2.110 Discussion Thread

DeletedUser22054

The smoke/fire lasts 24 hours/world speed. So on a speed 1 it'll last 24 hours, speed 2 12 hours, speed 3 8 hours.
I just learned, the smoke are only showed, if I have won the attack. But today, I haven't won, but I saw a lot of smoke.
Have I not win the attack for the smoke, which means, it will shown in every case?

DeletedUser21774

Anyone else having new bugs? Like 30+ second anti-timer? Or attacks vanishing?

This response from support negates what everyone is noticing:
Hello dustballs1,

Thank you for contacting support.

I have looked at the logs and no the anti-timer has not been changed. Commands are still registering in the same period they have in the past.

Should you have further questions please don't hesitate to contact support in the future.

Sincerely,

Medi
Senior Moderator

DeletedUser44497

The new banner is like going to watch a great movie and some noob stands up right in front of you for 30 seconds and you
miss the good bit, please get rid or give a disable function

DeletedUser51423

I agree that the banners are on the screen a little long, although they are prettier.

DeletedUser

Will you please get rid of that stupid banner ....I don't need to know when I send a message, when I build troops or a building.. and I certainly don't need to know when I send an attack or support to a city.. ..if you want to make changes do it so it benefits the game .. not so it looks pretty in your eyes.. because it is an eyesore to those who actually play the game day in day out..

DeletedUser

Other than the banners which stay for too long I also noticed that the timer on farming villages doesn't come on as soon as you demand from them. I have to refresh the page to get them to come on and sometimes even after that they don't come on. The timers are useful as it lets me know that it is time to demand again when they vanish.
Also about the banners if we could move them up a bit so that they don't block important buttons it would be great. Right now they block the close or minimize buttons so you can't really spell your attack quick enough.

DeletedUser41501

I as a player who buys gold I want this "Green scroll" that appears with every action in the game and "Highlight Options" gone from the screen. These functions are unnecessary, annoying and should be removed as soon as possible.

DeletedUser21774

Ever hover over the farms and see when they claim you can farm again? Then open up the farm view and notice that the times are different.
It's like they throw a random time up when you look at island view.

DeletedUser22517

The farming timer issue has already been reported and is being worked on. Hopefully we'll have a fix for it soon.

Recruitment bug was also reported 3 weeks ago and it is not solved yet, hopefully this will be, little bit faster ;)

DeletedUser21774

Recruitment bug was also reported 3 weeks ago and it is not solved yet, hopefully this will be, little bit faster ;)

I believe that the recruitment bug is systemic to the delay in execution of attacks, which is why support 'checks' the reports and sees no problem with the anti-timer. I believe the anti-timer applies when it 'receives' the attack/support order. If I click to send and attack and the screen hangs for 5 - 10 seconds with the scroll circle in the middle of the screen, I believe the anti-timer starts after this hang-time period is done. Thus I see a 30 second anti-timer on my end, and the support person sees normal anti-timer activity on the reports.

Since getting to the root cause of problems requires game knowledge and a bit of IT knowledge, that's why we get the sort of support responses we get.

DeletedUser21774

Sometimes, when I send support, the cities start to smolder as soon as I launch the support command:
IBX7359.png

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Hmm the cities catching fire from sending is probably not intended. If it happens again send in a ticket or you could even send in a ticket now about it. If we can confirm it's a bug we can report it.

DeletedUser21774

Hmm the cities catching fire from sending is probably not intended. If it happens again send in a ticket or you could even send in a ticket now about it. If we can confirm it's a bug we can report it.

They already 'confirmed' that nothing happened. At all.

DeletedUser21774

I believe that the recruitment bug is systemic to the delay in execution of attacks, which is why support 'checks' the reports and sees no problem with the anti-timer. I believe the anti-timer applies when it 'receives' the attack/support order. If I click to send and attack and the screen hangs for 5 - 10 seconds with the scroll circle in the middle of the screen, I believe the anti-timer starts after this hang-time period is done. Thus I see a 30 second anti-timer on my end, and the support person sees normal anti-timer activity on the reports.

Since getting to the root cause of problems requires game knowledge and a bit of IT knowledge, that's why we get the sort of support responses we get.

A Classic:

Support response about the lag:
"I understand your frustrations with this, however, not all players are experiencing lag, and the lag that players do experience is affected by many different things.

Sincerely,"

DeletedUser37468

Here's an idea...

Next scheduled update...take all servers down for 90 minutes and sort out all the bugs, burps and stuff in one hit...test each server before putting them back online to make sure all bugs, burps and stuff are sorted

Happy campers all round amd Mod teams here on the forum and in-game will be able to stop taking the paracetamol, take out their earplugs, have a coffee and relax whilst we happy gamers can get on with what we are sposed to to...kick the enemy's bum and not have to growl, swear and generally curse at the laptop/pooter/mobile cos things ain't working right

I mean....have you ANY idea how embarrassing it is sat on a bus playing this blasted game with so many faults on it and swearing at your mobile and having passengers sat around you looking at you like you are some crazed maniac?

Believe me...its really not a good look at all...and it does one's blood pressure absolutely no good either....especially when using a Windows phone that has no app and that blasted banner fills the screen and will not bugger off :supermad:

DeletedUser10295

The green banners placement in the top middle of the screen is poor. The lack of speed in which it vanishes is even worse. It slow players down and sometimes blocks areas of the screen/map that they plan to click on....... Sometimes you have to wait upwards of 8-9 seconds for the green banner to vanish! This is so frustrating and I have a fast internet connection, can only imagine how long it takes to disappear for someone on a slow connection/computer. : (

Please move the green banners to the top of the screen (where old red square banners were) and make them vanish much faster. Best would be to have the option to turn them off.

I am liking the smoking and burning cities, that is fun to see.

Still messing around with the strategic map, but I think the new window would be better served closed, with the option of being opened by the player as the default setting, rather than already open and blocking 20% of the upper-right hand section of the strategic map.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser52777

The new banners 'attack launched' etc. are so slow, annoying and unnecessary.

+1. I came on the forum to say the same thing. It slows me down in doing what I want to do in the game, hence it takes more time to do what used to take less time, hence I put enough time in the game as it is, hence I'm more inclined to stop playing.