Best defence combination?

DeletedUser49022

Sup Brahs/Brahdettes,

I'm well aware that there is no such thing as the perfect defence but I'm putting in place my defence program to safeguard my cities.
But my question is for one city in particular.
Ok so I have got;
65 cerberus - blunt - 53,825 / sharp - 19,500 / distance - 102,375
1400 archers - blunt - 9,800 / sharp - 35,000 / distance - 18,200
Total - blunt - 63,625 / sharp - 54,500 / distance - 120,575
Additionally with 25 wall (141.9%), tower (10%), phalanx (10%), divine selection (10% mythical units only), Urephon (10% mythical units only)
Total; Blunt - 9,681,765 / Sharp - 8,287,900 / distance - 18,347,875

How would you go about attacking this base to conquer? Sharp nukes? Would they be enough to pierce through? An enemy could plow two or three manticore nukes into these walls and still survive intact (66 manticore - 66,660 sharp attack). And the sheer cost of these nukes would be staggering for the enemy to replace.

Is this the best defence in terms of common attacking units i.e. Slingers (1,800 slingers ranged attack 41,400)

Rachel.L

Phrourach
1. while cheap, cerbs aren't the best mythic defense but we'll go with your choice
2. your ratio of arch to cerbs is way off; you should have 600-1000 more in there for that many pups
3. with a wall of 25 (a waste unless this is a ww city) and a tower, even with boosts fliers will have less impact
4. you have overbalanced against ranged (anti-slings) and since sharp lu are no good against a wall, in your current state, you have drawn the enemy a clear map for attack

DeletedUser49022

They are not cheap haha well maybe compared to other mythical units but certainly one of the best defensive units in the game. Would I benefit from sacrificing 5-10 pups and replacing that pop with archers to make it more balanced?

And what unit/ratio would you use for the best defence in the game?

Rachel.L

Phrourach
re: cheap, i'm talking favor-wise compared to others, yes
and i always thought they were great defense until a VERY smart man did a breakdown of all the defense and proved a lot of us wrong (shout out to rybec)
still, b/c of ease to build, everyone uses them

1 pup gets a MINIMUM of 35 arches, 40 is better

DeletedUser49022

Yea it is im just a poor little player haha :)

Do you have a link to rybecs breakdown would be interested in seeing it :)

I shall send a few pups to the pound then and rebalance the ratio :)

What do you think is the best defense in the game?

Rachel.L

Phrourach
sorry you'll have to ask rybec directly for his analysis
he did it for his team and spent a ton of time on it... not mine to give
already giving you my trade secrets :rolleyes:

in terms of best, it depends on your goal... your city protection, mobility, speed for alliance protection, ww protection, LT/ST?
are you protecting against all possible enemies or ones you know are coming (and you know their MO)?
for a low favor cost and smallish temple, yeah cerbs aren't bad close to home
otoh, with the wall that high, you could do a balance of lu and keep most ppl away (1sword, 1 arch, 2 hops), saving your favor for something else... cheap, ease, fast to replace, buffs to throw on to help
each city's defense depends on given circumstances (as you know) so it's hard to be helpful