Recent content by diomedes666

1. Ideas for a no-gold world and how to make it happen.

The global server or best of the best would easily cover the cost of running a gold free server - if that's what you are asking by who is going to pay. One will make nothing the other a fortune, am sure it will work in balance...
  2. Ideas for a no-gold world and how to make it happen.

There is a lot of debate here, which is good news as the externals are pretty lifeless. The 'gold free' server still (as far as I am aware) remains untested. Why not try it? There is a constant theme to all servers. 1) The players who spend the most time and money on the game want to win...
  3. One gold free world

This a great idea, the only idea if you want to actually keep the game alive. Either a monthly cap on gold, subscription or better just zero. It would make the game about strategy. It would make it possible for new players to join and learn. Most of the 'whales' will be more interested in...
  4. Newspaper Zaforos Newspaper #1+Interview with RRH

Thanks - the one line summary is making way more sense than the elaborate rant!
  5. Newspaper Zaforos Newspaper #1+Interview with RRH

What was that about? I think most of my alliance were just erm.... Maybe been some homage to Homer in rant rather than prose... Can someone explain?
  6. Make a competitive international world that is compelling.

Have to echo what has been said, if you have any kind of life, this style of server would be out. I like it as an option for those who want it, but how long b4 it follows the same pattern of diminishing player base as all of the other servers. It's masking symptoms rather than curing the...
  7. My Zaforas top 9

It's a real shame to see this game taking it's last breaths of life.... Top 9, maybe just 9 posts in the forum per server. Has gone the same way as the US servers did 4 years ago... RIP GREPO! Will anyone take on the top alliance or will it all be over after a few weeks?
  8. Top 5 & World Prediction

Let me know and I will grab a corkscrew, a glass, and enjoy the view!
  9. Question from a dutch player :)

The separate servers for different countries exist now due to the former popularity of the game. I gave up playing on EN servers for about 3 years as they were just way to busy, by which i mean full to capacity in a couple of weeks. I joined the US servers as they were quieter. The US servers...
  10. Question from a dutch player :)

The game is dead, a dwindling pool of players holding it alive for now. Soon the pool will no longer be competitive, just like NL servers (and the us servers) etc etc. Not sure if the 'Total Wipeout' nature of the game works with the time investment you need to play. I cannot imagine as the...