Divine Senses

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
For the first two my answer is an honest I don't know. I don't know who is in charge of the decisions nor do I have any sort of contact information that I can give out for it. As for what players can do to show they are not happy about this again the answer is I don't know. I can tell you what doesn't work but whether you believe me is your call. What doesn't work is swearing, insulting others, and causing havok on the forums or with tickets. Doing that only affects the moderators. By that same line of reasoning I don't want to encourage you all to go to others forums and start up stuff that will wind up again just bogging down the mods. Whatever you do should be done in a way that won't land you in trouble either here or else where as getting banned won't help you share you opinion.

As for how we are sending in your feedback it's both by email and skype as it is far easier than calling. The feedback gets collected from every server and then given to the devs and those in charge of decisions.

DeletedUser29916

For the first two my answer is an honest I don't know. I don't know who is in charge of the decisions nor do I have any sort of contact information that I can give out for it. As for what players can do to show they are not happy about this again the answer is I don't know. I can tell you what doesn't work but whether you believe me is your call. What doesn't work is swearing, insulting others, and causing havok on the forums or with tickets. Doing that only affects the moderators. By that same line of reasoning I don't want to encourage you all to go to others forums and start up stuff that will wind up again just bogging down the mods. Whatever you do should be done in a way that won't land you in trouble either here or else where as getting banned won't help you share you opinion.

As for how we are sending in your feedback it's both by email and skype as it is far easier than calling. The feedback gets collected from every server and then given to the devs and those in charge of decisions.

Alright so I take it you have shown them our complaints. Does that mean in their eyes that they have gotten complaint from 20 grepoplayers that post here or does that mean they understand that this about hundreds of disastisfied grepoplayers if not thousands?

Are we being taken serious? if you can skype with them I am sure that you can ask this sort of questions. Are you taking this serious?

I thank you for your reply and I do not intend to throw a fit at any mod and am fully aware of their position

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Well they've been told they have a serious amount of angry players based on the tickets you guys have sent in and your forum posts. I can't speak for how vocal the other communities are in terms of numbers. I also can't very well how seriously the complaints are being taken but as far as I can tell they are being listened to and not dismissed outright. You have to remember that myself and Richard as well as the other CMs or CoCm's on other servers are go betweens. That means we can only tell what each side, you and the developers, are thinking to a certain extent.

DeletedUser37468

This is only a suggestion....and possibly a way to bring together both "sides" of the equation

Since this is the second time in as many months (the myths/chariots tokens in the previous event being the first major mistake made)...would it not be more beneficial for all sides if one of the actual game developers came onto these forums (and their international equivalents) and explained why these mistakes are happening, show a degree of contrition to those who have been affected and who are understandably angry and maybe just show that they are not detached from the gamers who are, quite literally paying their wages by playing and who are understandably angry, frustrated and more than a little confused by what is going wrong and how many times things are going wrong...such as the faults that have been reported and instead of fixing them, new frilly stuff added instead

If the developers came onto the forum themselves instead of using the forum staff as intermediaries and they explained what happened, what is being done to put it right etc and actually allowed two way conversation in public here with players with both brickbats and bouquets alike...there would be alot less resentment and alot more enjoyment and willingness to contimue playing

The "them and us" ethos has to end otherwise the game will end....getting new players in to replace the old will soon stop cos anyone thinking about starting this game will often look it up first to see how good it is etc and right now its not a very bright outlook

Have the developers spend a few minutes each day for two way discussion, they need to reconnect with their paying public and explain why things go wrong, admit mistakes are being made....be human beings and not faceless individuals hiding behind a computer

They would garner alot more repect and people would contimue to play if they came out of their ivory towers (as I am sure some consider them being in those right now and sending messages via their "minions" - no disrespect to Baudin and the other moderators...but in truth the developers are treating you guys like minions and the players like they really do not care)

Get the developers out here...touch base with their customers...listen to what their customers have to say....its not that difficult to do really

DeletedUser41966

Can one of the mods please forward the post above to the game developers? A big part of the problem is the <insert profanity of choice> attitude shown by those running the game to those playing and paying for the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser29916

I have created an online petition which will be sent to innogames. Baudin could you be so kind and also forward this petition.

As English is not my first I have not written out a full case but used Chad`s message, anyone willing to add things to our point of view to build a strong case feel free to PM me and I will see if what you wrote is appropriate and can be added.

Feel free to sign this petition and share it as much as possible, strength in nubers> Let`s atleast try, for this once, to get there attention by actually doing something.

https://www.change.org/p/innogames-equal-bonus-for-everyone-buying-gold-in-grepolis

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
I agree that it would be nice to have more developer interactions on the forums but the problem is that there are like 23 different servers which means 23 different forums which also means there are over 15 different languages. Posting and then keeping in touch, even infrequently, would take a serious amount of work and time. It's far easier for them to relay messages to the various CM's one time and to have us translate and post than it is for them to spend time translating the messages into each language and posting it themselves. Add that to the fact that there is always a bug to be fixed or a feature to be worked on and they are very pressed for time as is.

DeletedUser39095

I agree that it would be nice to have more developer interactions on the forums but the problem is that there are like 23 different servers which means 23 different forums which also means there are over 15 different languages. Posting and then keeping in touch, even infrequently, would take a serious amount of work and time. It's far easier for them to relay messages to the various CM's one time and to have us translate and post than it is for them to spend time translating the messages into each language and posting it themselves. Add that to the fact that there is always a bug to be fixed or a feature to be worked on and they are very pressed for time as is.

they will get plenty of time when paying customers are gone

DeletedUser37468

As much as I would like to agree with you Baudin and I truly do understand where you are coming from....you are inadvertently giving them excuses not to put in an appearance here

There is absolutely nothing stopping them setting aside 2 hours a week to come to the forums on rotation tween the developers and having a Q&A type session and do it in real time, not a list of questions and they have you send it to them and they cherry pick the easy ones and skirt over the hard ones

Bottom line......if they want to continue picking up a wage cheque each month off the back of this (and their other games) then the very least they should be doing, especially when there is so much unrest within their customer base, is set aside some one to one time and touch base with the people who are essentially paying their wages

A couple hours a week one of the developers can easily hold an open discussion surgery on the forums....that is not difficult to arrange, even with the various nationalities and time zones...and they would quickly find that their customers would start to build trust and respect that would grow and be mutual...that one simple step would build confidence in the product and their ability to listen to their paying public and act in a responsible and acceptable manner......and you, Baudin, along with the rest of the moderation team would have a far less stressful life here too

I know from bitter experience what it is like when you are a forum admin or moderator and people continually complain and essentially hold you responsible for every wrongdoing by virtue of the fact that you are the point of contact for the ivory tower dwellers.....I do know what that is like....sometimes it is soul destroying

The developers must be more visible and be more contactable and not be afraid to face the wrath of their paying customers...cos right now they are making the impression that they are afraid to face their customers cos they know things are going wrong and people are angry

Two hours a week on a developer rotation across the various forums....its not impossible or difficult to do...IF you want to keep your public coming to play and enjoying your product

DeletedUser50833

I will give you a big Hug Baudin :) and all other Mods who are in the firing line.

But on a serious note
Grepo is great because of its mathematical nature - troop balance , various units etc.

It is sad to see the developers/administrators ruining the very best nature of this game in a terrible manner.

If it was gold - you can release a world for gold paying customers
If it was players - you can motivate them by Listening to their concerns

you dont need a research scientist to decide on whats needed and what shouldnt be changed.

Such a pity - the INNO is wrecking havoc on a beautiful product.

maxilex

Phrourach
I honestly don't know what all the fuss is about. I did get the offer in one world I play in.

Let's see..gold advantages, well, I assume it is mostly working adults who have gold to spend - and they typically have less time to play. So, the gold they spend helps to catch them up for the time they cant play.

I will spend gold on this game where I can, in the way I buy movies and music I like so the artists get paid and the way I pay for Foxtel for the TV on demand I want. [Not that I watch much TV since grepo came along].

What does all this extra BP buy you - extra cities...so - who is going to use them?

The vast majority of players seem to stop at certain levels because many more is too hard to maintain anyway. How fast they get to that level of cities might be affected, but that is no biggie.

I typically get to high city levels much faster than other players, not by olympic games, but by a variety of legitimate play, which doesn't see me in the very top for BP in most worlds - near the top, but not top. But I will tend to have more cities than someone with the same BP as me. I do have limited time to play, but I can still achieve that.

I have put my heightened senses in my inventory - and it wouldnt surprise me if they are still there at the end of the world - cos I can never quite predict a good time to use them :)

What I am rambling about is that I just dont see a big advantage to this bonus, and cant find a way to get upset about it. Certainly not compared to the situation where players can buy the myth units they need and waste them, thus diminishing game play to those with most money come out on top.

Bottom line is, for the 'thousands' of players disgruntled by this - I would be very surprised if even one will actually leave over this.

And they do look really pretty in my inventory
_lol.gif

DeletedUser37468

As an alternative to a weekly Q&A live surgery for a couple hours, have one of the developers come onto the forums when this sort of mistake happens to explain what went wrong and maybe offer assurances that mistakes like this will not happen again and to apologise to those affected

An apology costs nothing...a basic courtesy to come onto the forums...all nationalities....and open a thread, apologise for the error and the upset that it causes and sit there and accept the critcism and respond to those who are upset in the thread...obvioulsy under the usual behaviour/language rules....have them show they are human beings and that they understand and they are sorry that things went wrong...come down to the player level

That is not difficult and that simple move by them would have a brilliant effect on how people react towards them and the game in general and in turn they and the players would get much needed mutual respect for each other

DeletedUser37468

I honestly don't know what all the fuss is about. I did get the offer in one world I play in.

Let's see..gold advantages, well, I assume it is mostly working adults who have gold to spend - and they typically have less time to play. So, the gold they spend helps to catch them up for the time they cant play.

I will spend gold on this game where I can, in the way I buy movies and music I like so the artists get paid and the way I pay for Foxtel for the TV on demand I want. [Not that I watch much TV since grepo came along].

What does all this extra BP buy you - extra cities...so - who is going to use them?

The vast majority of players seem to stop at certain levels because many more is too hard to maintain anyway. How fast they get to that level of cities might be affected, but that is no biggie.

I typically get to high city levels much faster than other players, not by olympic games, but by a variety of legitimate play, which doesn't see me in the very top for BP in most worlds - near the top, but not top. But I will tend to have more cities than someone with the same BP as me. I do have limited time to play, but I can still achieve that.

I have put my heightened senses in my inventory - and it wouldnt surprise me if they are still there at the end of the world - cos I can never quite predict a good time to use them :)

What I am rambling about is that I just dont see a big advantage to this bonus, and cant find a way to get upset about it. Certainly not compared to the situation where players can buy the myth units they need and waste them, thus diminishing game play to those with most money come out on top.

Bottom line is, for the 'thousands' of players disgruntled by this - I would be very surprised if even one will actually leave over this.

_lol.gif

To believe that people are just making a fuss is actually a little disrespectful to those who were affected by this latest mistake and the previous one regarding the swapping from non myth units to myth units in the last event......people are paying hard earned money to play the premium aspect of the game and they quite rightly expect a premium experience in return...even the free players deserve that much

So by implying people are making a fuss over nothing really is not helping the situation...if anything you are likely to add further resentment and that is exactly what the game and Inno do not need

A little bit of understanding, courtesy and for the developer team to reconnect with their customer base will do way more to help players and the forum staff feel like they are being valued as players and customers and not being used as cash cows by Inno that can be hoodwinked left, right and center and any backlash ignored or dumbed down

People are not making a fuss, they are simply tired of being disrespected by a group of people who seem to be putting their own monetary gain over the the enjoyment of those who pay their wages

DeletedUser48839

I have already decided that this is my last World (at least for a while) - but with this stupid Inno-stunt the question becomes whether I am finishing the World at all.

DeletedUser30490

Chill with all the mod hate guys:p It's not like they instructed inno to create such a offer.
You guys need to understand that moderators(except for CMs) don't have any direct contact with the developers and afaik even our CMs send there feedback and such to the lead CM and he/she then takes all the feedback to the devs(I'm not 100% sure about this though but I think that's how it works). Surely by now the LCM has received all the feedback from all the servers this happened in. I'm not sure if the devs will respond to all the negative feedback,it's possible they might....
And like BT said earlier it's impossible for a developer to be on the forum every week because like BT said there's over 20 servers and some 15+ languages,I doubt any of the devs can speak that many languages. Also they can't just do it on one server because then the other servers will rant about how the devs don't pay attention to them.
If we're lucky they might do a quick video reply to the feedback like the TW2 devs did recently or they might even address the issues on the weekly devblog article.>>Devblog<<. I'm not taking sides or anything just stating facts:p

DeletedUser30956

I don't normally talk on the forums unless it is a really important issue. I never even knew about this bonus because I never got one! I just found out about this 15 minutes ago. This is bull, Inno. Balance your game before I leave for good... Again. Besides, I decided a few months back that I would not be playing another world, but I may leave sooner?

DeletedUser

_lol.gif

Maybe you should eat your own words, plenty have left already.

Chill with all the mod hate guys:p It's not like they instructed inno to create such a offer.
You guys need to understand that moderators(except for CMs) don't have any direct contact with the developers and afaik even our CMs send there feedback and such to the lead CM and he/she then takes all the feedback to the devs(I'm not 100% sure about this though but I think that's how it works)

I do agree with you, people like Baudin had nothing to do with it, but then again look at post number 151 and you tell me if it deserves any hate or not. To belittle your own customer is a very stupid thing to do in any line of business.

DeletedUser39095

_lol.gif
if you cant see what this is about ,then your not playing this game as a war game .This game are based on BP,every leaderboard are based on BP and personal hall of fame awards are based on BP.with giving this huge BP boost only to some players ,inno are destroying all chances for players not in lucky group to win any of these awards ,there will not be one top BP winner in any world open ATM who didnt recive this bonus ,theyr advantage are to big .