I do this in RL (I have a chain of command beneath me) and I do it as a leader in Grepolis. I know I could fall under a bus, and if that happens Coyb takes over and If he falls under another boss we have Zeta, Ghost and Kitix - all who can step into the breach (apologies to unnamed others who can also do this). That sort of planning unites Leadership with Dignity and is what we all should be about.

DeletedUser

Generally Erik is not a bad guy, but he has some personality issue, he desperately needs admiration and recognition. From 450 LS nuke (bireme bomber or how he named it?) and 10000 harpies to all those ridiculous stories about himself in grepo, like how he bought 140 olympics CP in a dead world.

But I tell you what happened.

Erik's style of playing Sinope was time and energy consuming, you could stay updated just thanks to Erik's MM. Time went by, and this madness cherished by many CS and then Merge players went too far. Alliance wasn't built for players, it was designed for Eric to achieve the absolute greatness, as supreme leader and WW landlord.

At the certain point it became clear that Erik is a good motivator, but "specific" leader. If you run a company, own a business in RL, you know that you can't be a manager, accountant, production worker, courier and porter in one face. If you want to run a big succesfull company you need to delegate rights and responsibilities. Moreover as CEO you should see and know all your staff, their strengths and weaknesses, so you're able to make the right choice. You can't simply hire 1000 random people and expect them to be a team.

While Erik was trying hard to be everywhere and live under the beam of the spotlight, focused on cherishing himself, enemies developed enough hatred and motivation to pull together and fight back. When Merge failed to build 7 WW, it became harder to fulfill his promises. So here (right on time!) came summer vacation with family, so all players were like: "oh yeah, it's just a game, and RL is more important (you know, blah-blah), let's wait for Erik to come back and lead us to promised 7 WW."

But in fact when you go to long-term vacation and take time from grepo, after 2-3 weeks you don't really want to get back to daily grepo routine and if your RL is not bad, you become lazy to play grepo again.

Erik did realized, he was losing his "majesty", as enemies took an initiative, The Merge didn't work, as it wasn't a team, but randomly gathered players. So he didn't want to come back. He postponed his comeback several times with new RL smth, as he knew once he's back, he would be under pressure and most likely he would lose WW city. Meanwhile players' dissatisfaction with Erik's RL smth was spreading.

But luckily for him, here came Praehelios' city loss. So Prae became the black sheep for chaotic herd, despite it was confirmed by few players, that Prae did asked to take his WW cities, as he hadn't time to play Sinope. It was understandable as he was busy in RL and preferred to play Abdera. I don't want to defend Prae here, but he's smart and knew Sinope was lost, he just didn't want to admit it openly, as he's polite and prudent. Anyway it had been expected, so could've been prevented.

Let's get back to our "hero".
To right all (mainly his) wrongs Erik had to basically live in grepo for 24/7, but he had a fear. Just imagine what forums would be like, if HM of Fluffs operated Erik and took one or few of his WW cities? It would be the biggest humiliation for Erik in his entire grepo-career (at least he thought so).
So he made his decision, based on what would be the lesser of two evils for his reputation in a short time frame. I would like to stress here, the lesser evil for HIM, but not for the TEAM.
Of course he needed something to put there to smooth a bit the situation and keep the loyal fans believers, so there came "mysterious smth happened in RL". And here we come again: "yeah RL is more important and etc". He shouldn't have left the alliance and destroy 3 WW.
It can't be surely said if "RL smth" was made up, was/is that huge or happened for real, but he surely used it to get rid of the fear of losing WW city, and listening to the laughter of HM (especially) and Fluffs. Just imagine that? Knowing Erik it would be the worst case scenario for him.

Meanwhile because of that action, despite destroying 1000 players' hope and chance to defend their well-deserved 3 WW, he can count on the sympathy and understanding. Moreover, I won't be surprised to see him as a leader in grepo in the future and the same fooled Merge guys will follow him.

Why?
People love to have a faith, and Erik as a good motivator gave it to them, so they simply don't want to believe in smth else. It's easier to believe, than don't.

Don't get me wrong, I can't say he's a bad guy, but a big child who got to be in the center of attention, which he desperately needs to live his happy life.
When spotlights in a theater are switched off, actors who were kings and queens on the scene, become ordinary guys from the subway train.
That grayness is lethal to Erik, so he needs you, he needs guys like the original poster who would admire, respect, remember and love him.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I just got negative Rep: "Erik went vm because his son died you numtp, not because he was scared of being oped."

Nobody said nothing and now you act like I've known that?
Also I'd like to point out that I said: "It can't be surely said if "RL smth" was made up, was/is that huge or happened for real, but he surely used it"

If what you've written really happened, is such circumstances people don't log into video game to leave alliance, they simply don't think about anything but sorrow.

If that really happened, my deep condolences though.

Let's just close that theme then, and stop posting such stupid things like Dignity topic

DeletedUser23413

My condolences to Erik and his family if that news was true.

To Tiller: you always get good and objective analysis. Much respect!

DeletedUser50137

Remember my word:

"this game would be too easy if you could trust all your friends"

The only thing that could make this game hard for me was (and will be) untrustful people in my side. The instruction is simple: just stay loyal and committed to the team who spend so much energy and friendship for you.
I had real life issue myself (as the leader of HoH in O76), My mother was sick for 7 months and she died 17 days ago, my priority of course was my RL problems too but i gave my biggest cities in our core to friends twice while leaving the game and started from the bottom when backing in the game. This is that simple. give back that friendship and do not make the enjoyment of the game stressful and annoying for your teammates just for that you have RL issues!
on the basis of that simple rule, I will divide people into two groups (either in pact or enemy coalition): first the trustful and loyal ones, and second the untrustful peep who I will never ever play in their side.
Killermoze69 as my first enemy in this game will be in first group for example. But some like Erik, Prae, Scorpio, Claudiu Cunot, Tastie (wondering how he does consider himself as top 5 in the game while is losing cities to enemy every hour!) and all other loads of my friends who ran to Nutters will be in the second group.
as someone said:
Trust? years to earn, seconds to break.

DeletedUser32487

My original post was not meant a dig at you Leolis. It was for everyone who took this game too far.

I have no words to summarise or contemplate what Erik and his family must be going through atm. He must also be reading what is posted here. Who in here wants to follow Erik will keep doing so, people who don’t stop doing this.

Please stop with all this finger pointing. If what everyone is saying that whilst his faced what he did, he should have turned his back on his family and his own child to give the small minded people a win.

We lost because of not of Erik; we lost because wrongly or rightly we didn't have enough leaders who came forward to lead the coalition and our activity dropped. Or the few who did weren't given the support. So please stopped with Erik this and Erik that.... We came here as comings when Eubea WW finished. We were not EN or HERT. No more as my old friends from other worlds.

So shall we all take what happened in one of our old standing players; unite to think lets have banter, have fun, but think there is a real person behind this name who also has feelings?

DeletedUser

Responsibility for the poor gameplay lies with all players of The Merge, but you miss the point here Odd-Job.

If that terrible occasion has happened, we all with Erik and we pray for his family.

But what is the connection between RL and his last action? What's the logic?

I mean. Prae was busy in RL + he lost interest in Sinope -> he didn't login much -> he lost city = Ok it's understandable.

Erik got smth terrible in RL -> logged in (!) -> left alliance to destroy 3 WW = where is a logic here? Why would anyone do that?
This is just a game, (exactly!), so when you got problems in RL you normally just don't play it, you don't log-in, you forget about the game completely.

That's what I do not understand here.

Aditionally, when we all finally put up with the events, here comes a clown with fake account to write a poem and remind us what's happened.

Don't get me wrong, I'm Ok with the end of Sinope. After all we got what we deserved, but my heart hurts to see many people fooled and in a deep sorrow.

That's why I summarized all what have been said on skype, forums and in private messages and put it into one honest obseravtion.

Face the reality, as is, regardless how ugly it is.

DeletedUser32487

When you post it like that without knowing what happened, I understand yours and may other Merge players anger.

If only life was so black and white. It wasn't. I asked Erik not come out of vm as I knew my dear friends Leolis and the crew was counting for the days to bust him. However they heard the news that Erik had real life problems and they backed off. Rest of the leadership team agreed my reasons. We also knew that Erik needed the time off grepo. He needed to focus on his real life and family. I know Erik; he is one of nicest guys. Yes he likes to boast a bit, fool around but may past enemies would say he will take it as much has he dish out.

Why he left, simple. He asked and pleaded, and I took on the task of trying to try to find WW holders. I had massive arguements with Erik and owe an apology to Dimi too. Because no one wanted to take his cities, who had the time and commitment to face attacks. Some took few.

What would you do then? When you face a crisis at home that no parent should ever face, and a reality for a player like Erik to also feel that he can't give that time and effort he gave to his teammates.

Think for a minute from his shoes.... He has spent far too much time and effort on this game. He is not to be blamed, there was a team of us, we all failed together. If you want anyone to blame, blame me instead. I failed to find enough players to hand off Erik's WWs.

ErikWijmeersch

Strategos
Do not understand that my real life problems are getting abused overhere and people start to pretend that gold was the reason for my end. Some find that I have to appear before the military court, Instead of using expensive words on the externals, you had better come out of hibernation yourself and you could tried to help out KI-BORG/Ranga when i was no longer arround, this would be a much better option instead of playing world 84.
Odd-JOBB good friend, don't give apologies to nobody please, it should never been your job to find players to take cities, but nevertheless you tried.
Also I would apriciate that people stop writing that i was not under fire. It's not true. I dont blame people attacked me, but dont write i wasn't that's all i ask.
All days i got incomings from Choosen.one and Mungus.The day Prae's WW cities were under fire , i think Mungus had 1 and choosen.one had 3 cities of me revolted, during my Deff i managed to hand them over at Meti8705.
After I slept few hours, woke up and I saw we lost some WW-cities.
Having another +45 incoming attacks it would have made no difference for us to win a crown, as i said this already somewhere else, we failed the 7WW.

If i had no RL I could stay another 48hours to hand over most my cities and safe at least 1 WW Island so nobody would gain a crown in this world. (My hate to the enemy is not that big). and i believed it would give options for teammembers to join the enemy, afterall this is a wargame and therefor i thought the enemy groups would start their own wars to win that crown, and people could join 1 of them, i was wrong on that part.

but this was not the case, as an active player I was no longer in a position to stay ingame for a minute longer , end discussion.

656503b03b873a64637ff4b00dbaeeaa.png

f143388b1c27ac1d0a7e435f6c326d1d.png

DeletedUser49059

Do not understand that my real life problems are getting abused overhere and people start to pretend that gold was the reason for my end. Some find that I have to appear before the military court, Instead of using expensive words on the externals, you had better come out of hibernation yourself and you could tried to help out KI-BORG/Ranga when i was no longer arround, this would be a much better option instead of playing world 84.
Odd-JOBB good friend, don't give apologies to nobody please, it should never been your job to find players to take cities, but nevertheless you tried.
Also I would apriciate that people stop writing that i was not under fire. It's not true. I dont blame people attacked me, but dont write i wasn't that's all i ask.
All days i got incomings from Choosen.one and Mungus.The day Prae's WW cities were under fire , i think Mungus had 1 and choosen.one had 3 cities of me revolted, during my Deff i managed to hand them over at Meti8705.
After I slept few hours, woke up and I saw we lost some WW-cities.
Having another +45 incoming attacks it would have made no difference for us to win a crown, as i said this already somewhere else, we failed the 7WW.

If i had no RL I could stay another 48hours to hand over most my cities and safe at least 1 WW Island so nobody would gain a crown in this world. (My hate to the enemy is not that big). and i believed it would give options for teammembers to join the enemy, afterall this is a wargame and therefor i thought the enemy groups would start their own wars to win that crown, and people could join 1 of them, i was wrong on that part.

but this was not the case, as an active player I was no longer in a position to stay ingame for a minute longer , end discussion.

656503b03b873a64637ff4b00dbaeeaa.png

f143388b1c27ac1d0a7e435f6c326d1d.png

Erik, while you and I didn't see things the same in the game, I do have respect for your skill and for the fact that you have gained friendships in this game.

I also respect you for taking time to respond to this junk out here. We have mutual friends who eluded to the difficulties and challenges that you and your family are facing unexpectedly.

Regardless of what everyone wants to proclaim and take stabs at each other over out here, you have my respect for responding and my sincere prayers and best of wishes to you and your family. Given what happened, you stayed much longer than I would have if I were in your shoes- real life must come first, and I know that outside of family, your have friends in this game that are part of your "real life" as well and whom you care for.

Compassion and best wishes to you, regardless of our gaming positions with one another on the last server. HG

DeletedUser23413

So it turns out to a place where Merge people justifying who to blame. I would stay out if the original poster didn't tell some thing he imagined about HM.
To Erik, my prays with your family. I sent you a PM but I didn't know what was the issue you faced so I couldn't tell my condolences. Be strong, man.

DeletedUser

We shouldn't put all blame on Erik in The Merge defeat in Sinope, as other leaders (especially) and all players are responsible for that.
But it's not how he should've interrupted (temporarily , as I believe he'll be back) his grepo-career.

It's wasn't up to one man to destroy something that so many people worked on, and it's 3 WW. That's what I want people like original poster to understand.
The Merge could've decided by themselves what to do, turtle up and keep at least one wonder, trade it to enemy or smth. But The Merge people should've been given a chance to make a choice, their own choice.

For Erik I'd like to adress next:
<- Sometimes you win, but sometimes you lose, and one simple: "I'm sorry guys for destroying your WW and haven't fulfiled my promises" would do very-well in current circumstances.

The way you deal with defeats gives you more greatness, than how you deal with wins.
All the best, be strong bud and come back someday.
Anyway you make this game fun. ->

ErikWijmeersch

Strategos
We shouldn't put all blame on Erik in The Merge defeat in Sinope, as other leaders (especially) and all players are responsible for that.
But it's not how he should've interrupted (temporarily , as I believe he'll be back) his grepo-career.

It's wasn't up to one man to destroy something that so many people worked on, and it's 3 WW. That's what I want people like original poster to understand.
The Merge could've decided by themselves what to do, turtle up and keep at least one wonder, trade it to enemy or smth. But The Merge people should've been given a chance to make a choice, their own choice.

For Erik I'd like to adress next:
<- Sometimes you win, but sometimes you lose, and one simple: "I'm sorry guys for destroying your WW and haven't fulfiled my promises" would do very-well in current circumstances.

The way you deal with defeats gives you more greatness, than how you deal with wins.
All the best, be strong bud and come back someday.
Anyway you make this game fun. ->

Here a thought what Inno could do so no more need to discus and turns in rounds. It might even safe the game.

Victor Award : 4/7 WW or higher.
MASTERS : Only possible for Victors if they keep 6months 4/7WW, if they fail no team GETS THIS MASTER AWARD.
OTHER AWARD (NEW ONE) : For busting WW , TEAM of the player who bust a WW gets all this award (people need to have a motivation).
NEW AWARD only be given after the 6 month countdown, so the victors has stil time to regain their 4WW if some time is left.

This system only makes 1 team win some major award.
This system might motivates players to do some fighting during WW.

its also more fair so people move on to another world can say 4 things.

We lost.
We won and had total victory.
We won but didnt achieved masters.
We won (NEW AWARD).

all 4 are honnorable in a way.

DeletedUser49059

Here a thought what Inno could do so no more need to discus and turns in rounds. It might even safe the game.

Victor Award : 4/7 WW or higher.
MASTERS : Only possible for Victors if they keep 6months 4/7WW, if they fail no team GETS THIS MASTER AWARD.
OTHER AWARD (NEW ONE) : For busting WW , TEAM of the player who bust a WW gets all this award (people need to have a motivation).
NEW AWARD only be given after the 6 month countdown, so the victors has stil time to regain their 4WW if some time is left.

This system only makes 1 team win some major award.
This system might motivates players to do some fighting during WW.

its also more fair so people move on to another world can say 4 things.

We lost.
We won and had total victory.
We won but didnt achieved masters.
We won (NEW AWARD).

all 4 are honnorable in a way.

Those are good ideas, and would keep the "fun" in the WW portion of the game. Well put.

DeletedUser24285

I have not read all the comments (in RL I just get briefs) but I get the sentiment that Erik has suffered exceptionally serious problems in RL. I which case I wish him well and let bygones be bygones - perhaps we should now end this thread.

DeletedUser50592

In a thread called "Dignity" should be actually no room for people (i'm not talking just about how they play) who don't really understand the meaning of that word - Sinope was/is not just about winning, more about honor and dignity some players/leaders didn't show much during the game, so please don't mix RL issues with arrogance, selfishness and betrayal during the game...
P.S. Mixing nicks is flattering but still wrong... :D

Regards, fallen.one.

DeletedUser

In a thread called "Dignity" should be actually no room for people (i'm not talking just about how they play) who don't really understand the meaning of that word - Sinope was/is not just about winning, more about honor and dignity some players/leaders didn't show much during the game, so please don't mix RL issues with arrogance, selfishness and betrayal during the game...
P.S. Mixing nicks is flattering but still wrong... :D

Regards, fallen.one.

People like you are responsible for players losing interest in this game. You whinge and whine on about honour like it was a commodity that fills your john every morning.

Sinope was/is not just about winning
Yes it damn well is. Grepolis is about winning. It always was. If you don't like that go play with those who now inhabit the Off Topic section and verbally stroke each other with quotations and pointless fluffy spam rather than play the game of Grepolis. :pro:

Your account name and your posts for that matter name appear to be deliberately created to take advantage of someone widely accepted to have suffered a tragic loss. That is about as low as anyone can get in these forums. I have seen your record on Grepointel and it tells me all I need to know about you.

You make me sick!