Recent content by OldDragon

1. Player Council 2nd Term: Weekly Updates

@Kal Gordon I have enjoyed your long dissertations on the grim state of affairs that you find. You write very well and your logic is quite good I am sorry for the treatment you received and that the Council ended with a whimper, but it has been clear for some time that Inno is slowly turning...
  2. Pay to win policy

@zchesney is observing that Grepolis is a money game now. It was not always like this. At the very beginning of Grepolis, money was a minor benefit and skill was much more important. But like most free-to-play games, this changed. The following article explains the difference between a...
  3. Spam Attacking - Let us begin the conversation here

I thought that a different viewpoint might be refreshing. The following was posted by a Player's Council member, gorsh.daddy, on the US server on Monday: Spamming is unfortunately the bane of this game’s existence right now. You are not wrong about that. Obviously, there are many ways to end...
  4. Spam Attacking - Let us begin the conversation here

Drubzie - your posts are high quality, well written and well thought. Like all war games, Grepolis is an abstraction of warfare. The true horror of war is absent. No blood, no death... just virtual conquest. When Grepolis was still a game of skill, players could personally experience...
  5. Spam Attacking - Let us begin the conversation here

As I commented earlier... spam (defined here as numerous fake attacks over a day or more to counter the effectiveness of the attack alarm) is a legal tactic that has a valid tactical purpose. I gave a few examples of other spam-like tactics with valid purposes. Other posters gave much better...
  6. Get Domination Right

Your statement about fighting a Korean alliance in an English speaking server overlooks several problems and is inconsistent with our experience in the same circumstance. First of all, the claim that Google Translate can be used to translate Korean to English and back, while technically true...
  7. People get multiple cities too easily

Dizzy... A city cap of 30 and an alliance cap of 75 would only give the alliance a maximum 2250 cities and that's if every single member was active and maxed out. I believe it would be impossible to win a Domination endgame with so few cities. Even if you were playing the old WW endgame, it...
  8. Spam Attacking - Let us begin the conversation here

I got some heartburn reading all these complaints about "spam attacks" I know the practice is annoying but that is EXACTLY why you do it. It's called "harassing the enemy" which is a widely accepted tactic in warfare. When the Alarm App was implemented it became impossible to sneak attack a...
  9. Hello hello

Like supafletch (as posted elsewhere), I am looking for feedback from experienced players on the Domination endgame and the state of Grepolis in late 2018.
  10. This game is not fun for new players

Is the new game even fun for old players? I realize this is not exactly the topic of thread, but it is a close corollary... so please bear with me. The new Domination endgame caught my attention a few days ago. I posted a few scattered comments and made several inquires among the old vet...
  11. Grepointel

Erratic and/or missing third-party tools is a common symptom of an aging game with a shrinking player base.
  12. Domination Endgame Concept Feedback

A very astute observation. Either way, your alliance will need a huge number of slots. Point players know how to make slots. This will force BP generation thru cannibalization of friendly units - it's an efficient slot process. The rim is an empty place. You cannot take cities that don't exist...
  13. Get Domination Right

My squad and I stopped playing after we got our crowns and topped the Hall of Fame about three years ago. We had played both the EN and US servers over a four year run and we played HARD when we played. Having finally suffered through the WW endgame to a win... we were done. We had watched...
  14. you should be glad Grepolis is declining

Grepolis was a great game... once upon a time. It always took too much time, but there were gamers willing to play through to the Crown. Back then, the cost to play competitively was reasonable. But things changed. The winning solution (climax strategy) of large premade alliances was just too...
  15. Returning

baulbag... if you pardon my asking, why did you first start playing Grepolis? why did you quit playing? why do you want to start again after 3 years? Grepolis has changed significantly... its not the same game experience.