Proposal The Creation of a Grepolis General Store

DeletedUser36697

Creation of of a Grepolis General Store

Have not seen this mentioned in archives

Joint Proposal from Dadofwildthang and Rachel.l

The Replacement of the Daily award with A Grepolis Store

Problem: Grepolis runs too many ,revenue producing, events. These events are geared to the Gold Spending Player and any Alliance with more than 10 Players. This Bias provides an UNFAIR Advantage to those persons and groups

-We recognize the requirement for revenue generation and development, these requirement should not come at the expense Smaller Alliances or the Players who Can Not AFFORD to SPEND to maintain competitiveness.

We suggest that the Developers downsize to 4/5 Main events for a Calendar year, the times frames we suggest are: Feb/Mar, Jun, Oct and Dec/Jan(as occurred in days of Old). This would allow for creation of The Grepolis General Store

Proposal: That THE DAILY AWARD be replaced with a Grepolis General Store

Okay here we go with some response.. thanks all who provided input your time is appreciated...

So the main idea was to provide the little to no gold spending players some increased abilities to compete with the Gold spenders on a more equal footing.

Recognizing that none gold enhanced activities have value is a method of achieving this recognition.

There are Daily quests, The Phoenician Merchant as well as the daily Login bonus, we felt that all these activities could be converted into the Grepolis General Store. Completion of each activity would provide you with an increase to your credit at the Store.. Daily Login provide you 3 choices favours, resources or troops/Spells, that you may or may not need that day. The same with the Phoenician merchant and the quests.. So let the players choose what they need at the time or opt for nothing and allow the account to grow..

-None gold spender is someone who does not regularly use Gold on a daily Basis to Shorten Build times of Buildings, Troops, Naval Forces and or any other manner Gold can be spent to enhance their Score or Abilities

CREDIT:
Would be earned by the completion of of the above tasks or events. Credit would also recognize the activity of player and reward that activity with increases to the daily credit.
Activities: The Construction/deconstruction of structures, Bps, use of spells/favours would all generate an increase to the daily credit
**The use of Gold during these Activities would substantially reduce the daily credit, each time Gold is used. Use Gold twice and a Player would get no credit for that activity. Use it once and get a 75%reduction in the eligible credit. (an example)

Pricing in the store: Lots of observations that folks would load up using gold.. I agree with you and feel the store should not sell anything for Gold.. The store should be based on a Credit system only. This would prevent abuses from gold spenders and allow everyone equal footing to the items being sold in the store.
-this was the original intent of the store-

Stock: We had not envisaged this General Store as a Mega Store carrying all versions of everything.
I reminded myself of KISS.
The daily rewards are world specific wrt to quantities and build-times keep them that way. Resources and favours are also world specific so keep them the same, no more no less..we get offered 192 slingers than thats all i can get
-Spells would be available the same as they are now..
so in a nutshell all those items that get offered to you on a daily random basis would be available in the Grepolis General Store for you to purchase as you need them..
-Packages is a tough one..Big Gold producers.. should they or parts of their packages be made available for sale in the general store.. yeah I think so..
Here is a starting point... you dont spend gold your enemies do... su**s to be you at the moment..
So when packages go on sale for gold there should be items contained in the package that would go on sale in the General store for Credit..

**No one can stop folks from spending all they want, too get as many packages as they want or.. as many spells, great re-arming, nierds... just spend **

The store is there to make it a more equal battle for the none gold spenders.

How to measure credit? , its done everyday on each world, with Attacker defender supporter.. your score goes up when you build something it should not be difficult to combine the results and provide a daily credit..

abuses would be difficult with the gold removed from the store, use of gold reduces the credit quickly..
The biggest difficulty I fore see is the the resistance from the Gold spenders as their opponents gain a more equal footing in Battle

Responses appreciated

**My Thanks to Rachel.l for all the time and labour spent helping to put this proposal together**

This is the revised proposals submitted after observations made

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser44867

I like the general idea, especially trying to lower the number of events by giving the developers a different way to make gold that could be more fair - but I'm also a little bit worried that this idea would have the opposite effect as intended.

Would there be a limit of the number of items to purchase/day? Or would the cost of items increase after one item is purchased? I.e. if someone buys X for 300 gold, will that item now be 400 gold that day? Or something similar?

There are a lot of games that have a similar idea to this - especially apps, and I feel like they are usually exploited entirely by money spending players.
I'm afraid this idea which would be to get rid of events would become something more like a constant, 24/7 event.

Unless there is some sort of balance to the gold price that I am missing from your description

Rachel.L

Phrourach
phi, can't speak for @dadofwildthang , but hadn't thought of price going up with each purchase
but the idea was that with the earned credit from activity and day bonus an item would be one price and the gold price equivalent would be much higher

here's an example and the final math won't be correct, having never purchased anything with gold, but it gives you an idea
you want to purchase a spell that is usually only available in events/ warfare packages like "Increased LS attack - LS are 20% more efficient for 3 days"
you could buy it with credits, 6k (20-30 days of daily bonuses) or you could buy it for 3K gold (E16 or L14 or $20)
that makes it a hefty gold purchase
for things that are available through quests, like x#troops, the cost would be less in both cases but a wider margin
again as an example, 10 horses for 4 hours: 500 credits or 1k gold

yes, it is possible that someone could buy 100s of something and exploit the situation
that is one reason there is nothing to do with favor in the store and only your daily favor allotment can by "purchased" should you want it (this won't be something you can store up I don't think)
it may change how the game is played, back to walls and ships or in another way

one of things this might do is streamline the game to make the app easier to use and change

I have some discussion from others who've posed questions outside this thread that I will c/p that may answer some other questions

Rachel.L

Phrourach
comments made by readers elsewhere (my responses, if any are in italics):

"I think it's a little too complicated, really. That's my main point. But I'm still trying to understand all of it."

"I like the idea of reducing the number of events. But I don't like the idea of making Nereids/etc available to gold-users all year around. That sounds like hell. Yes, everyone gets access, but gold users get it a lot more."

the idea is that all this stuff is available to everyone all year round
and some things that only gold-spenders get in warfare packages, everyone would now see
plus the credits would be based on productivity so the more active, the more credit
not sure exactly the math (so making this up) but if I build a cs with gold I get one credit and if you build one the regular way (waiting full time), you get 5 credits or 10
like I said, not sure of the math
also, we're hoping there's an alogarithm to look at cannibalism... no bp points for this but fighting bps get credit
also no myths

"It would be nice for everyone to have access to Great Arming tokens, etc. I like the idea of activity.
True, golders would get fewer free credits. But they can just buy stuff directly from the shop with gold, right? So it just increases their spend slightly. I shudder to think of certain players with a great arming token once a week.
The cannibalism thing is quite hard, I think, unless it works on very specific timings rather than every hour or so.
No myths is reasonable, but at the same time, I am very scared by the idea of some other tokens being available all-year-around. The odd great arming token would be nice for everyone, but if a golder is buying one every week or two, that possibly outweighs the benefits."

so the two pricing, credits and gold, allows everyone access
but the gold price would be steep, higher than it is now in the packages offered
so while gold users could get as many as they want, it would cost a pretty pound
and yes, it increases their spending
part of the point is to bring in revenue for inno through a method other than events
if we do that a different way, then we can cut down on events and just play the game
yes, cannibalism is hard and I don't have the answer but inno should be able to handle this (they have to contribute something)

hope there is something here that might clarify bits and pieces for others

DeletedUser31385

I had an idea a few years ago about having a store, but it was based upon doing things for your alliance and such.

DeletedUser41523

There's too many holes to make it work. I'll start from biggest to smallest that come right off the top of my head. These are things that should be worked on/addressed to make the idea work as intended.

- By your own admission, this is still possible to abuse. Which basically turns it into a non-stop event just without the myth units.

- On top of that, it will be coupled with an event 4/5 times a year. At this point, why not just propose either an never ending event or 4/5 big events a year?

- Even with a price increase idea implemented, the people who usually make events a pain to play through, really won't be priced out. I'm seeing that now with the flyer nerf in events where only people with a fair amount of spending power are now getting consistently reloaded nukes. The effect would be the same with normal troops and ships. Bottom Line: This would really hurt average and newer players. Something that Inno seems to be really struggling to both gain and hang onto lately.

- This seems like an advanced version of war packages. Which were already wildly unpopular. So I could see a few more notable names taking their ball and going home if this got implemented as is it.

This feels more like putting a band aid on a broken bone.

Rachel.L

Phrourach
@The Smilodon Fatalis , the goal of this is the opposite of everything you've just pointed out
and it has measures in place to promote good behavior rather than bad
can it be abused, yes, but so can everything
but is this better than the 24/7 events we have now that are unfair, most certainly

I appreciate all the positive, constructive suggestions you made to help this along

DeletedUser36697

hey folks i appreciate the responses and observations..I am looking at some ideas wrt to quotas of purchases in the store and more to follow..
am reno-ing the kitchen i have had some awesome ideas ( while staining cupboards).. but lose them in the fresh air?????
thanks for the interest and time spent responding..

DeletedUser36697

Okay here we go with some response.. thanks all who provided input your time is appreciated...

So the main idea was to provide the little to no gold spending players some increased abilities to compete with the Gold spenders on a more equal footing.

Recognizing that none gold enhanced activities have value is a method of achieving this recognition.

There are Daily quests, The Phoenician Merchant as well as the daily Login bonus, we felt that all these activities could be converted into the Grepolis General Store. Completion of each activity would provide you with an increase to your credit at the Store.. Daily Login provide you 3 choices favours, resources or troops/Spells, that you may or may not need that day. The same with the Phoenician merchant and the quests.. So let the players choose what they need at the time or opt for nothing and allow the account to grow..

-None gold spender is someone who does not regularly use Gold on a daily Basis to Shorten Build times of Buildings, Troops, Naval Forces and or any other manner Gold can be spent to enhance their Score or Abilities

CREDIT:
Would be earned by the completion of of the above tasks or events. Credit would also recognize the activity of player and reward that activity with increases to the daily credit.
Activities: The Construction/deconstruction of structures, Bps, use of spells/favours would all generate an increase to the daily credit
**The use of Gold during these Activities would substantially reduce the daily credit, each time Gold is used. Use Gold twice and a Player would get no credit for that activity. Use it once and get a 75%reduction in the eligible credit. (an example)

Pricing in the store: Lots of observations that folks would load up using gold.. I agree with you and feel the store should not sell anything for Gold.. The store should be based on a Credit system only. This would prevent abuses from gold spenders and allow everyone equal footing to the items being sold in the store.
-this was the original intent of the store-

Stock: We had not envisaged this General Store as a Mega Store carrying all versions of everything.
I reminded myself of KISS.
The daily rewards are world specific wrt to quantities and build-times keep them that way. Resources and favours are also world specific so keep them the same, no more no less..we get offered 192 slingers than thats all i can get
-Spells would be available the same as they are now..
so in a nutshell all those items that get offered to you on a daily random basis would be available in the Grepolis General Store for you to purchase as you need them..
-Packages is a tough one..Big Gold producers.. should they or parts of their packages be made available for sale in the general store.. yeah I think so..
Here is a starting point... you dont spend gold your enemies do... su**s to be you at the moment..
So when packages go on sale for gold there should be items contained in the package that would go on sale in the General store for Credit..

**No one can stop folks from spending all they want, too get as many packages as they want or.. as many spells, great re-arming, nierds... just spend **

The store is there to make it a more equal battle for the none gold spenders.

How to measure credit? , its done everyday on each world, with Attacker defender supporter.. your score goes up when you build something it should not be difficult to combine the results and provide a daily credit..

abuses would be difficult with the gold removed from the store, use of gold reduces the credit quickly..
The biggest difficulty I fore see is the the resistance from the Gold spenders as their opponents gain a more equal footing in Battle

Responses appreciated

DeletedUser34939

Simplify

For the store why not just make it so that quests provide credits instead of a set reward and then those credits can be redeemed to buy what the player wants from the store? For the daily turn it into a wheel that randomly awards a certain number of credits so gold can't be used to abuse it but smaller players will occasionally get a sweet bonus with an infusion of credits. There are far more players that use very little gold than tons of gold so a random award of credits will be more likely to favor a non gold user but doesn't directly discriminate.

Take gold out of the store or maybe have 1 random item available for purchase with gold daily so that Inno can make some cash, the gold users can have an advantage without it being overpowering.

Then leave events as they are for now. Inno has been working to balance out events but they need to make money too so asking them to stop running more events because you don't want to have to spend money to be competitive is pretty pointless. If you ran a business and there was someone telling you to change a product that you openly admit you won't buy would you listen?

DeletedUser36697

I don't understand a lot of your observations.
the Store is all about providing credit and the methods of providing credit.
-use of gold to speed up the creation of a building or Troops/naval forces should/would not be rewarded as much as, activity that didnt use gold.
-allowing folks to pick and choose the items they need on a daily basis should far and away increase game activity without reducing Gold expenditures
-What is offered everyday for cash, in other worlds, that inno would be losing cash on?
- the number of events inno runs is not affected by this
-This is more of a combing of all the daily events and log-in rewards and providing players with centralized area to pick/chose the items or items they need at that time. Daily events would occur as usual.. you don't like the 1 they give, you pay to change it, however you should then have the ability to chose an item that you can use. Not items that are randomly generated for you

DeletedUser34939

Some kind of permanent shop will probably exist some day in the last few months the game exists but I doubt it will look anything like this.

A very simple system where quests and login rewards provide credits to be used could work. A very simple system.

Any suggestions to make it benefit non gold users more than gold users isn't worth the black pixels the text is made of. It'll never happen.

DeletedUser43922

I have often thought of Grepolis in terms of "Grand Theft Grepolis". The game is predominantly about lawless worlds where stealing more living cities away from active players than any other player is the main objective, is it not?
A more "level playing field"?
A "level playing field" is impossible under the circumstances of Grepolis.
Without an honor system, whatever scheme that is hatched up to make playing Grepolis more of a "level playing field" between those who do not purchase and utilize Gold Premiums and those who do, is doomed to fail because that scheme would be available to everybody. As we already know, there is no honor among thieves.

There is Hyperborea. A map where living cities cannot be stolen away from active players. How hard would it be to make a map where Gold Premium is null and void? This would give those who do not purchase and utilize the Gold Premium and those who do, a "playing field" where skill and attendance, instead of a pocket book, decides who reins supreme.

Forgive me, please. In the 5 plus years I've been playing (GT) Grepolis, this is my first time posting in these Forum(s). For all I know the idea of a world without the use of Gold Premium may have already been submitted.