Thoughts On The New Farming System?

Bungdit Din

Phrourach
My position is this, not all players are offensive in nature - how do defensive minded players expand when bp's at start of any world are pretty scarce from seiges.

The need for 100 bp for each extra farm on any new island is unfair and plays into the hands of the heavy gold users and the more aggressive.

We all know that any successful alliance needs a fine balance between defensive and offensive players

Please reconsider this update and revert to the original method

DeletedUser51219

It's better if players are both offensive and defensive so it wouldn't matter plus you'd need both for conquest especially but on the other hand on revolt worlds where it's harder to get bps I'd go back to the original method there.

DeletedUser43023

The bandit camp can stay, bp farming villages no.
I think you must be a child.

The bandit camp gives you more than enough bp to cover building up your farms. they come as a pair. you either get all that easy bp and use some of it for your farms or you get to go home and cry.

DeletedUser47953

Yeah, I don't see the problem... So many bonuses from the bandits and if you do any fighting you get to upgrade your villages... Means you have to fight, not just colonize... BP are easy to get even on defense, just stack a front line city during a war, you will have 30k BP in no time...

DeletedUser54756

I think the idea was to increase combat and with the buffs you can get it probably works out to be a decent return on investment. I do love receiving a 50% construction boost for 30 minutes too :p
It encourages players to fight which makes them stronger and reduces the swamp of 2k point cities with little to no army, making it harder for alliances to sweep up vast amounts of territory at once - or at least that's what I hope it will do o_O

DeletedUser28379

OK having now played this new system for a while (been playing grep since Dec 2011) and on both a revolt world and conquest (my preference by far) I have come to what I hope is a reasoned conclusion - that the new system isn't as good as the old.

The bandit camp at the start is good and helps you build your first city and to a lesser extent your second city with villages etc. but once completed the pace slows dramatically unless you are a gold user (probably why Inno introduced this change). I am not a big gold user therefore BP is vital to my growth and using it to build/upgrade villages stunts that growth.

What I would like to see is a mix of both whereby you have the option to use bp to build/upgrade a village but also have the option to take it and build the old fashioned way with the BP option being faster than using troops thereby giving players a reason to use it if they wish.

However I suspect that Inno, as with most things recently, are using this as a money making exercise so I don't expect them to listen to player concerns about it.

DeletedUser47953

big-machine-gun.gif

There be your new farms...

Edit: Y'all are woosies... The new farms rock, more ammo for my guns...

Pirate Edit: and there you go....

t3813.gif

Edit 3: and this is what you get when you allow a speed 2 world with speed 1 troops... and the new farming system... Pirates, We Be Pirates!!!

Edit 4: and y'all be walkin' the plank matey... it's comin' and it's comin' soon... I'll feed y'all and your all y'all to the sharks... y'all gonna die... I'm so srs... ;)

Edit 5: and belly button lint is all the core alliances are to us... we will just pick you out and flick you....

Happy Hunting! ;)

Edit 6: Did I kill the thread? c'mon, where's the angry indignation from the core alliances? where is the anger of the defenders of the old farming system who prefer to sim to a crown... I thought I would liven up the discussion by coming close to a PnP lols... Speak or I'll keelhaul all y'all!

Last edited by a moderator:

Coxwana

Phrourach
big-machine-gun.gif

There be your new farms...

Edit: Y'all are woosies... The new farms rock, more ammo for my guns...

Pirate Edit: and there you go....

t3813.gif

Edit 3: and this is what you get when you allow a speed 2 world with speed 1 troops... and the new farming system... Pirates, We Be Pirates!!!

Edit 4: and y'all be walkin' the plank matey... it's comin' and it's comin' soon... I'll feed y'all and your all y'all to the sharks... y'all gonna die... I'm so srs... ;)

Edit 5: and belly button lint is all the core alliances are to us... we will just pick you out and flick you....

Happy Hunting! ;)

Edit 6: Did I kill the thread? c'mon, where's the angry indignation from the core alliances? where is the anger of the defenders of the old farming system who prefer to sim to a crown... I thought I would liven up the discussion by coming close to a PnP lols... Speak or I'll keelhaul all y'all!

Are you playing Olous Zen?

DeletedUser47953

Are you playing Olous Zen?

Yeah, been here three months or so. Built a crazy little alliance that seems to be doing alright.
How have you been bro? It's been a while since Rhammus.
I've been lurking in the forum, mostly watching the discussions about the core wars.
You seem to be doing well here.

Coxwana

Phrourach
Yeah, been here three months or so. Built a crazy little alliance that seems to be doing alright.
How have you been bro? It's been a while since Rhammus.
I've been lurking in the forum, mostly watching the discussions about the core wars.
You seem to be doing well here.

We are doing what we do best. Hope we can keep it up. Good to see you still in the fight. Rhammus was a while ago but good to see it done with.

DeletedUser47953

We are doing what we do best. Hope we can keep it up. Good to see you still in the fight. Rhammus was a while ago but good to see it done with.

You know man. I was laying low as just forum mod, even though I ran the entire LTS and Tripwires thing and also was joint commander in the north with you... When those other guys merged and got leader rights and didn't realize I was a major officer for the whole previous year, I got pissed and rightly so... Heck, that's ancient history...

This server seems kinda fun... I like the resources and the slow troops speed. Makes activity the key... Our group is active, very active...

I left for a bit, had a fiancee, that didn't work out, but I enjoyed a few months off grepo.

Now I'm just plugging away at running something again...

Edit: It's cool though, I have a really active group, we just took like 17 cities in a week and have never lost a single one... On the personal end, I quit my job a year ago and ran off to the mountains of Yellowstone and then went to Devil's Tower and Rushmore, then down to Mammoth Cave and the Great Smokies... I drove the Blue Ridge Parkway and then ended up in TN for a few months and visited almost every state park, and they have a lot of them there... I ran with bears and almost got eaten by one... Now, I'm just a Pirate... We Be Pirates.... deadliest small alliance on the rim....

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser48437

I do not like losing my points. I like the old farming.