Proposal Points

Jonas

Hoplite
I addressed this issue before and I want to come back to it, the way you increase battle points entering and leaving the alliance to kill your friends' troops should be made more difficult. I think at least it shouldn't be possible to re-enter the alliance for at least a few days. I'm not criticizing those who do it, it's a hole in the rules, if I'm in need of some points to upgrade my culture I'll even consider doing it but then I make a petition to change the name to BS points

Back2Basics

Chiliarch
What difference does it make? Competent players don't need to be within an alliance to be productive. Your suggestion solves a non-existent issue with absolutely no impact in a server as a whole. You've made a post for what essentially amounts to nothing tangible in terms of gameplay.

Jonas

Hoplite
The difference it makes is the number of cities you can have in a short time without effort and in fact without facing anyone, if that has no impact on the gameplay then we shouldn't be talking about the same game.

MasterSpy

Chiliarch
I think with this issue we need to think outside the box. It is definitely a part of the game that I don't like and makes an average to poor player often appear good or at least allows them to grow rapidly with little or any effort. Inno tried to fix it by bringing in the low % bp from attacks on/to either your alliance or pacted alliances but that just lead to the current issue of players dropping in and out as they please to get full bp's. So this is what i suggest...

Why not 'punish' or at least hamper a players ability to do anything if they leave or are kicked from an alliance. Create a sort of 'mini vacation mode' for players that exit an alliance, ie dont allow them to attack or be attacked for 12-24 hours. It wouldn't fully nullify the issue as there are ways around this too but it would definitely decrease the amount it happens and make players think about dropping only for bp.

And before you all say it, I know that not all exits from alliances are for bp reasons, but doing it this way could easily change the dynamics of alliances and alliance movements and bring in a new, interesting aspect of the game.

Corvidaan

Phrourach
I think with this issue we need to think outside the box. It is definitely a part of the game that I don't like and makes an average to poor player often appear good or at least allows them to grow rapidly with little or any effort. Inno tried to fix it by bringing in the low % bp from attacks on/to either your alliance or pacted alliances but that just lead to the current issue of players dropping in and out as they please to get full bp's. So this is what i suggest...

Why not 'punish' or at least hamper a players ability to do anything if they leave or are kicked from an alliance. Create a sort of 'mini vacation mode' for players that exit an alliance, ie dont allow them to attack or be attacked for 12-24 hours. It wouldn't fully nullify the issue as there are ways around this too but it would definitely decrease the amount it happens and make players think about dropping only for bp.

And before you all say it, I know that not all exits from alliances are for bp reasons, but doing it this way could easily change the dynamics of alliances and alliance movements and bring in a new, interesting aspect of the game.
So my player is offline and being attacked and cleared. I just kick him and he gets a free 12-24 hour period of immunity?

Sounds great.

Jonas

Hoplite
So my player is offline and being attacked and cleared. I just kick him and he gets a free 12-24 hour period of immunity?

Sounds great.
It really sounds good, it's already got you thinking about new strategies and ways to beat the rules, in the end that's one of the goals of the changes.

As for the grace time outside the alliance it can be exactly like VM when it is activated. It doesn't protect you from anything

Nor we can prevent players being the alliance supermarket, but we can limit the amount of resources that "friends" can farm in allied cities.

Jonas

Hoplite
I like this game and share with thousands who play it around the world the pleasure of hunting, catching an enemy off guard, fighting for every miserable battle point to get culture for one more city and to hear that music when you make a procession. And of course I like to see myself rise in the ranks of strikers. Naturally I'm disappointed to see that those above are just killing allies.

I think that in order to continue to attract good feelings and new players , limiting tactics that are actually subterfuges to achieve the objectives is the best strategy.

MasterSpy

Chiliarch

Sounds great.
what's the problem with that? like i said, new alliance dynamics. At least that way you'll know exactly when his 'mini vm' started and ends and can plan to take the city if he doesnt come back etc.

Kosti

Phrourach
so for example, you internal a player from your alliance. You kick him and then you cant attack him or take his cities for 24 hours? Or you cant drop to clear the city you reserved cause you wont be able to do **** for 24 hours? I don't see a problem with this. How tf would hercing work for example then?

Corvidaan

Phrourach
It really sounds good, it's already got you thinking about new strategies and ways to beat the rules, in the end that's one of the goals of the changes.

As for the grace time outside the alliance it can be exactly like VM when it is activated. It doesn't protect you from anything

Nor we can prevent players being the alliance supermarket, but we can limit the amount of resources that "friends" can farm in allied cities.
what's the problem with that? like i said, new alliance dynamics. At least that way you'll know exactly when his 'mini vm' started and ends and can plan to take the city if he doesnt come back etc.

Are you two on crack?

It means an alliance that pre emptively kicks it’s members when they go offline and the first trip is hit… will never lose a city.

And don’t even get me started on simmers who want to just run festivals and found… by dropping an alliance and rejoining, they could literally be in a state of beginners protection for the entire duration of the server.

You know what, I don’t have the energy for this. Yes please, implement it for a world, just so that it can swiftly be removed and everyone realises what an absolutely batshit crazy idea it is.

BLG-CH

Phrourach
Maybe if you join an alliance you already were in you can't attack nor support cities which arent yours but you can be attacked for some time.

There is also the question of heracles and if favor farming with him in the same alliance should be possible i.e. change "received at least 50 bp" to "killed at least 50 pop" or not.

MasterSpy

Chiliarch
so for example, you internal a player from your alliance. You kick him and then you cant attack him or take his cities for 24 hours? Or you cant drop to clear the city you reserved cause you wont be able to do **** for 24 hours? I don't see a problem with this. How tf would hercing work for example then?
easy, you take all his cities before you kick him and take the bp hit or wait the time they're in mini vm to then get full bp yet risk other alliances seeing him being kicked and inactive and competing for them. what's wrong with that, it is a war game after all. not sure what your issue with hercing is, you generally do that with a player in another alliance anyway.

MasterSpy

Chiliarch
Are you two on crack?

It means an alliance that pre emptively kicks it’s members when they go offline and the first trip is hit… will never lose a city.

And don’t even get me started on simmers who want to just run festivals and found… by dropping an alliance and rejoining, they could literally be in a state of beginners protection for the entire duration of the server.

You know what, I don’t have the energy for this. Yes please, implement it for a world, just so that it can swiftly be removed and everyone realises what an absolutely batshit crazy idea it is.
simple, make even running festivals etc in that mini vm period not allowed. that way you cant get bp by attacking or being attacked and you cant run festivals so you wont grow much at all.

mwahahahaha

Hoplite
I'd say the best way to stop this is to put a block on a player re-joining an alliance for 2-3 days, you could even be mean and make it a week. However, there would be ways round this also, for example the amount of alliances which have 2nd alliances would make it unworkable, you could just leave get the bps then enter the 2nd alliance. Or a pacted alliance. Or you could make your own alliance and share a forum with the alliance you just left.

Other options is to stop them joining (or making) any alliance for 1-2 days after leaving an alliance. This would be unfair on anyone who wanted to change alliance for a genuine reason though. I think anything you do to fix this will just create more problems. Or hmm we could have a world with no alliances or shared forums and just battle it out everyone on everyone else :p might be fun for a while I guess but there'd be no end game and the only ones left would be experienced players with no chance for new players to learn.

TBF I'd probably still play a world like that if only for a change of pace, would need to be a very short time-frame world though, which means lack of income for grepo and probably a headache to set up so I doubt it'd happen

Hydna

Grepolis Team
I am not sure you could stamp this practice out. It's easy enough to have a 2nd alliance that is not officially pacted and then the players in one alliance can kill the troops of those in 2nd alliance. This already happens. That way no one needs to even leave an alliance. There will always be ways around this if someone wants to do it. The 20% rule was brought in to minimise the practice but I don't see how you can eliminate it.

Wlod

Hipparchus
You can minimize further by applying 20% rule to alliances with shared forums.

There are no perfect solutions, keep grinding things to make it harder and harder. Else players will keep finding smarter ways. Dev should keep progressing on trying new things as the meta evolves.

Oh right I forgot, devs dont care.