Dropping Like Flies

• Thread starter DeletedUser32355
  • Start date

DeletedUser32355

pgI3Ztf.png

DeletedUser41523

Going to guess that its because there isn't such a wide range of settings for people to play. Ergo only certain groups of players play at a time.

DeletedUser18132

Yeeeah, the forums are dying. I don't know why I even lurk here anymore, there's not much to lurk...

DeletedUser8396

Doo dee doo dee doo...I seem to remember someone saying it would get worse. Who was that guy though? Doo dee doo dee doo...

DeletedUser29066

Doo dee doo dee doo...I seem to remember someone saying it would get worse. Who was that guy though? Doo dee doo dee doo...

Chris Christie
Jeb Bush
Marco Rubio
Ted Cruz

... shall I go on?

DeletedUser37468

Unfortunately I have a feeling that some of the leavers from the forum were due to some slightly over enthusiastic moderating on the Abdera section....more than a few took exception to the then heavy handed approach to moderation...caused, mainly by inexperience and that sent a ripple of disgust and unhappiness through many of the regulars

As someone who used to build forums like these and train moderators, I did warn that it could be detrimental to the forums as a whole if things were not toned down....by toned down, I mean that just cos something posted offends or upsets the moderator does not mean that it will have the same effect on the masses...

I suspect that those who threatened to leave have done so in protest...along with a few who were banned for basically losing their patience and voicing their unhappiness

The moderation has calmed down now, so maybe those who felt they were being alienated will return...time will tell

DeletedUser33530

The moderation has calmed down now, so maybe those who felt they were being alienated will return...time will tell
sNAea6i.png

It appears that time has spoken and it disagrees with you.

However time does appear to favor pebble
That isn't really your decision, to remove me. Even if it were, you really wouldn't want to. Why? Because you would see the three of the most active sections die: Ideas, Debate and Discussion, and Literature.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Unfortunately I have a feeling that some of the leavers from the forum were due to some slightly over enthusiastic moderating

Unfortunately i have a feeling that this feeling is totally lost, everyone who were active in abdera forums,are still active in en89 forums.
Well most of them.

DeletedUser19042

I'm still alive. I think. Am I? :eek:

First login since september.

DeletedUser8396

Well done Skully for not sitting by and letting pebble take all the credit (chuckle). It is thanks to people like you that made this forum so great.

Oh I wasn't taking credit for the statement of it getting worse - I would never do such a terrible deed. Just pointing out my prediction was correct about three sections dying (or two of the three, with the third limping) after my departure. I'm looking at you, Literature, DnD, and Ideas. But at least it's interesting to watch it die in various ways.

DeletedUser29066

Back up to 335. It must be the new world.

Amazing how quick they come out of the woodwork when they have a chance to vote on new world settings .. almost as amazing as how fast they disappear again after it's done. Go Buckeyes, Go Wolverines! :p

DeletedUser48257

As soon as people get rimmed .... bye bye active players :(