Proposal Making Bans More Noticable To Everybody

DeletedUser41523

Not gonna bother with complete format since its a very simple idea. Cheating has been a huge problem in the community for at least the past five years. While I have no solutions on squashing it for good, I do notice a trend where alliances try to hide the fact that they're harboring cheaters and often will deny that someone has even been banned. This works as it usually takes a day or two for most alliances to realize that a player has been banned and alliances keep these players because its generally more beneficial to have a heavy golder who occasionally is banned and loses a handful of cities than exclude them from the alliance.

Proposal: When a player takes a ban for any reason a padlock icon should appear over their player profile where their crown/wreath appears. In addition to this a padlock icon should appear on the alliance player listing next to where the founder's wreath would appear for a player.

Reason: This will make it easier to tell when somebody has been banned. After all, its not private information. Nor should it be.

Shuri2060

Strategos
If I were to hazard a guess, making them discrete is a failsafe for inno in case they've banned by mistake (so it's not obvious when the appeal goes through).

DeletedUser41523

If I were to hazard a guess, making them discrete is a failsafe for inno in case they've banned by mistake (so it's not obvious when the appeal goes through).

Give everyone a day of grace via unattackable ban to make an appeal. If the appeal fails or no appeal come through the full attackable sentence goes into place.

DeletedUser55989

There are accidental bans and mistakes, the sign shouldn't carry over worlds. Also, the padlock should disappear if it is found that the ban was unjust.

DeletedUser41523

There are accidental bans and mistakes, the sign shouldn't carry over worlds. Also, the padlock should disappear if it is found that the ban was unjust.

Agreed. The padlock just would exist for the duration of an attackable ban so everyone knows they’re banned.

il.brutto

Phrourach
Here's "my penneth worth" on Bans.

If they cheated using a BOT and got a Ban... I say let them have it from the rest of us. Attackable Ban, and light them up like it's "Christmas as the Griwold's". They deserve it.

If they got into a minor infarction of the rules then ban them, until they ghost out .... or they get a grip, and apologise.

So for the current system, you don't need a padlock icon. (EXCEPT for the like it's "Christmas as the Griwold's")

There are ways to see if a player is banned, Just send a HC (Harbor Check) or better still send a 1K Spy. The immediate reply you get on the screen states something along the lines, you were unable to Attack/Spy against this player as they are banned. The 1K spy if it goes ... you can cancel and target player is unaware...;). Whereas the HC will most likely trigger an alarm, but, what the hell you didn't really care for them anyways.... :cool:

Kind Regards

illy
Space Pirate
Pirate.gif