Gamebreaking Event

All my friends normally play the game without paying and we have fun. We can usually do well and enjoy the strategy of the game. Usually we make our own alliance or join a local small one: we play to have fun, not to be in an alliance with a bunch of pay to win players. This event is making the game not fun at all. We conquered a local city, putting thousands of DLU into the city to hold (1,000 biremes too), but it was pacted with of alliances that gold, and we were hit by waves of manticores until we decided to pull out. My friends are also being attacked by waves of 30-40 manticores at night. My friend last night had 13 waves of 40 manticores, and is quitting as a result. This event is completely game breaking. There is no strategy, except who can get more manticores (ie who spends more gold). I strongly urge players and Grepolis to reconsider this event. It takes the fun out of the game for those who don't gold their way to victory, and looks to me to make the game about who uses more gold for those who do use it.

DeletedUser56717

so you complaining cause you are bad or cause you cant keep up? plenty of players not spending during event thats doing good
I Agree, activity can keep up with golders to some extent, not to where you gotta quit lol

DeletedUser27063

All my friends normally play the game without paying and we have fun. We can usually do well and enjoy the strategy of the game. Usually we make our own alliance or join a local small one: we play to have fun, not to be in an alliance with a bunch of pay to win players. This event is making the game not fun at all. We conquered a local city, putting thousands of DLU into the city to hold (1,000 biremes too), but it was pacted with of alliances that gold, and we were hit by waves of manticores until we decided to pull out. My friends are also being attacked by waves of 30-40 manticores at night. My friend last night had 13 waves of 40 manticores, and is quitting as a result. This event is completely game breaking. There is no strategy, except who can get more manticores (ie who spends more gold). I strongly urge players and Grepolis to reconsider this event. It takes the fun out of the game for those who don't gold their way to victory, and looks to me to make the game about who uses more gold for those who do use it.

Mate, I would suggest to use Low Morale Drivers to siege enemies in such situations. No matter how many myth nukes they have, People always think thousand times before breaking a low morale driver siege. And Even if they come to break, it's gonna cost them a lot and you all will end up having a lot Battle Points.

MCFC04

Peltast
so you complaining cause you are bad or cause you cant keep up? plenty of players not spending during event thats doing good

First of all what country are you from? You can't seem to phrase a sentence. I don't think you get what's happening, these manticore nukes require no skill and completely rid the game of it's equality. It's sad that you can't even fight unless you whip out the VISA. It seems that the game has come to a battle of the bank accounts rather than the fun strategy game it once was.

Cheers, :) :) :) ;) ;)

kingpg28

Phrourach
First of all what country are you from? You can't seem to phrase a sentence. I don't think you get what's happening, these manticore nukes require no skill and completely rid the game of it's equality. It's sad that you can't even fight unless you whip out the VISA. It seems that the game has come to a battle of the bank accounts rather than the fun strategy game it once was.

Cheers, :) :) :) ;) ;)

im from Sudan

Mole man 420

Phrourach
Being a strategy game .. You kinda need.. Some strategy.

Team up with larger alliances and mess around in areas that alliance has influence in but not on a front line.

Use the low morale strategy previously mentioned.

Peoples pride often stop them from enjoying this game ( ive been a culrpit in the past for that as well).. Losing cities and being attacked isnt the end.. And just cause one world didnt fit your style try another.

Inno it tries to create variety for different styles.. Find your niche

DeletedUser41523

You need to think about who you're attacking and what you're doing. A few thousand DLU generally isn't much, especially in an event and 1k Birs would make a lot of teams pick an LS break over a flier break outside of an event. There's also a strategy in an event as well, which is to not give up BP and instead take easier towns until ready to conquer large alliances. Use the event to build up your troops and use the free fliers to find BP/save yourself from being sieged.