Pnp Elis Newspaper - September Edition

OutOfCharacters

Phrourach
A lot has happened in Elis the last week! Our reporters have been traveling throughout the world, listening to different council discussions, following Inno's developments in the external forums, and tracking player responses. Where possible in this article, players' names have been removed or changed to protect their identity. To kick off this news, let's start with the September outlook after the initial wonders race ended.

Starting Point:
WW Race: 5 Ares, 2 Bloods

Shortly after the wonder race, Bloods MMd the entire server asking for help in "delaying Fans from winning it".

Pictured below: Bloods council room after Fans grab 5 wonders with little competition
Screen-Shot-2021-09-21-at-7-29-00-PM.png

This initiative did not seem to slow Ares down!

Pictured below: September War Score
September War Score:
250 - 12 (Ares/Bloods)
Stats provided by the courtesy of our handsome reporter, @Trist3

Several Bloods players have been quoted as saying "Fans will win this faster than we thought" in the weeks and days leading up to "The Crime". While their identities have been left out to protect them, one of them has been trolling hard on externals during The Crime, so if he's not a little bit nicer, our reporters will gladly share his name in a followup article.

Now we move onto a series of events that happened over the last few days, or as we call it, The Crime.

Pictured below: The Nicest Dude Ever = Angodude, Prepping to Go To The Mountains
Screen-Shot-2021-09-21-at-7-01-30-PM.png

Sept 18, 19:56:17
Angodude is happily frolicking in the mountains, blissfully unaware that his account has just been maliciously hacked. This hacker purposely dropped Ango from the Ares ally, which immediately dropped 4 of their 5 WWs. Soon after becoming notified of the hack, support banned the account to stop further damage. (Shout out to support for fast action here.)

This results in 4 of the 5 wonders dropping, which means when Bloods clicks "build", it will change the WW tally to Ares 1, Bloods 6, through no fault of Ares players and with no work to earn it from Bloods.

Not Pictured: Highly inappropriate MMs and Forum Posts from the jerk posing as dear Ango

A series of diplo attempts follows, with Ares leaders attempting to make sure Bloods know what happened and ensure they protect their own accounts from similar hacks.

Sept 18, 21:00
Ares leaders reach out to Bloods female founder to alert of the incident

Sept 19, 4:35
Pictured Below: Ares leaders reach out to Bloods again, requesting discussion

Screen-Shot-2021-09-21-at-7-05-00-PM.png

Sept 19, 7:37
Pictured Below: Bloods figurehead says that council will discuss it

Screen-Shot-2021-09-21-at-7-06-50-PM.png

please note, the Bloods female founder's name has been removed to protect her identity

Sept 19, 7:38 Bloods council discusses for 5 minutes and arrives at a solution. Ares notices spy bombs to their remaining wonder island, coupled with Heracles activity from the bloods Hercs. Bloods players start hitting trips in Ango's WW cities. Bloods says nothing to Ares.
Pictured Below: Bloods' Council Room While Considering the Request:
Screen-Shot-2021-09-21-at-6-45-05-PM.png

Sept 19, 7:38 - Sep 21, 22:59
No response from Bloods. Time passed = 3 days from Ares/Bloods initial request to discuss.

Sept 19, 9:03
Bloods flood back from VM and handing off in hopes they might get something for free.

Sept 20, 18:03
Inno staff posts confirmation of the hack, citing a data breach from outside sources. Bloods players comment and discuss this posting on the forums. This occurs over a day before Bloods reaches back out to Ares.

Sept 21, 22:59
Upon completion of the 4th stolen level 10 wonder, Bloods' newly elected diplo reaches out with the following message, while stating that nobody from Inno has confirmed it was a hack (even though their players were commenting on Baudin's post):
Screen-Shot-2021-09-21-at-9-21-56-PM.png

Source: Bloods new diplo who is one of two council members prone to random fits of rage

Pictured Below: Ares Council Room Discussing The Offer
(Editor Correction) Pictured Below: A Big Ol' Bucket of Balls

Screen-Shot-2021-09-21-at-9-26-52-PM.png

A Touch of History
Bloods to Ares in externals for weeks: "You just want an easy win!"
Bloods today: "We just took the 4 hacked WWs. Just give us the 7th so we can share it with you and be done with the world."

Ares Response to Bloods' Proposal
"What if you give them all to us, then we rotated you in?"
Ares was in fact the victim of the crime that stole these 4 wonders... and happened to drop them in Bloods' lap. These reporters think that if any solution that handed out crowns would be tenable, Ares should be the one to hold it based on war score and earned results.
Editor comment: Ares council refused to comment on whether or not they would actually agree to such offer, as they seemed put off by Bloods' greediness and lack of desire to earn anything. Ares did mention they are still awaiting words from Inno on possible fixes.

Pictured below: Two photos capturing Bloods' IMMEDIATE Response, their fastest diplo response in the history of all worlds
Screen-Shot-2021-09-21-at-9-52-45-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2021-09-21-at-6-55-36-PM.png

Pictured below: What passing out "crowns" looks like if hacks like this are permitted to drastically alter servers such as this one.
giphy.gif

Pictured below: Ares comments when asked if they think they can still win if forced to play this out as is.
This unnamed Ares founder is quoted as saying: "Sure thing. Just lemme finish this sandwich."
"Oh wait-- looks like we just revolted one while I was eating. Guess I should go log in."
giphy.gif

--The Elis News Squad

Last edited:

OutOfCharacters

Phrourach
I especially love the part from Bloods diplo saying "You have my word and Ruthies"

dr-evil-right.gif
I'm still bemused by the fact that they can't talk to me in diplo because I'm "untrustworthy". I'm the only player on this entire server who left them and gave them ALL OF MY CITIES, because it's the right thing to do. Hell, Dave didn't even do that. My words and actions might be dislikable, but they are what I say they'll be.

SirNeo

Hipparchus
lol just saw tht Sept 19, 9:03 edit.. @OutOfCharacters forward my mail to any DOA they will understand and explain you what you did not understood. that was a cheap shot, not expected of you

SilentNightKiller

Hekatontarch
What a one-sided piece of rubbish. Your hatred of Bloods is clouding your judgement to the detriment of your own team. Luckily I am new on the server and never had to have any dealings with you. I am an old but proud Blood member that is loyal to this team. Now... Let's get a few things out in the open since this is a public forum and players from other worlds will one day read this and possibly judge everyone on the conduct they are displaying right now after the "Crime" that was committed.

Immediately after there was notification that Fans had lost 4 of their 5 wonders the leaders of Bloods started the builds on all 4 wonders. That was LONG before your initial contact informing that a "Crime" had been committed. After your initial contact you were told that Bloods leadership would discuss what path to take. Instead of leaving it at that you took it upon yourself to continue to send "interesting" messages to leadership. THEN you did the "WRONG THING"! You mailed the whole Blood alliance. This was totally offsides. You don't do that! You were told that Bloods leadership was discussing it and coming up with a solution but you decided to take it into your own hands and force YOUR will on the Bloods team by sending them all a mass mail. Trying to go behind leaders back by Mass Mailing the whole Bloods team just made matters worse as its true there is bad Blood between some of the players in your team and it can cloud judgement with things, but each situation needs looking at fresh.
Nobody ever thought such a horrible thing could happen. The whole situation was in the forum for all bloods to discuss as a team as its their game too. Your Mass Mail actually did more harm then good as players felt you were going above the leaders.

Now... With the new Diplo being dropped in at the deep end maybe she did not articulate the real feelings and position of Bloods leadership very well but she had to scramble and start somewhere but please allow me to do so publicly now so that it does not get hidden and twisted into the one sided garbage that you have produced today.

The Bloods "OFFICIAL" position and statement is this... What has happened is NOT OUR FAULT! We did NOT hack your player and had absolutely NOTHING to do with you losing your 4 wonders. We are in-fact SORRY that your whole team is a VICTIM of what has happened. It is WRONG for anyone to get hacked and so much damage to be caused. We do like to win yes we do BUT we are a honourable team too with morals! After lengthy discussions in council it was decided that the "EASY" way to come to some form of solution and resolution was to approach you and suggest the following: We requested that you give us the remaining wonder so that the "7" get's completed. Then we immediately cycle in Fans and all accompanying teams as well as all Bloods allies too. The reason we thought that this is the quickest and easiest way to solve this mess is because to break the four wonders we have now built and wait for you to complete re-filling all 4 of the wonders to level 10 then accelerating them to completion will take ages. Then we ALSO have to re-send all the millions of resources to our wonders to get them back to the level they were on before this happened. You blame us for getting our Hercules players and Favour Islands up and running and rushing to complete the wonders... Wouldn't you do the same to prevent losing all those millions of resources that you legitimately sent BEFORE this "Crime"? Remember that all 4 of the wonders were clicked on at the same time LONG BEFORE we knew ANYTHING of what had transpired. Please know that if it transpired that we had not started the final builds on all 4 wonders and we had found out that a "Crime" had been committed then things might have led us down a different path but that is NOT what happened. So... This is our official and current position. We are ALL victims of what has happened. Please take a moment and think CLEARLY on what you want the way forward to be. Once decided you should inform our new diplomat of the decision of your entire leadership. THEN we can take it from there and negotiate LIKE ADULTS and come to a solution that all parties can agree with. We await your reply and hope that you think hard and clearly and realise that we are NOT the DISGRACEFUL team you are attempting to make us out to be. Once again I say... WE ARE SORRY THAT THIS CRIME OCCURED IN THE FIRST PLACE! WE ARE ALSO VICTIMS HERE!
P.S. Since you Mass Mailed our whole team I think it is only fair for us to do the same. This response will be sent to your whole team so that we also have the chance to ensure that our position is known by your whole team.
Please also note that you will not be hearing from me again as we do now have a new official diplomat and she will deal with things from this point on.
Thanks for your time.

DeletedUser53657

Bloods today: "We just took the 4 hacked WWs. Just give us the 7th so we can share it with you and be done with the world."

The only sentence i agree with you. Let's do it, we will give 3 invites to Fans for the crown. Anyone down for that?

#hackthegardens

Trist3

Chiliarch
What a one-sided piece of rubbish. Your hatred of Bloods is clouding your judgement to the detriment of your own team. Luckily I am new on the server and never had to have any dealings with you. I am an old but proud Blood member that is loyal to this team. Now... Let's get a few things out in the open since this is a public forum and players from other worlds will one day read this and possibly judge everyone on the conduct they are displaying right now after the "Crime" that was committed.

Immediately after there was notification that Fans had lost 4 of their 5 wonders the leaders of Bloods started the builds on all 4 wonders. That was LONG before your initial contact informing that a "Crime" had been committed. After your initial contact you were told that Bloods leadership would discuss what path to take. Instead of leaving it at that you took it upon yourself to continue to send "interesting" messages to leadership. THEN you did the "WRONG THING"! You mailed the whole Blood alliance. This was totally offsides. You don't do that! You were told that Bloods leadership was discussing it and coming up with a solution but you decided to take it into your own hands and force YOUR will on the Bloods team by sending them all a mass mail. Trying to go behind leaders back by Mass Mailing the whole Bloods team just made matters worse as its true there is bad Blood between some of the players in your team and it can cloud judgement with things, but each situation needs looking at fresh.
Nobody ever thought such a horrible thing could happen. The whole situation was in the forum for all bloods to discuss as a team as its their game too. Your Mass Mail actually did more harm then good as players felt you were going above the leaders.

Now... With the new Diplo being dropped in at the deep end maybe she did not articulate the real feelings and position of Bloods leadership very well but she had to scramble and start somewhere but please allow me to do so publicly now so that it does not get hidden and twisted into the one sided garbage that you have produced today.

The Bloods "OFFICIAL" position and statement is this... What has happened is NOT OUR FAULT! We did NOT hack your player and had absolutely NOTHING to do with you losing your 4 wonders. We are in-fact SORRY that your whole team is a VICTIM of what has happened. It is WRONG for anyone to get hacked and so much damage to be caused. We do like to win yes we do BUT we are a honourable team too with morals! After lengthy discussions in council it was decided that the "EASY" way to come to some form of solution and resolution was to approach you and suggest the following: We requested that you give us the remaining wonder so that the "7" get's completed. Then we immediately cycle in Fans and all accompanying teams as well as all Bloods allies too. The reason we thought that this is the quickest and easiest way to solve this mess is because to break the four wonders we have now built and wait for you to complete re-filling all 4 of the wonders to level 10 then accelerating them to completion will take ages. Then we ALSO have to re-send all the millions of resources to our wonders to get them back to the level they were on before this happened. You blame us for getting our Hercules players and Favour Islands up and running and rushing to complete the wonders... Wouldn't you do the same to prevent losing all those millions of resources that you legitimately sent BEFORE this "Crime"? Remember that all 4 of the wonders were clicked on at the same time LONG BEFORE we knew ANYTHING of what had transpired. Please know that if it transpired that we had not started the final builds on all 4 wonders and we had found out that a "Crime" had been committed then things might have led us down a different path but that is NOT what happened. So... This is our official and current position. We are ALL victims of what has happened. Please take a moment and think CLEARLY on what you want the way forward to be. Once decided you should inform our new diplomat of the decision of your entire leadership. THEN we can take it from there and negotiate LIKE ADULTS and come to a solution that all parties can agree with. We await your reply and hope that you think hard and clearly and realise that we are NOT the DISGRACEFUL team you are attempting to make us out to be. Once again I say... WE ARE SORRY THAT THIS CRIME OCCURED IN THE FIRST PLACE! WE ARE ALSO VICTIMS HERE!
P.S. Since you Mass Mailed our whole team I think it is only fair for us to do the same. This response will be sent to your whole team so that we also have the chance to ensure that our position is known by your whole team.
Please also note that you will not be hearing from me again as we do now have a new official diplomat and she will deal with things from this point on.
Thanks for your time.

Nah but what is this hypocracy 101? I guess I'll start from the Bottom, how, in any way how are you the victims here? did you lose anything? no, you gained from the crime... you are the guy that shows up at a dead guy's funeral and collects a whole bunch of money others were not here to claim without saying sorry lol. This is what annoys me with the bloods position, how can you seriously continue to claim you are honorable and then go full force trying to finish the wonders that clearly should not be yours? I mean common bloods leadership waited 2 WHOLE DAYS to give us their position, weirdly 30 mins after they had finished the last one, it's clearly a move to try to leverage us into giving the last one and it's frankly disgusting.

On your point of the logistics, considering this server is 7 months old, how is the 3 days it would take us to rebuild the wonders a long time at all? we don't need to fill them either we've already done that, so it would take even less time. This point is mute, the action of rotating players in alone will take twice the time so how can that be your reason? surely after all this time, 3 days wait is nothing to ask for.

For the resources and favor, let's get a couple of things clear, you didn't have to boost them and waste your favor, if you truly believed there may have been foul play you would have waited and seen. Sure we all understand pressing the build button, anyone would have done that, but the choice to then hard herc boost for 3 days despite all the facts coming to light in the first few hours (and yes they were available very quickly, your leadership was made aware if you didn't know they you either ignored it or failed to go looking for answers, which is negligence on your part.) is your decision to be taking advantage of it. The resources, we now have to refill 4 wonders too with Millions we shouldn't have to and you want to tell me bloods can't do the same thing? How is that fair or honorable? In fact, we even OFFERED to help you guys refill your 4 wonders with our own resources if you would have dropped them, hell we'll still happily do it and throw in a nice big ceasefire the whole time.

So again I will summarize, there is an ethical and honorable way to approach this from both sides, and it is bloods relinquishing the wonders they shouldn't have with Ares helping them recoup the losses on their end (note that we ignore the extra res and favor Ares had to also throw in on their own wonders). The end result would be a bloods back on 2 wonders with their resources back, and Ares back on 5, like it was pre hack. That can all be agreed with a ceasefire to make sure a smooth transition occurs if you so want. @SilentNightKiller tell me this is not fair or honorable.

But Bloods asking for Ares to "trust" them with the last wonder, something bloods has been notorious for lately (breaking deals when they see fit) is out the picture. We have no guarantee you wouldn't screw us as you did in the past. Again we're the victim as you said, you don't go asking the victim for his leg after he lost his arm.

So I ask again, will bloods do the right thing they always claim to do? Please someone from bloods let me know.

SilentNightKiller

Hekatontarch
I find it quite sad that in just over 30 minutes you as one of the leaders have decided on your own or without much discussion with your team your reply but... If that is your official position OF YOUR ENTIRE LEADERSHIP AND TEAM then please declare it to our new Diplo ingame and she can bring it to council for our further consideration as to a way forward.

OutOfCharacters

Phrourach
@SilentNightKiller and those you represent:

When you believe what you are told I can understand this point of view. I don't hate Bloods at all, I like several people there. I did not agree with the leadership on many points, and this would be a great example. You don't really know me at all, though I've heard you've called me names in Bloods' forum for taking a city before you... I forgive you. If you knew me you'd know I'm really cool, and really fair.

I would never feel righteous holding on to wonders I did not earn that were stolen by a hacker. Yes, I'd have clicked upgrade. Then I'd have discussed ways to repair the damage after the truth came out (which was at least 2 days before they finished). And I would refuse to play on a team that felt they deserved to keep them given how the hack happened... I've walked away from sketchy crowns before to stand up for what I believe in. But to me they're meaningless if not earned. Others might be so hungry for a win they see things differently.

I spoke my mind just as clearly when I was in Bloods as I do outside of it-- and my viewpoints have held steady. It's not based on the team I'm on, it's based on what I think is RIGHT. You guys have the right to do as you please, and we'll gladly keep fighting. It's each of us who has to feel comfortable with what we are doing, and the reputation it gives us.

I fail to understand how you are possibly the victim though-- you have done nothing but gain free merchandise. We are refilling ours with res we shouldn't have to spend. You didn't have to boost yours since we couldn't start ours to catch you. If you gave them back and we helped you refill, that seems pretty fair in lost resources. This is an example of manipulating truths to fit the reality you'd like to defend (we'd really like to keep our wonders because we can't take them from Ares). I'd honestly rather hear you say-- we know it's cheap, but we can't take your wonders any other way, so we're keeping them. That would be an example of honest communication, but it would force accepting the moral position you've taken.

Feel free to MM our team any time-- we like our people to be able to hear all sides and develop opinions that strengthen us as a whole and challenge our decisions. A leadership that gets angry at mms like the ones I sent, is a leadership that should look inside at what messages they're trying to manage.

Best,
OOC

@likee03 Ango IS super hot-- free date with Ango for any Bloods members who stand up for what's right. :p
#DatesForAngo #JusticeForAngo

Last edited:

OutOfCharacters

Phrourach
lol just saw tht Sept 19, 9:03 edit.. @OutOfCharacters forward my mail to any DOA they will understand and explain you what you did not understood. that was a cheap shot, not expected of you
Editors Comment: Our reporters were limited to the information they gathered through observation as some players refused to comment on their in-game actions. Due to a dialogue with the unnamed player referenced above, a portion of the article has been revised out of respect for that player. No harm was intended (though it was a clever observation lol).

pyropirate

Chiliarch
I find it quite sad that in just over 30 minutes you as one of the leaders have decided on your own or without much discussion with your team your reply but... If that is your official position OF YOUR ENTIRE LEADERSHIP AND TEAM then please declare it to our new Diplo ingame and she can bring it to council for our further consideration as to a way forward.

come on man do you really think we would accept that we would share the win with you and just hand over the last ww? ofcourse not wtf. we will get those 6 wws if you help us with giving us our 4 back or not.

Mole man 420

Phrourach
The funniest thing about all of this right - if they TRULY wanted the easy win - and actually cared about making things right. They would of gone the route of open mindedly having diplomatic discussions ( obv not /w me cause i'd tell em to go stick their heads in **** filled toilets )

But as per usual ( Just the same as all the diplomatic offers they gave everyone else htis world - give everything to bloods despite not earning it ) - they wanted everything to be given to them.

A more sensible - and this is NOT WHAT I WANT PERSONALLY ( I want nothing from bloods - I'm happy going to ttake all 4 of the stolen wonders back as well as the only 2 bloods actually can honestly say they earned during the initial 4/7 race ) - but Bloods instead of demanding the last wonder -could of given all 6 to OA and rotated for crowns afterwords amongst everyone. And before everyone goes " OMG we give them 6, instead of them giving us 1!?!?!" - let's be real - We gained those 5 ourselves legitimately during the race. As well as the fact we where within weeks of being ready to break your wonders ( Several of your best fighters have admitted to it themselves this isn't me saying it on my own end.. the writing was on the walls ) .. we where flooding your core. We had over 100+ takes within the week leading up to the hack on ango's account and I don't even think you guys barely broke double digits. Your members are leaving into VM, handing off, going IA.... like... you where literally weeks away from losing.. theres no denying that unless you just want to play ignorant. I'll say it again- SEVERAL OF YOUR BEST PLAYERS SAID IT THEMSELVES!

So - if level heads had prevailed. That would of been the most common ground agreement - because than bloods would of gotten the crown they so dearly wanted without earning it, along with everyone else under OA's name as they are truly the winners this server regardless of what happens next.

Instead bloods tried coming from some sort of high ground and demanded it go to them or nothing else was on the table - you even tried saying we can trust you in doing so!! Like - for real?? Has that not been the whole issue this entire world - amongst several others before hand?? Blood leadership and council are NOT TO BE TRUSTED!!!!!!!!!!!

As the saying goes.
Fool me once - shame on you.
Fool me twice - shame on me...

Not sure how you guys thought anyone would trust the word of your leaders.

If you guys had truly wanted that quick easy win - you should of not been so greedy and selfish and tried standing on some high ground that you don't belong on. I even get the feeling had you been persuasive enough - it would of been passed because lots of people on both ends are tired of this world... myself I would of left the world and not wanted a crown because it would of not been earned... but for the rest of you who TRULY WANTED IT... you yet again failed with horrible diplomacy and selfish offers. Kudos BLoods, to another job, well done !

Mole man 420

Phrourach
best question is why was ango on all of those ww islands in the first place, 1 or 2 tops...
Ango specifically being on the island wasn't the issue Bacon - he was only on 4. As most of us are. And you shouldn't really be relying on too many ppl being wonder holders.

At most I think it's best practice to have like 15-20 ppl as your wonder holders. You don't want to have to rely on more than that really - as these people need to have alarms, easily contactable ... etc etc.. and, as this world has proven, things can still happen.

Nope - the issue just comes from failed security protocols on Inno's end ( the lack of f2a really as it seemed to of done the trick for discord as he failed to get into his account there ) and people like SemaJoe who are just out to be dicks