Recent content by maxilex

1. Incantation Circle 2021 Feedback Thread

I like this event, but really don't like this move to every player having different combinations. At one time we could spread the cost of getting recipes across the alliance, and it made it more of a team event. Now it is just solitary and of course, potentially more expensive. I would much...
  2. Increasing playerbase

To my mind, the interface looks as old as the game is. I am sure that is what puts new faces off playing. Whilst some of the challenge of the game is in dealing with the ancient interface, if it has problems which have to be addressed using add ins, which then slow the browser down to the point...
  3. Pandora's Box feedback thread.

I typically like the halloween one ;) But I wont have any money left! :oops: I'm not sure what your workings out are there, the problem isn't how often boxes open - it is troop costs. On box 27, you need 471 troops. We have all worked out the ratios now, so we always get maximum chance to...
  4. Its Time To Consolidate Servers

I have never really understood the rationale for different servers, we have all nationalities on any given server. Americans bug Europeans in the nights, and vice versa as it is. So, what advantage does different servers give?
  5. Update to Version 2.248 Discussion Thread

If the existing description isnt right, is it possible to find out what it does positively affect - or is that a secret? ;)
  6. Pandora's Box feedback thread.

That is a nice summary of my whine - I agree, my feedback wasn't very constructive, I was a bit frustrated in the moment! I do spend money in the game, because I am happy for the game providers to get revenue from it, I just prefer to try and keep it in proportion. I am not bothered about the...
  7. Pandora's Box feedback thread.

I dont understand the comment about this being good for non gold spenders, this is singularly the most expensive event put out. With 5 days left to run, I'm on box 24, so no hope of ever reaching the only reward worth having, box 39.. Yesterday I was still trying to reach the 40 box goal...
  8. Update to version 2.242 discussion thread

yay! back in!
  9. Update to version 2.242 discussion thread

um... it seems to have broken everything..any ETA for a return?
  10. Grepolis = NOT COMPETITIVE

You see, this is NOT Grepolis.. you might need to go and find another game. The intent of this game is that the enemy has chances to get your city, and you have chances to defend it. Without that balance, there is no game. You have options to protect your cities: get an alarm which will tell...
  11. Grepolis = NOT COMPETITIVE

The game hook here is community, not flashy gameplay. We are all way more immersed in our alliance relations, than the graphics or gameplay. We rely on others and are relied on, and that keeps bringing us back, at whatever time of day or night our team needs us. That will keep this running a lot...
  12. Documenting Sidon :: The First Olympus World

I liked the speed of that world, definitely - you sign up for a 3-4 month commitment, then can either take a break or sign up for the next. Super. I will want to do another - the banner is a bit.. unfinished :)
  13. Update to Version 2.220 Discussion Thread

Superb, I'm not sure it is the right move, given that joining worlds with morale is a choice, and players could simply have played no morale worlds [I assume that is still an option]..but I love it...
  14. Update to Version 2.219 Discussion Thread

Love the god on spy reports! The delete multiple posts option, is also good, it works nicely once you disable the option for it in Flask tools! The temple changes seem appropriate to me, Temple are like regular cities, but NOT regular cities, so the ability to spell incoming attacks seems ok...
  15. Update to Version 2.218 Discussion Thread

Love the farming change, long overdue - thanks! I heard a rumour that the ability to cast spells on incoming attacks to the temple during a siege was a bug, not intentional. Any sign of that one being fixed?