Lower LS defensive Stats!!

Kosti

Phrourach
sounds like someone doesn't use alarms and doesn't want their LS to be cleared....

you don't need to sacrifice anything to drop an alt account designated purely to hiding troops at night... hell, you could load up a VPN and drop yourself an account in under 5 minutes for all it's worth.

Ironically, the "big boys and girls" happen to be the alliance I lead. You know, the one who's won both of the last two worlds it's dropped, including a recent wonders world where we dropped 2 months late and still took 4/7?

Alarmless players shouldn't be rewarded with LS having an uncharacteristically high defense stat relative to every other specialized unit in the game, making them painful to hunt in large quantities.

If you can't see that, you probably should've licked less windows as a child.
imo just give LS the same defence stat as birs have attacking stat

MasterSpy

Chiliarch
listening to you 2 is like watching dumb and dumber. i'll rest my case as everyone has already explained why they dont and shouldnt have the same stats.

You did just prove that you arent at the level of the big boys...you need to use alarm non stop, use multiple accounts and VPN's to be any good and win...sad case if you ask me. B2B should be B&B...(bad and badder)

Back2Basics

Chiliarch
Or I'm just showing a critical flaw in the way the game can be played to prove a point that their stats aren't correct relative to the baseline set to the game...

Again, I'll keep leading my alliance to winning worlds while you chat on the forums about your "spy network."

Go outside and find a new hobby, geriatric boomer.

MasterSpy

Chiliarch
Or I'm just showing a critical flaw in the way the game can be played to prove a point that their stats aren't correct relative to the baseline set to the game...

Again, I'll keep leading my alliance to winning worlds while you chat on the forums about your "spy network."

plenty of hobbies here and a full time job too. i may actually be younger than you. the stats actually work well, 2 units with different pop values shouldnt be equal in abilities. the 10 pop ls should give you an advantage over the 8 pop birs. just admit your initial comment was actually not accurate and move on.

PS. Im glad myself as an ex leader and other leaders ive been under understand the game more than you.

Back2Basics

Chiliarch
plenty of hobbies here and a full time job too. i may actually be younger than you. the stats actually work well, 2 units with different pop values shouldnt be equal in abilities. the 10 pop ls should give you an advantage over the 8 pop birs. just admit your initial comment was actually not accurate and move on.

PS. Im glad myself as an ex leader and other leaders ive been under understand the game more than you.
but it's already been shown they're equal in ability as both LS and Birs have 20/pop in their respective stat....

why would their non-applicable stat not have the same effect?

NutsNBoltz

Strategos

so a "critical flaw" of LS, is that, one a morale server, you can dodge them in a small players city, making them strong? While LMDs in general are bad for grepolis on conquest, for the most part, they can be beaten with tactics other than "SHOW ME HOW THIS IS RIGHT INNO!!!"

the amount of set back for a player is same if he loses LS in LMD or his cities, it's rebuild time, etc. plus some low morale or LMDs may not run right buffs, heros, advisors, etc. At this point this is just something that upsets you, playing a no morale server makes your reasons disappear

bugeyes10

Phrourach
This is a strategy game. You have a variety of units all with different strengths and the aim is to use them in combination to best advantage. It is not about one unit and why that may have a better or worse defence than another. If you think ls have such a great defence then I'm sure your enemies will be happy if you pop them in all your cities and go to sleep!
so you're telling me this report should be acceptable? in a non morale, non NB server 113 LS barely goes 2:1 when you roll -20? Are you seriously saying I should need to send half an LS nuke to comfortably clear 300 LS in case I roll a negative 30?

report_rm1992469833_732841.png

Hydna

Grepolis Team
so you're telling me this report should be acceptable? in a non morale, non NB server 113 LS barely goes 2:1 when you roll -20? Are you seriously saying I should need to send half an LS nuke to comfortably clear 300 LS in case I roll a negative 30?

Do you even know what you killed there? You have only a 3rd of a nuke, -20% luck and you still gained more than double bp. I can only repeat, this is a strategy game and the idea is to work with what you have to best advantage.

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
you jsut answered your own question without even knowing it. The defensice value of the LS wall will only be the same as the bir wall if the LS player is low moral...hence the word 'strategy'. sacrifice a players size to protect big players troops, wow, fancy doing that.

You're already so far behind in your reasoning and argument here that you'd be best either quitting now or even better, request this thread be deleted to avoid it being used against you in the future...it just displays compete ignorance and incompetence in the game. Like your name says, get back to basics before you try to compete with the big boys and girls.

lemme tell you something real quick...

these days you have far more MORALE worlds than non morale worlds, do you know that vast majority of players do not attack cities/players on which they would have 80 or less morale?
do you know that maybe 1 in 100 players would actually attack 900 or 2k ls in a 30 morale city?
there is literally nothing to be gained by doing that because in 90% of the cases you can clear more birs and get more bp than hitting someones stash in morale city, not to mention the amount of res you need to rebuild your ls nukes for clearing someone elses ls nukes, its dumb..

as for stashing units in low morale cities, its really common, in almost every conquest world i place bir trips in 300-1k cities to know when enemies favor farm them and which ones so i can stack them with dlu, and result is EASY DBP for me with minimal losses because morale hurts and it doesnt matter if their wall is 1 or 0.

im not with or against back to basics about this topic, LS were always supposed to be used in attack and have crap defense if lost at home due to being caught offline or whatever while birs were used primarily in defense or clearing fire ships, been in the game since 2010 to know how the game works and how the underlying "strategy" and "mechanics" are supposed to work, i would prefer if i didnt need to spend 150 ls to clear enemy ls nuke but then again i can almost demolish 700-800 birs in one smash if i fully buff my single ls nuke and get greater return of bp in short term.

NutsNBoltz

Strategos

"barely 2:1"

that sir, is greater than 2:1. Here perhaps you also need the kids entry math link I posted earlier

bugeyes10

Phrourach
Do you even know what you killed there? You have only a 3rd of a nuke, -20% luck and you still gained more than double bp. I can only repeat, this is a strategy game and the idea is to work with what you have to best advantage.
Should I provide the HC report with the pure LS in the city as well? To your own point in an earlier post, players should be punished for not answering alarms. And they're not

unknown.png

Last edited:

bugeyes10

Phrourach
that sir, is greater than 2:1. Here perhaps you also need the kids entry math link I posted earlier
the point is it shouldn be more than that lmao. The stats should be set so that hit is like 3 or even 4 to one but whatever I guess smooth brains gonna smooth brain

MasterSpy

Chiliarch
Should I provide the HC report with the pure LS in the city as well? To your own point in an earlier post, players should be punished for not answering alarms. And they're not

unknown.png
why should a player be punished for not answering alarms? maybe some players dont use alarms so just prepare themselves and their cities for their 'off times'. that is just 1 of many strategies available. Im sure plenty of people remember when there weren't even alarms.

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
why should a player be punished for not answering alarms? maybe some players dont use alarms so just prepare themselves and their cities for their 'off times'. that is just 1 of many strategies available. Im sure plenty of people remember when there weren't even alarms.

yes and then we logged in every 15-30 min to check if we are being attacked or not lol
at least now u know when u are being attacked so you can log in then, dont need to be on 24/7.

Hydna

Grepolis Team

unknown.png
No sim it and see if it works with what you think you killed.

MasterSpy

Chiliarch
yes and then we logged in every 15-30 min to check if we are being attacked or not lol
at least now u know when u are being attacked so you can log in then, dont need to be on 24/7.
some players rely on the alarm, others rely on moving units around and low moral if there is. it all depends if you want to or actually can use alarm. I managed to win a CQ world and a revolt world a few years back without even having app on my phone.

NutsNBoltz

Strategos
the point is it shouldn be more than that lmao. The stats should be set so that hit is like 3 or even 4 to one but whatever I guess smooth brains gonna smooth brain

listen just cause your brain is a quantum stabilized atom mirror does not mean you have any idea what you are talking about. OLU vs DLU are awful trades, honestly 2:1 for attacker is GREAT return and welcomed by many, as it should be. This thread has gone from a reason, to just "I WANT BETTER RETURNS ON MY LS NUKES BECAUSE I SAID SO" come now children, let's go to bed and leave the developers alone.

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
some players rely on the alarm, others rely on moving units around and low moral if there is. it all depends if you want to or actually can use alarm. I managed to win a CQ world and a revolt world a few years back without even having app on my phone.

not answering alarms and playing a supporting role is fine, no issues with that, but if you are on the front lines with enemy ally and their front line players you simply cant play like that or you will lose cities, best front line enemies harbor check you on hourly basis to see if they can sneak in a cs, so no bueno, but u can still win a world if you play a supportive role from safer zones nothing wrong with that.

MasterSpy

Chiliarch
not answering alarms and playing a supporting role is fine, no issues with that, but if you are on the front lines with enemy ally and their front line players you simply cant play like that or you will lose cities, best front line enemies harbor check you on hourly basis to see if they can sneak in a cs, so no bueno, but u can still win a world if you play a supportive role from safer zones nothing wrong with that.
i kind of disagree here. The BEST front line players dont hc hourly looking for an opening, that would be the MOST ACTIVE players. The BEST players get all the intel they need through several methods of which hc'ing is only one, and then get a CS in and support there before the defending player can do anything about it whether they are on or not.

This aside, the topic of this thread was about LS having too high a defensive value when in large numbers and behind a low moral. That is the stupidest thing ive heard in ages. The reasons for this have been mentioned by myself and many others including a mod so maybe it's time B2B finds something else to complain about.

Back2Basics

Chiliarch
i kind of disagree here. The BEST front line players dont hc hourly looking for an opening, that would be the MOST ACTIVE players. The BEST players get all the intel they need through several methods of which hc'ing is only one, and then get a CS in and support there before the defending player can do anything about it whether they are on or not.

This aside, the topic of this thread was about LS having too high a defensive value when in large numbers and behind a low moral. That is the stupidest thing ive heard in ages. The reasons for this have been mentioned by myself and many others including a mod so maybe it's time B2B finds something else to complain about.

i mean that's definitely one way to comprehend my stating that LS defensive stats should be in line with bireme offensive stats considering their other respective stat is identical...

regardless of whatever you're seeming to misconstrue it as doesn't change the fact that LS by nature are less than ideal to hunt in large numbers as one nuke can only clear 4. When compared with slingers, hoplites, or any other offensive unit being able to clear well over 4 offensive nukes of their own...

so, the issue lies in either LS offensive stats are too low in relativity to the rest of the offensive troop types, or LS have an uncharacteristically high defense relative to every other pure offensive unit in the game and should be adjusted to be brought in line with the rest of the game.

but you know, you can point at the morale thing as if it wasn't pure speculative in showing there's situations where LS can be used as effectively as biremes purely because their stats are out of line with where they should be.

honestly though, i shouldn't expect much from the player who was getting dunked on my Grepoholics Anonymous before Meme dropped on 136...