Gold Options

DeletedUser52844

I have noticed almost every interview we have done, the issue with gold has been brought up in every single one.

As a community, we should discuss our concerns over the current gold system, and come up with alternative ideas for Grepolis. Solutions can be as simple or as complex as you want them to be. What I want is a place where everyone can express their thoughts and ideas freely and develop those ideas bassed on criticism into something possible.

Important to consider when developing solutions
  • Grepolis need to make their money
  • Needs to be a way that community approves of
  • Has to be a system that is reasonable
  • Will need to be a beginner-friendly system

The hardest part is trying to get Grepolis on board on any solutions, so make sure to market your ideas towards the players and the Grepolis team

We want Grepolis to live on

Last edited by a moderator:

kingpg28

Phrourach
people complaining about gold is like a mcdonalds worker complaining about business owners having more money, you guys are asking inno to cut their only source of income in grepolis to accommodate a small portion of the grepolis community. You go be a dev for grepo and work for free while constantly making changes to the game... gold can only get you so far... i have been top 15 easily not spending a single dollar on worlds... activity can make up for gold but people constantly complaining about golders is ignorant unless you plan on paying inno workers out your pockets shut up about it

DeletedUser47822

Hello, if I may say that you use gold and have no qualms spending your money, right ?

There are some who just came to play the game, before there were not much of an impact as now. Just imagine a guy with millions in his bank account, buying resources with gold, and golding the city and troops like no tomorrow, the same person buying tokens from hen no matter the cost. Now, that is an exaggeration, but there some player who use it as much as they can, so you tell me if anyone can match up to that. Every game almost has a pay to play features but the toll it took on grepolis is more. You tell if from en20 to now the uses of gold increased or decreased or is the same.

I went up to top #30 without no gold but that was after lifeless hours of grepolis, i literally never slept, I squeezed the resources off every farm of my cities and circulated the rest between all other cities. Now you may say that everybody can do that, but no that takes tons of patience and the gold players have it easier. The reason, I couldn't get any further was my army was 20% weaker, lol. And please tell me that doesn't matter. Or that they can't build up faster than me.
The time when you could buy gold of your alliance mate was good, as it helped many players and the alliance but that also changed.

And if you are talking about majority then yes most people use gold and if take a look, you won't find as much players as before.Many may have left because they don't like it anymore or may have left because the game is too lengthy. Do you think the player base never decreased because the free to players left!!??

DeletedUser52844

people complaining about gold is like a mcdonalds worker complaining about business owners having more money, you guys are asking inno to cut their only source of income in grepolis to accommodate a small portion of the grepolis community. You go be a dev for grepo and work for free while constantly making changes to the game... gold can only get you so far... i have been top 15 easily not spending a single dollar on worlds... activity can make up for gold but people constantly complaining about golders is ignorant unless you plan on paying inno workers out your pockets shut up about it

@kingpg28 this is not intended to cut Inno their source of revenue but to discuss alternatives to the Gold system. That may be making minor adjustments or implementing a whole new system. It is to promote critical thinking among those who disagree with the Gold system, so instead of complaining, they are thinking of alternatives.

DeletedUser55437

What i think the biggest bullcrap is, is the captain, commander and priestess giving 20% attacking and defending bonus. 20% is a lot, like a lot. If you dont have advisors then its like you have -20% luck at all times. Now the advisors are cheap, yes, you can gold trade coins to get them, but new players might not realize how big of a difference advisors make and the game is unplayable without them if you want to stay competitive. They might not know how to gold trade or where to gold trade... and when a nuke hits their city with 20% buff from commanders and other buffs in addition wiping their city into shreds its not enjoyable experience.

I suggest that the advisors should be only giving ease of gameplay features, or "cosmetic" things, no 20% bullcrap...
For example there should be a farming helper - the one you have in tribal wars. In cq servers when im farming favour it takes up so much time to click attack, select 10 harpies and click send. When you have 3 full harpy cities its a pain in the ***, and if you have to do it every 30 min to be efficient its even worse. Those who play TW, or played it, imagine farming without the farming helper or whatever its called. Intergrate more things like attack planner instead of just boring 20% buffs... Those who dont know what it is, you can set up the thing so that with one click you send 10 harpy attack, boom - done.

About cosmetics, maybe something like being able to change colors of your cities visually, or put gifs into your profile, little things like that... those who know me well would know i would buy that **** immidately. It makes the game more enjoyable believe me... It is actually riddiculous that 240x180 image is maximum resolution you can upload, makes me feel like im playing still in 2009.

The biggest outrage that happened was with the event. Devs should think more steps ahead before publishing them, hell i think that the events just roll out automatically without any thought. If its a speed 6 world, people are gonna have 5000 population tokens of myths. If its an ingredient event, they are gonna have lots of tokens. Doesnt take a genius to see that everyone will have myths when you can have entire city filled in 4 hours. In combination to this, for some god forsaken reason all the new players spawn in 124 instead of newest 125 (probably to avoid them playing speed 6), making this world very small. Too many myths in small place packed together, people started to leave the world. If you put 100 pigs in a small room and try to grow them for like pork and **** i gurantee half of them will be dead the second day. sorry best example i can come up with but point is clear... this event is the reason for "gold issue" outrage.

thanks for reading my opinion/rant

Hydna

Grepolis Team
What i think the biggest bullcrap is, is the captain, commander and priestess giving 20% attacking and defending bonus. 20% is a lot, like a lot. If you dont have advisors then its like you have -20% luck at all times. Now the advisors are cheap, yes, you can gold trade coins to get them, but new players might not realize how big of a difference advisors make and the game is unplayable without them if you want to stay competitive. They might not know how to gold trade or where to gold trade... and when a nuke hits their city with 20% buff from commanders and other buffs in addition wiping their city into shreds its not enjoyable experience.

I suggest that the advisors should be only giving ease of gameplay features, or "cosmetic" things, no 20% bullcrap...
For example there should be a farming helper - the one you have in tribal wars. In cq servers when im farming favour it takes up so much time to click attack, select 10 harpies and click send. When you have 3 full harpy cities its a pain in the ***, and if you have to do it every 30 min to be efficient its even worse. Those who play TW, or played it, imagine farming without the farming helper or whatever its called. Intergrate more things like attack planner instead of just boring 20% buffs... Those who dont know what it is, you can set up the thing so that with one click you send 10 harpy attack, boom - done.

About cosmetics, maybe something like being able to change colors of your cities visually, or put gifs into your profile, little things like that... those who know me well would know i would buy that **** immidately. It makes the game more enjoyable believe me... It is actually riddiculous that 240x180 image is maximum resolution you can upload, makes me feel like im playing still in 2009.

The biggest outrage that happened was with the event. Devs should think more steps ahead before publishing them, hell i think that the events just roll out automatically without any thought. If its a speed 6 world, people are gonna have 5000 population tokens of myths. If its an ingredient event, they are gonna have lots of tokens. Doesnt take a genius to see that everyone will have myths when you can have entire city filled in 4 hours. In combination to this, for some god forsaken reason all the new players spawn in 124 instead of newest 125 (probably to avoid them playing speed 6), making this world very small. Too many myths in small place packed together, people started to leave the world. If you put 100 pigs in a small room and try to grow them for like pork and **** i gurantee half of them will be dead the second day. sorry best example i can come up with but point is clear... this event is the reason for "gold issue" outrage.

thanks for reading my opinion/rant
In terms of new players understanding the value of advisors: I take your point but the attack screen does have a big message pointing this out and if they join an alliance and play I would think the value of an advisor and the ability to trade for gold would be something they learn soon. I am going to suggest that increased attack/defend strength is added to a pop up tip.

Mike and I have already fed back the comments about an event on a speed 6 so soon after protection.