Disfavour of the gods

DeletedUser55813

As a player who recently joined and finds himself being bullied by certain alliances and its so called sister alliance i would like to make a proposal

If an alliance keeps attacking a player all the time like whats happening to me ie now have no army or fleet due to attacks from multiple accounts some of which i believe are multi account holders then these cities should face an action beyond their control

1.Disappearance of attackers city ie the sinking of Atlantis when an alliance keeps attacking a player daily one member has one of their many cities picked at random and the gods reduce it to beginner status as in all buildings are levelled back to level 1 and all troops killed

2.Other option is alliances cannot make more than a set number of attacks on any given city in a certain time frame

DeletedUser54192

I understand that it can be frustrating to be targeted by larger players/alliances, however I don't believe that this is the answer.

1. I'm sorry, but no. Cities take forever to build up, or if they don't take very long then that person has used gold to build it up. Either way, it's an investment of time and/or money. They shouldn't have that investment arbitrarily wiped out, just for playing the game. From what you are describing, it's not even spam, it's an alliance OP.
  2. This would ruin the idea of OPs, in both conquest and revolt. And in the later game, when individual players have lots of cities, it could ruin even solo attempts to take cities.
OPs are part of the game. Working with your teammates to run a successful OP is a great feeling. Yes, it can be harsh to be on the other end of an OP, as I have experienced first hand. But that doesn't mean it's wrong. If you're in an alliance, try running some OPs of your own. If you're not in an alliance, find one, and try and get involved in some OPs. Try not to judge something and demand it's removal before you experience it from both sides. That would be my advice for most cases where someone dislikes a tactic or mechanic in this game. (Unless it's cheating or spamming, where getting involved is only going to get you in trouble and/or make the situation worse.)

DeletedUser31931

Kal said exactly my thoughts, in a much more eloquent fashion lol. I apologize for coming off as a bit derisive, but yeh...what he said ^ :p

DeletedUser55901

This guy is ... I dont have words! He wants to make attackers cities to disappear? WOW! Thats the essence of grepolis, mate, some players jumping all iver other players. When I'm dismantling a dam turtle, do you think i can make it with one attack?
Maybe your next great idea will be a spell, which will protect all your cities for one year. What do you think, will be this enough or you want it for 2 years?
PS. And he calls himself, Scipio? Better try Skipp_Yo!

DeletedUser55069

Sorry @Scipio Italicus, but this idea won't work because some vets would lose all their cities :p
It sounds to me that you are getting farmed, sadly it happens all the time especially with beginners.

I have done a little experiement and played by following the tutorial during the last few weeks. I tried to blindly accomplish the quests and all I reached until beginner protection end was a nice farmable city, just like newbs who rely on the ingame advices. The quests don't encourage enough to build farm and troops but reward leveling up the resources production buildings over anything else. The battle quests (win an attack on an enemy city, accelerated recruitment after barrack built) have awful early timing, total useless.

Morale only helps if players have units built. So I feel for your problem, but would suggest different approach, for example optional extended beginner protection: let real beginners have longer time to prepare for war (first worlds only, should require daily activity) + better tutorial (probably it should be a topic of a discussion) + interactive learning course for newbs instead of events (don't risk own units to learn basics of war, be able to test unit types, battle system).

Don't forget we've all been newbs... Frankly I'm not sure the current game would keep me here longer than few weeks, not only requires fast learning, but it's too much dedication and overcomplicated with all the events and extra buffs, hard to focus on what's important: get gold, play event... when do newbs learn the game? My impression is there could be more efforts to keep new players motivated, not only pointing my fingers at Inno, but from us.

DeletedUser55901

And here we go again. I must disagree with you, again. My first world, eta. Very active. I thought that if I attack Kurb with 300 birs it will not be really bad. Well, imagine how bad it was. After, never sent idiotic attacks. So, the ones who wanna learn will do it after the first idiotic attack they will make. The ones who dont, well, as i said before, food is expensive these days. So, the beginners dont really need 700 days bp, 7k tutorials or whatever else. They only need a little common sense. If not, hearts and solitaire are for free.
Today, Kurb is one of my best friends, (i like to think coz hes a little bit nut , like myself, and you never can be sure with guys ike us).
PS. As I said b4, despite being a noob, i managed to be top 3500 attacker and top 5000 fighter in every world ive played.