Wish List Random Spawn Only World

DeletedUser41523

Proposal:
Create a world where you can only start in a random direction. Do this by removing the direction options and disabling island linking.

Reason:

Going into a world you already know which groups are most likely to dominate. Because its usually the same setting specific sets of players and teams. Which can get a little old, I can point out the same 5-6 teams that will be on a highly competitive conquest world.

It would be nice to make a world devoted to total chaos and randomization. You don't know who will land where. Its impossible to organize any kind of coordinated start and at best you can only make pre-world arrangements based on if you land together. I believe this will prove to be a great challenge to experienced players and leaders as they're forced to win with what they have around them.

Details:
The premise is fairly simple, when you're not on a world you're taken to the newest world without any choice of direction. You're just randomly logged into an ocean. That feature would be employed here.

Similar to old school or an island that's too far from you, disable the links to all islands. This prevents any kind of organized landing by a team.

Visual Aids:
Linkless Island:
jRIs51S.png

Balance:
On this specific world, premade forming will be incredibly difficult and limited to an "if I land near you" basis.

Abuse Prevention:
No real way to exploit this known.

Summary:
In short creating a completely random spawn world for added challenge and less reliance on premade teams.

DeletedUser54192

I accept that premades are now a part of the game, for better or for worse. It can be good to get together a group of friends to go and play together on another world when it opens. But it feels like it gets ridiculous at times. I like the idea of random-spawn for at least some worlds, because it means you can drop in and find a new team to play with, without having to worry if most of the good alliances early on are already full because they dropped in with a premade roster. I'd personally love to just drop into a world and know that everyone basically has to work from the same place, bar any lucky drops.

DeletedUser54886

Why not add a little more randomness to it... and have it that they drop in not just at the centre, or the edges of the current occupation, but can be anywhere in any ocean that already has a player (4 centre oceans to start with) ... that would mean you might get a new player dropping into the very core or the edges randomly...

DeletedUser55100

This proposal was made along time ago it seems from date of first post - personally Think this would be a great idea, has there been any consideration to just trying this with one world to see how it goes down?

Random landing location for every player, just for one world even, as plenty of worlds per year to play for those that don't like the idea.

DeletedUser55100

bad idea, will force players to restart 10-20 times for each world

The suggestion is for ONE world ONLY, trial it, plenty of other worlds for those who cannot bear the thought of playing without their mates on the same island/in the same ocean just for once.

Might actually breath some new life into the game and attract some new interest, nothing to lose - trial a new world and if it proves popular and attracts large numbers then great, if its not then no need to repeat the exercise.

Surely worth a try for just one world only ? would like to hear innos thoughts on the subject.

Rachel.L

Phrourach
agree
if you don't want to join, don't
but it could be interesting

how hard is it to turn off "choose your direction"?
(seriously, inno devs, how hard is it????)
one suggestion from multiple long time players has been to have diff versions of worlds going at the same time (ww's, no ww's, new end game, round world, etc.)
the classic server was very popular, so much so it overwhelmed the system
so why not try it for one round this to see what happens?