Grepolis Draft World 2.0

valoiz

Peltast
GREPOLIS DRAFT 2.0

If you were not aware, there was a previous run through of what was then the first draft world in US Grepolis(US80 Taras). Right now we are changing the rules of the old draft/making them better, as well as changing how teams are picked. If you are interested in joining this, please give a like, post your game name and join our Discord! https://discord.gg/KhHaeKgy

If we get enough people we can make this world a fun place, with no pacts, where everyone can play and meet new people... While actually being in a competitive world! The goal is to try and remove the hugging and mix it up with different team mates and bring nack some of that Grepo magic,

We will make a Poll on speed of world, end game, alliance cap etc very soon.

The more people we get the better!

After this our next project will be a world with Server vs Server!

https://us.forum.grepolis.com/index.php?threads/grepolis-draft-2-0.13020/

NutsNBoltz

Strategos
we tried this with global teams fighting on a server, was a speed 4 russian WW server. only we showed up and like 12 russian teams. I am curious on this draft tho, so I will pop in. shouldnt be done on US though, we should be bringing those smaller servers into EN

Corvidaan

Phrourach
Make it EN so that people don’t have to put up with dead US servers and night bonus and a fair few more people will be in.

You’ll also get more alliances dropping on the same world without even knowing it’s a draft world in EN.

Hell, even inno posted that graphic asking smaller servers like US to migrate to EN

NutsNBoltz

Strategos
Make it EN so that people don’t have to put up with dead US servers and night bonus and a fair few more people will be in.

You’ll also get more alliances dropping on the same world without even knowing it’s a draft world in EN.

Hell, even inno posted that graphic asking smaller servers like US to migrate to EN

100% agree there. good idea overall though, getting more people together always a good thing

StoryTime

Lochagos
You are new to grepolis if you think this idea would ever work. And you thought spies were bad on a normal basis, enjoy never posting sieges in forums or posting anything in discord.

NutsNBoltz

Strategos
You are new to grepolis if you think this idea would ever work. And you thought spies were bad on a normal basis, enjoy never posting sieges in forums or posting anything in discord.

while true that cheating and spies will be a problem, it doesn't mean it can't work. good teams bring and keep good players. the idea is more to gather people together to make a better game. any thoughts on how we can make this better?

Charlie if you recall us80, Taras, we’ve already done this once. And while spies and detractors were and are a real worry, I think many players from Taras would tell you that their playing experience in the drafted alliance was very enjoyable. Speaking personally, it was one of the more competitive worlds I’ve played in a while, and I met many players I enjoyed playing with very much.

In fact one of the biggest detractors of how enjoyable the last draft world was was that teams like JFL dropped outside of the draft. While it’s unavoidable that some teams like this will drop again, I’d encourage you and others to look at this as a chance to draw new blood for your teams going forward and to participate in the draft; I think you’d be surprised how much you enjoyed it. I’m happy to chat further about your worries if you’d like to reach out. LateBloomer#4363

kingpg28

Phrourach
just to let you know i was a top 5 pick in the winning alliance on the last draft world... i just decided not to play

Back2Basics

Chiliarch
I just got banned from this discord for saying bots are easy to play against, because apparently that makes me a botter. @valoiz is a coward and will ruin the attempt to create a draft server by being a mouth-breathing mongrel.

MartinusV

Hipparchus
just to let you know i was a top 5 pick in the winning alliance on the last draft world... i just decided not to play

Because the team know you would ghost by week 6 and they can eat your cities, let me guess kurbads was picked just ahead of you ;)