Pnp What makes an old school legend?

DeletedUser38939

Grepolis has changed far too much, and players like me still try to enjoy playing, even at a huge disadvantage. It no longer takes skill to win Worlds, as alliances built on gold can crush anyone thanks to these silly events. I'm not trying to say all gold players lack skill, as many prove to be great players (Kurbads, I'm looking at you), but only a small percentage at that.
If anyone actually wants to challenge me to a game that requires skill alone, I will be on Osu ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

DeletedUser23146

Ben, you whining little baby. Just buy some gold! I'm sure Inno won't mind. ;)

DeletedUser50245

you only need 3k gold (from gold trading in other servers, a low amount if you ask me) at the start of the server. with proper management of resources, time, and forces, you can rise to the top, never to the top 10 i'm afraid
smiley_emoticons_lol.gif

DeletedUser16512

you only need 3k gold (from gold trading in other servers, a low amount if you ask me) at the start of the server. with proper management of resources, time, and forces, you can rise to the top, never to the top 10 i'm afraid
smiley_emoticons_lol.gif

i don't think that, we can all reach the top 10 if we are active enough and keep attacking/defending where needed to get CP. so it is a battle to the end

DeletedUser38939

i don't think that, we can all reach the top 10 if we are active enough and keep attacking/defending where needed to get CP. so it is a battle to the end

I am 20th for fighters. I do my best to keep up with CPs, but it still isn't nearly enough to follow gold users I'm afraid.

DeletedUser16512

I am 20th for fighters. I do my best to keep up with CPs, but it still isn't nearly enough to follow gold users I'm afraid.

that could mean a few things then
1) you have city slots but not used them yet
2) you are not doing enough city festivals to keep up with the big boys
3) you dont have Orpheus yet

these things all add up :)

DeletedUser38939

1) I have the slots but don't have the gold to mass produce armies in seconds
2) I don't have the gold to buy resources to mass produce armies and do city festivals
3) My Orpheus is wonderful, thank you very much

DeletedUser16512

you dont need gold to get resources that's where very active players get to the top fast, farm 5 min demand/loot for 18 hours per day

DeletedUser20289

I played on Mu many years ago. While I don't consider myself a legend, is it worth coming out of retirement to join this world?

DeletedUser20289

I was in Cerberus. I was just browsing the old Mu forums and I realized that you were there with me. What alliance were you in?

DeletedUser28198

I was in Cerberus. I was just browsing the old Mu forums and I realized that you were there with me. What alliance were you in?
I was in Death Before Dishonor. We joined the world rather late. But we ended up 2nd place for WW's etc.

We were enemies then lol
Still I have more respect for old Cerberus players than I do for half the alliances I see today.

DeletedUser20289

I was in Death Before Dishonor. We joined the world rather late. But we ended up 2nd place for WW's etc.

We were enemies then lol
Still I have more respect for old Cerberus players than I do for half the alliances I see today.

Haha it appears that there is little respect for the alliances today

DeletedUser28198

Haha it appears that there is little respect for the alliances today

This world is a bit like Mu in its settings. But most of the alliances are MRAs and all the top players spend my life savings in gold each day. Still its fun to fight them ;)

DeletedUser23146

How could they kill my real-world $5 worth of Harpies?!