I'm out

DeletedUser50935

Would any of you actually like to try being mods? Dealing with noobs and players with delusion of grandeur who can't just take an infraction. We follow the rules because they are designed to stop this forum from becoming a mess of bad language and spam/ trolling. You might think you want the mods gone but you could not do the job yourself or just get rid of us. Pebbles works hard for this community and doesn't need you lot commenting on a job you can't do.

I'm pretty sure I could mod okay... I'm not saying you're bad all I'm saying is lighten up a bit... That neg rep you gave me shows that perfectly... I wasnt complaining I was just joking around... I wouldn't be surprised if my sig ends up with an infraction such is the strictness of the mods

J.n.c 1993

Strategos
Goodbye Wavebreaker, didn't really know you that well but I enjoyed reading some of your posts from time to time.

@Jamezbeast - although I don't care about your sig, doesn't affect me in anyway. However it'll just get removed as it is an insult to the moderation team and if it's left as it is, it'll only just promote disdain towards us...

Not all of us who mod here are the same. Some might be more strict than others or more lenient blah blah blah... However once you get to know some of us, we're actually pretty good guys once you get to know us.

Although I don't post as often as I used to, I'm always about. If you have any concerns or just fancy a good laugh, then feel free to send me a message.

James

DeletedUser

Would any of you actually like to try being mods? Dealing with noobs and players with delusion of grandeur who can't just take an infraction. We follow the rules because they are designed to stop this forum from becoming a mess of bad language and spam/ trolling. You might think you want the mods gone but you could not do the job yourself or just get rid of us. Pebbles works hard for this community and doesn't need you lot commenting on a job you can't do.

This is the trouble with current mind set of grepo mods. The above quote is typical of mod attitudes to those players who play this game, fund this game and for whom this game was created. Here we have a moderator freely off loading on players; insulting them; calling them noobs; questioning there sanity etc and in doing so breaking all the forum rules which they apply to players. The situation is becoming so ridiculous that I wouldn't mind betting that peron67's post remains whilst mine deleted and I receive an infraction! :Angry:

For some moderators their own literary interests and opinions have become the prime reason why they use these forums to the extent where they will issue infraction notices or even recommend perma bans to those whose views they personally dislike. As far as I am concerned this needs to be said , contrary to the rules, in open forum because it is becoming a wide spread practise amongst mods and the community mangers are doing nothing to stop it. :supermad:

DeletedUser14937

He is more than welcome to stay and participate in the forum by posting within the forum guidelines.

The fact that he has not done so, and has basically only contributed to dividing the community further, is not something I condone.

Good bye Wave. Feel free to return once you want to contribute to the community.

The level of corporate not giving a (Its my duty as a good contributing community member to not finish the phrase) is too damn high..

Don't mind me I'm just flexing my memory of how to use this lovely forum

DeletedUser

look in the end the insulting the mods is not needed. we delete the posts which insult us as well as the ones which insult others because this forum is not about people arguing. I am not saying all players are noobs and the delusions of grandeur thing I mean come on most of you people admit you think you have delusions of grandeur. I -repped you because I disagreed with your comment. -repping is to show you disagree with someone. People need to accept inno's rules. what wave is doing is fine. he has decided he doesn't like the forum rules so won't post here. We are not trying to drive players away (intentionally) but there are rules which people can accept or leave.

DeletedUser8396

If by divide the community, you mean divide you from everyone else than yeah, I guess he may have...

I vote Pebble is removed of moderation rights, for in his own words "dividing the community".

Your not wanted here Pebbles.

That isn't really your decision, to remove me. Even if it were, you really wouldn't want to. Why? Because you would see the three of the most active sections die: Ideas, Debate and Discussion, and Literature.

And before you reply, do read my replies to others as I will likely deal with anything you will say.

I don't think you broke any rules... I just think the rules are wrong... He has never explicitly talked about moderation so it can't be viewed as that... Im not asking for much... Just bend the rules a bit to keep the ever dwindling forum community happy (you're complaining about it shrinking)... AoC got banned for his little poke at the mods... All I'm saying is you guys need a chill pill... Overall you're not a bad mod and most of the mods are pretty good as well...
Edit: I think you pos repped me by accident :D

Here it is ;)

I didn't. I would have been removed. The rules may be wrong, but that is not for my judgement or yours, it is Baudins and, if you think they are, then you must appeal to him - not blame me for enforcing the rules. If a cop disagrees with drug laws and their enforcement, he still is required to enforce them. Sure, the public may hate the cop for it, but they can't blame him.

And he has. It is easy to interpret almost every post he has made as relating to moderation, which is against forum rules. He didn't even have the decency to ask me about whether he could have posted the topic - which would have at least been closer to the rule book. Had he done that, I would have reviewed the material, deemed whether it would have been conducive to the community, and then said yes or no. But this wasn't done. Now perhaps you would claim I would only allow positive material, but I can assure you that you are wrong. Were it posted in a proper section, wasn't straight up bashing me, and conveyed the situation in a respectful way in general, I likely would okay it.

And I can't "bend" the rules. This isn't how this works. I am tasked with enforcing the rules and cannot be faulted for doing so.

And AoC didn't "poke" the mods. He took a stick an tried swatting at them a few times a week. That much is irrefutable.

My signature is said in good humour as was AoCs and Waves posts (I think)... All I'm saying is just be a bit more lighthearted...

Can't really speak to their intent of the signature, but I don't think we ever considered AoC's or Waves in any discussion. AoC had his location as "Banned by a pebble" for weeks. I didn't really care - it was a joke.

Amen to that.

It's been a good ride Wave. Sad to see ya go, especially because of something as preventable as this. Ever since BT got the co-coma job, things have gone downhill fast. Pebble can blame it on his "exodus" excuse or whatever he tried to tell me, but when somebody's always blaming somebody else, and something's ALWAYS going on with them, it's glaringly obvious what the problem is. "Don't discuss moderation this," "no allowing users to find out the mod rules" that.

Like I said, sad to see ya go wave. Hit me up on Skype if you ever wanna talk.

Again, there is no correlation to BT and the forum dying. It was 2.0 uprooting the veteran players who frequented these forums most. Ever since, we've received a trickle effect of new members. We can't force them to stay and we often times cant run competitions or events if there are too few members - it's a vicious cycle. And when someone blames someone or something else constantly, for the same accusation, then it means nothing. If you accused me of murdering someone and I gave the excuse that I wasn't in the country, if I use that excuse every time you ask it doesn't make it less legitimate...

And we disallow you to discuss things based on the forum rules which are publicly available and were required to read before you signed up. I won't apologize for enforcing rules that were universally agreed to. Again, read my reply to James about rules.

damn, it really go bad in here huh? the forum moderators are almost as bad as inno. lack of respect for the community and really dont care what people think. Obviously the community is dying because of terrible moderation as well as its more of a oligarchy than a forum. Forums used to be fun. now they're ruined. :pro:

They aren't ruined because of moderation. They are ruined by a low player base which is near impossible to raise outside of sending in game campaign mails - which isn't as simple as you think. And I don't have a lack of respect for the community. I have a lack of respect for those who consistently bash us without just cause or a shred of actual evidence. If someone accused you of something without any foundation, you would find it difficult to hold them in any high regard if they kept on doing it after you explained why it makes no sense.

And the forums could be fun and enjoyable. I've tried - several Literature threads designed not around my pieces, but around a neutral topic: Literature Debates, Write a Limerick, Rate the Writing, Micro Poems, Grepolis Co-Author Event, Literature Pickup lines, Literature Sins, and Sticky Writing of the Month, and Creative Writing Competitions. All of which died due to lack of community interest. Debate and Discussion: I brought back literally from having absolutely zero posts. I'm still trying to get users to post there. Problem is, I have limited ideas about possible debates and don't get many suggestions. And the Ideas section, admittedly, has received some neglect. Still tried to alleviate some tension and encourage posts with The Wish List section and will be continuing Idea Polls every 2 weeks or month (haven't decided). The point is, I have a slew of evidence showing I'm not self-propagating my own self without regard to the community.

The point isnt necessarily that we dont want any mods or want one particular mod gone. THe only thing is that Forum-Mods seem to not really allow critisism in any form. Constructive or not, towards IG or the Team. Experienced the smae thing in the german Forums.

I just want to be able to express my thoughts. I dont see a rule against saying my opinion on stuff.

We don't allow public criticism, at least not without moderator approval beforehand. Private message us with a respectful criticism and we'll likely respond respectfully. I can attest that I haven't received a single private message about moderation that was actually polite.

If you can't see that Pebbles condescending comments are detrimental to the forum, than here lies part of the problem.

Pebbles constantly baits members into making a complaint against him, knowing full well that nothing will be done.

I won't net rep you like you did, I feel an open public debate on the issue would be better.

I actually only condescend to those being rude. Or as a joke, but often times that is apparent. I don't "bait" them into reporting me. I say that if they still think I'm in the wrong, then to report me: it is in the forum rules to report a moderation problem to Baudin. I didn't make this up. If you have a legitimate case, Baudin will listen to it and take appropriate action.

This is the trouble with current mind set of grepo mods. The above quote is typical of mod attitudes to those players who play this game, fund this game and for whom this game was created. Here we have a moderator freely off loading on players; insulting them; calling them noobs; questioning there sanity etc and in doing so breaking all the forum rules which they apply to players. The situation is becoming so ridiculous that I wouldn't mind betting that peron67's post remains whilst mine deleted and I receive an infraction! :Angry:

For some moderators their own literary interests and opinions have become the prime reason why they use these forums to the extent where they will issue infraction notices or even recommend perma bans to those whose views they personally dislike. As far as I am concerned this needs to be said , contrary to the rules, in open forum because it is becoming a wide spread practise amongst mods and the community mangers are doing nothing to stop it. :supermad:

He called them noobs and that they think they are better than others. Noobs is allowed and the other isn't an insult. I wouldn't infract anyone for that.

As for my own l"literary interests": my reply to Shrefty

I've tried - several Literature threads designed not around my pieces, but around a neutral topic: Literature Debates, Write a Limerick, Rate the Writing, Micro Poems, Grepolis Co-Author Event, Literature Pickup lines, Literature Sins, and Sticky Writing of the Month, and Creative Writing Competitions. All of which died due to lack of community interest. Debate and Discussion: I brought back literally from having absolutely zero posts. I'm still trying to get users to post there. Problem is, I have limited ideas about possible debates and don't get many suggestions. And the Ideas section, admittedly, has received some neglect. Still tried to alleviate some tension and encourage posts with The Wish List section and will be continuing Idea Polls every 2 weeks or month (haven't decided). The point is, I have a slew of evidence showing I'm not self-propagating my own self without regard to the community.

And

Every piece I've written and write is written for the sole intent to elicit posts and, possibly, for the forum goer to enjoy something. I don't post it to receive praise or criticism, except for the fact that that is activity. I post it for people to see the section more, possibly influence them to write something of their own, or something. I don't need this forum for praise and criticism. I neither have that shallow of a need for approval nor a delusion that I will receive some mind-altering feedback that will make me a better writer. I have an entire other website for that, which is designed around creative writing.

The level of corporate not giving a (Its my duty as a good contributing community member to not finish the phrase) is too damn high..

Don't mind me I'm just flexing my memory of how to use this lovely forum

Read posts above, Cyber.

DeletedUser

Moderators aside it is the rules of this forum that are the problem.
However as we have not had idea about the game implemented in more than a year I hardly think anyone gives a damn about making the forum useable again.

DeletedUser30636

That isn't really your decision, to remove me. Even if it were, you really wouldn't want to. Why? Because you would see the three of the most active sections die: Ideas, Debate and Discussion, and Literature.

And before you reply, do read my replies to others as I will likely deal with anything you will say.

Here it is ;)

I didn't. I would have been removed. The rules may be wrong, but that is not for my judgement or yours, it is Baudins and, if you think they are, then you must appeal to him - not blame me for enforcing the rules. If a cop disagrees with drug laws and their enforcement, he still is required to enforce them. Sure, the public may hate the cop for it, but they can't blame him.

And he has. It is easy to interpret almost every post he has made as relating to moderation, which is against forum rules. He didn't even have the decency to ask me about whether he could have posted the topic - which would have at least been closer to the rule book. Had he done that, I would have reviewed the material, deemed whether it would have been conducive to the community, and then said yes or no. But this wasn't done. Now perhaps you would claim I would only allow positive material, but I can assure you that you are wrong. Were it posted in a proper section, wasn't straight up bashing me, and conveyed the situation in a respectful way in general, I likely would okay it.

And I can't "bend" the rules. This isn't how this works. I am tasked with enforcing the rules and cannot be faulted for doing so.

And AoC didn't "poke" the mods. He took a stick an tried swatting at them a few times a week. That much is irrefutable.

Can't really speak to their intent of the signature, but I don't think we ever considered AoC's or Waves in any discussion. AoC had his location as "Banned by a pebble" for weeks. I didn't really care - it was a joke.

Again, there is no correlation to BT and the forum dying. It was 2.0 uprooting the veteran players who frequented these forums most. Ever since, we've received a trickle effect of new members. We can't force them to stay and we often times cant run competitions or events if there are too few members - it's a vicious cycle. And when someone blames someone or something else constantly, for the same accusation, then it means nothing. If you accused me of murdering someone and I gave the excuse that I wasn't in the country, if I use that excuse every time you ask it doesn't make it less legitimate...

And we disallow you to discuss things based on the forum rules which are publicly available and were required to read before you signed up. I won't apologize for enforcing rules that were universally agreed to. Again, read my reply to James about rules.

They aren't ruined because of moderation. They are ruined by a low player base which is near impossible to raise outside of sending in game campaign mails - which isn't as simple as you think. And I don't have a lack of respect for the community. I have a lack of respect for those who consistently bash us without just cause or a shred of actual evidence. If someone accused you of something without any foundation, you would find it difficult to hold them in any high regard if they kept on doing it after you explained why it makes no sense.

And the forums could be fun and enjoyable. I've tried - several Literature threads designed not around my pieces, but around a neutral topic: Literature Debates, Write a Limerick, Rate the Writing, Micro Poems, Grepolis Co-Author Event, Literature Pickup lines, Literature Sins, and Sticky Writing of the Month, and Creative Writing Competitions. All of which died due to lack of community interest. Debate and Discussion: I brought back literally from having absolutely zero posts. I'm still trying to get users to post there. Problem is, I have limited ideas about possible debates and don't get many suggestions. And the Ideas section, admittedly, has received some neglect. Still tried to alleviate some tension and encourage posts with The Wish List section and will be continuing Idea Polls every 2 weeks or month (haven't decided). The point is, I have a slew of evidence showing I'm not self-propagating my own self without regard to the community.

We don't allow public criticism, at least not without moderator approval beforehand. Private message us with a respectful criticism and we'll likely respond respectfully. I can attest that I haven't received a single private message about moderation that was actually polite.

I actually only condescend to those being rude. Or as a joke, but often times that is apparent. I don't "bait" them into reporting me. I say that if they still think I'm in the wrong, then to report me: it is in the forum rules to report a moderation problem to Baudin. I didn't make this up. If you have a legitimate case, Baudin will listen to it and take appropriate action.

He called them noobs and that they think they are better than others. Noobs is allowed and the other isn't an insult. I wouldn't infract anyone for that.

As for my own l"literary interests": my reply to Shrefty

I've tried - several Literature threads designed not around my pieces, but around a neutral topic: Literature Debates, Write a Limerick, Rate the Writing, Micro Poems, Grepolis Co-Author Event, Literature Pickup lines, Literature Sins, and Sticky Writing of the Month, and Creative Writing Competitions. All of which died due to lack of community interest. Debate and Discussion: I brought back literally from having absolutely zero posts. I'm still trying to get users to post there. Problem is, I have limited ideas about possible debates and don't get many suggestions. And the Ideas section, admittedly, has received some neglect. Still tried to alleviate some tension and encourage posts with The Wish List section and will be continuing Idea Polls every 2 weeks or month (haven't decided). The point is, I have a slew of evidence showing I'm not self-propagating my own self without regard to the community.

And

Every piece I've written and write is written for the sole intent to elicit posts and, possibly, for the forum goer to enjoy something. I don't post it to receive praise or criticism, except for the fact that that is activity. I post it for people to see the section more, possibly influence them to write something of their own, or something. I don't need this forum for praise and criticism. I neither have that shallow of a need for approval nor a delusion that I will receive some mind-altering feedback that will make me a better writer. I have an entire other website for that, which is designed around creative writing.

Read posts above, Cyber.

This is the other issue that i see with the moderation team. You cant ever take responsibility for your actions. As moderators you should be held to a higher standard than the rest of us. Lead by example. All that your exemplifying is that we should be self centered and mad all the time. We would just like freedom to do as we think. The activity level has dropped drastically and instead of trying to find ways to fix it. you continue to practice the roots of the problem. THE FORUMS ARENT FUN ANYMORE. All the mods think they're better than the community and it shows. and as we've seen with wave. Any attempt to critique the mods results in infractions and bans. I cant be a mod because A. i dont think im old enough. B. i dont have the type of time on my hands anymore. so instead of doing the whole "well if its so easy, then you do it" how about we try to stop being so damn stubborn and self righteous and just listen to the community! after all we're the only reason these forums are still open.

DeletedUser8396

This is the other issue that i see with the moderation team. You cant ever take responsibility for your actions. As moderators you should be held to a higher standard than the rest of us. Lead by example. All that your exemplifying is that we should be self centered and mad all the time. We would just like freedom to do as we think. The activity level has dropped drastically and instead of trying to find ways to fix it. you continue to practice the roots of the problem. THE FORUMS ARENT FUN ANYMORE. All the mods think they're better than the community and it shows. and as we've seen with wave. Any attempt to critique the mods results in infractions and bans. I cant be a mod because A. i dont think im old enough. B. i dont have the type of time on my hands anymore. so instead of doing the whole "well if its so easy, then you do it" how about we try to stop being so damn stubborn and self righteous and just listen to the community! after all we're the only reason these forums are still open.

Did you even bother reading my post?

DeletedUser18132

[video=youtube;5DmYLrxR0Y8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DmYLrxR0Y8[/video] - Why Can't We Be Friends
Happy Thanksgiving/Black Friday to everyone :)

Edit: (Hey I'd really appreciate it if a mod could edit this to make the video appear here, I forgot how to :()

Last edited:

DeletedUser31385

[video=youtube;5DmYLrxR0Y8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DmYLrxR0Y8[/video]
Happy Thanksgiving/Black Friday to everyone :)

Edit: (Hey I'd really appreciate it if a mod could edit this to make the video appear here, I forgot how to :()

Videos aren't allowed because of performance issues.

DeletedUser14937

Too much reading for me.

I'm just curious when Toucan is going to come and kill the thread, just as successfully as he has been in killing the forum in general. For money if I may add.

le me awaits

DeletedUser40768

I know I haven't really been active for a few months but really the mods we have on the EN and US are pretty good for the most part. Now I skimmed through most of the bickering but it seems that some of you expect mods to be perfect. Which would be silly to think, all people are imperfect.

I think the real reason we don't have people here is because the game is declining. It's a shell of its former self and the devs are to blame for that, not anyone here. What reason do people have now to join. To hear about the latest new gfx updates. Or to see you guys argue for several pages about mods. You guys are so lucky and you don't even realize it. The US forums in their early days were way worse and there was no one to complain because those people were all removed.

Trust me if modding was as bad as some of you feel it is then everyone posting here would get infracted at the very minimum. That isn't the case.

DeletedUser8396

Too much reading for me.

I'm just curious when Toucan is going to come and kill the thread, just as successfully as he has been in killing the forum in general. For money if I may add.

le me awaits

"You mods suck."

"Well, actually, we don't. Here's why:..."

"Oh. I don't wanna read why I'm wrong."

Yeah. This certainly isn't cause for irritation. Even brought it out in the very post you didn't want to read:

...And I don't have a lack of respect for the community. I have a lack of respect for those who consistently bash us without just cause or a shred of actual evidence. If someone accused you of something without any foundation, you would find it difficult to hold them in any high regard if they kept on doing it after you explained why it makes no sense.

And yeah, it likely will be closed. You want to know why? Because this isn't constructive to building a community (which is the reason I give and gave for why we don't allow public discussion of mods).

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Ok, I'm home and have been reading this thread since it's posting. It has gone wildly off the rails. Mods and players alike pushed this as far away from a goodbye thread as they could. So unless it's a comment about how you are sad to see wave go or that you enjoyed talking to him while he was here I'll be deleting it. I will leave the thread as is but derailing it further be it from mod or player will result in me stepping in. I'll create a thread specifically for forum improvement discussion in a few minutes.

DeletedUser

Ok, I'm home and have been reading this thread since it's posting. It has gone wildly off the rails. Mods and players alike pushed this as far away from a goodbye thread as they could. So unless it's a comment about how you are sad to see wave go or that you enjoyed talking to him while he was here I'll be deleting it. I will leave the thread as is but derailing it further be it from mod or player will result in me stepping in. I'll create a thread specifically for forum improvement discussion in a few minutes.

Where it this new thread, please, and where is the link. Also see my mail to you.