Update to Version 2.157 Discussion Thread

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
On Wednesday the game will be updated to version 2.157. Feel free to post any feedback or questions you have in this thread.

Changelog 2.157

Dear Community,

On Wednesday, February 21st, Grepolis will be updated to version 2.157. As always there will be a short downtime while the update is applied.

Summary

• The postponed change for the crowns on player profiles is getting implemented with this version. Brace yourselves for gold, platinum, diamond and divine crowns!
  • For mobile only players, we worked on a quality of life improvement, which is going to be released with the next mobile update: live conquest information for the siege on your city!
  • In preparation for the planned new endgame, some tracking and tools were implemented to provide for additional analyses in regards to the status of worlds (especially in regards to city counts and posession).
New Features and Changes

• There are now several crowns to accomplish for reaching 7 wonders in more than just one world.
    • You became "Master of [World]" on several worlds but you always just had this one crown in your profile and the awards to prove it. Well, we have good news for you: There are now 4 different crown types (gold, platinum, diamond, divine) to achieve that can be used to show just how much a master of worlds you really are!
    • The handling of crowns on players' profiles was adjusted. There is now a new image for each of the following stages: Finished all 7 world wonders in 1 / 3 / 5 / 7 different worlds.
      rank_2.png
      rank_3_blue.png
      rank_4.png
      rank_5.png
  • Code handling of reward collection buttons has been adjusted in order to give the same functionality and appearance in all areas.
  • A new hero was added to the game - Eurybia.
    • Eurybia is a new exclusive hero that becomes available with the next event.
    • Effect: While Eurybia is assigned to a city, she will reduce the costs and construction time of Triremes by 10% (+1% per level).
    • Cost: 105 Coins of Wisdom (after losing exclusive status)
Bugfixes

• Thessalonike the Mermaid - Incorrect language shown because strings were not parsed correctly.
  • Quest Log/Island Quests - The counter for the remaining time until a new island quest appears did not update properly under certain conditions.
  • Menus - After reworking the reward buttons, some of them did not appear properly on Firefox.
  • Command overview - Arrow indicators for sent and incoming movements were interchanged for movements you sent yourself.
  • Command overview - Attacks did not trigger sound or the sword item to appear if the currently viewed city was not the city getting attacked.

gpcl-line.png

We hope you enjoy the update and would love to hear any feedback you have here.

Best regards,
Your Grepolis Team

footer.png

DeletedUser48212

Am I blind and cannot see the new hero or do I have it already?

DeletedUser22115

Am I blind and cannot see the new hero or do I have it already?

From my understanding, the hero isn't available until the next event. So im guessing its the event following the current event

DeletedUser48212

Ah yes I cannot read apparently. Next Event it says, thank you.

DeletedUser35722

there as an update today , in the past 5 mins. ( so thursday not wednesday)
As i can't find anything about it what was it about ?
thanks.

DeletedUser17591

I am wondering if there will be any distinction shown for Crowns the player earned where they did not help build all 7 wonders in a world. This would happen when the player joined after some of the Wonders were already built up to level 10. It should show up in the player's awards for that world, and they would not have "Master of [world]" award.

DeletedUser54192

@mrnelson - there is already a difference in the awards. Yes, they still get the same crown. However they won't get the "Builder of the ..." awards for any wonders that were built before they joined the alliance. So a player who did help build all 7 wonders will be able to put those 7 "Builder of the ..." awards on their profile or in their visible awards panel.

I'm not sure your suggestion of not getting a crown is a fair one. Yes, I'd prefer it if WWs were built by individual alliances, with no way for other teams to help. But that's not the case, and basically never could be. (If you prevented trading resources to other alliances, the WW-branch could just farm the resources from their other branches' cities.) But that's not the point. If someone in an academy branch is sending resources to the WW-branch, or letting WW-branch members farm favour from their cities, then they are helping build those WWs, and under the current system they deserve a crown.

I don't exactly like the current system. But to retrospectively punish players who helped indirectly from academy branches is wrong, especially as there are already distinctions (the "Builder of the ..." awards, and also the +50 favour cap for the single alliance that wins the "Victor" award).

DeletedUser17591

@mrnelson - there is already a difference in the awards. Yes, they still get the same crown. However they won't get the "Builder of the ..." awards for any wonders that were built before they joined the alliance. So a player who did help build all 7 wonders will be able to put those 7 "Builder of the ..." awards on their profile or in their visible awards panel.

I'm not sure your suggestion of not getting a crown is a fair one. Yes, I'd prefer it if WWs were built by individual alliances, with no way for other teams to help. But that's not the case, and basically never could be. (If you prevented trading resources to other alliances, the WW-branch could just farm the resources from their other branches' cities.) But that's not the point. If someone in an academy branch is sending resources to the WW-branch, or letting WW-branch members farm favour from their cities, then they are helping build those WWs, and under the current system they deserve a crown.

I don't exactly like the current system. But to retrospectively punish players who helped indirectly from academy branches is wrong, especially as there are already distinctions (the "Builder of the ..." awards, and also the +50 favour cap for the single alliance that wins the "Victor" award).

Sorry, I guess I was being too vague here. (Grepolis does that to you I guess) I didn't mean to suggest that anyone who didn't help with all 7 wonders (and thus wouldn't have the individual WW achievements, should somehow have a crown removed). If truth be told, my own crown is a so called "second chance crown".

I was just wondering if there would be a distinction in the crown's display, like they do with the columns in achievement awards. As it stands I will have a gold crown, which states essentially "helped to build all 7 wonders in one world" The truth is, I was part of the alliance for only the completion of 1 wonder. I was in a wing alliance helping out for the other 6 wonders.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser54192

@mrnelson - I don't think there is likely to be a different type of crown for those who had built all 7 wonders to level 10, and to those who have just built 1 wonder to that level. I think this is the case for a few reasons.

• It would make the crown system a lot more complicated. As it is, we now have 4 different types of crown: 1-2 7/7 wonders, 3-4 7/7 wonders, 5- 7/7 wonders, and 7+ 7/7 wonders. Differentiating between "rotation / second chance" crowns and "first" crowns would make it impossibly difficult. You'd have to develop a whole system of crowns based on different combinations of numbers of the two types of 7/7 wonders. If they hadn't diversified the crowns based on the amount of times you've got a 7/7, then it would be possible. As it is, it's effectively impossible to implement, so far as I can see.
  • As stated above, there are other achievement awards to do with WW-building. Only one alliance can receive the victor's award. And you only get the "Builder of the ..." award if you are in the alliance when the 10th level of the WW is completed. So someone who helped build all 7 can just display all the individual wonder-building awards on his/her profile.
  • It's not an entirely fair method. There are probably players who got rotational crowns who put in more work than those in the actual WW-branch during the main build. And this type of award wouldn't distinguish between anything except presence when level 10 is completed. So a player could join the alliance when all wonders are at 8-9, and get the extra award for completing all 7 wonders, without even being there for the majority of the time.
While it's an interesting concept, I doubt it will ever be put in because it would be too difficult what with the layers of crowns already introduced. Furthermore, we're likely to see a new "crown" for the winners of Domination worlds (personally, I think a helmet could work well). If they make layers for the domination crowns, then we'll already have 8 different types of crown available, which I personally think is enough.

DeletedUser21625

i think that victor of the world has to count for something. everything after that is a second-hand crown. they shouldnt even exist, imo.