New World (Creating a Team)

BraindeadSan

Hipparchus
when was the last time bloods did anything worthwhile ? 2016? 2014?
honestly if u play revolt... there is like 1 or 2 premades that will dominate every world they drop on, in this case its fiasco or whatever premade hammer and other people from en133 want to make and thats if fiasco doesnt drop same world..
for conquest its only meme crushing without any doubt any other premade so whats the point of playing if u arent in those teams lol
When is the next premade?

John Erin

Hoplite
What is all this hate for golders - its just part of the game - you can top BP rankings without spending almost anything, you can bottom them as well. Nothing wrong in golding stuff. You cannot play properly without it, at least from time to time. Some very good golders and some pretty bad ones that you just provoke to have infinite amount of BPs. You are though labeling all golders as trash, which makes you the least objective persons in the world.

Last edited:

Red-Haired Shanks

Hipparchus
What is all this hate for golders - its just part of the game - you can top BP rankings without spending almost anything, you can bottom them as well. Nothing wrong in golding stuff. You cannot play properly without it, at least from time to time. Some very good golders and some pretty bad ones that you just provoke to have infinite amount of BPs. You are though labeling all golders as trash, which makes you the least objective persons in the world.

I gold as well i use it for Advisors and your right its very hard to play without a little gold. my problem has always been When someone has like 200k gold it gives them a big advantage at the start of the game i've seen one golder alliance play on i cant remember the world exactly but when we were having 1 or 2 cities when starting out they already had like 6 or 7 all built! so it is a problem :/

Also at Events its impossible to get a number 1 or even number 5 rank because the people that have a lot of gold always take the first place this is what i saw with my own Eyes on Pylos! so im giving a example from something i have seen its incredible hard.

Because someone has a lot of gold 100k 200k they are able to get a lot more rewards like troops/ships so on and its very hard to fight against them and not lose any cities, again i am just talking about something that i saw with my own eyes playing on Pylos 137!

Now Okay it does give them a Advantage but Yeah what can you do INNO is a Company and just like all Companies it has to make money i get it! :/

So we cant do anything about the Golding after all those Players that Buy a lot of Gold keep the game going right ? if no one bought anything Grepolis will be Closed the game wont be making any money.....

Okay...

But what we can do is this:

From Day 1 Drop in a World with a Premade of Experienced players,Strong players players who know the game.

Grow Fast! do everything in our power where when we get to a point where we are Close to Fighting someone that Mass Golds like Crazy we would be able to stop them, be a Challange to them and hopefully push them back.

Its very hard for a Team that doesn't Mass Gold now to win! like i have said i can tell you the names of 2 Alliances who have Won 30 World Each :/ and you have a lot of players leeching off them who wont do anything to stop them so on so on

Like it or not the game wont Survive on those 2 Alliances that Mass gold or 3-4 idk how many there are now

but if things dont change soon if more players dont join the game which will mean more Money for the game for Inno then i dont think Grepolis will last for much more.

Thats why we want to make the game more competitive, give someone who simple cant afford to buy 300k Gold a chance but can buy 30k or can trade 20k thats always been my Tops as well! but if i know someone can afford 300k then im not even going to spend anything or play that world just like many others.

BraindeadSan

Hipparchus
I gold as well i use it for Advisors and your right its very hard to play without a little gold. my problem has always been When someone has like 200k gold it gives them a big advantage at the start of the game i've seen one golder alliance play on i cant remember the world exactly but when we were having 1 or 2 cities when starting out they already had like 6 or 7 all built! so it is a problem :/

Also at Events its impossible to get a number 1 or even number 5 rank because the people that have a lot of gold always take the first place this is what i saw with my own Eyes on Pylos! so im giving a example from something i have seen its incredible hard.

Because someone has a lot of gold 100k 200k they are able to get a lot more rewards like troops/ships so on and its very hard to fight against them and not lose any cities, again i am just talking about something that i saw with my own eyes playing on Pylos 137!

Now Okay it does give them a Advantage but Yeah what can you do INNO is a Company and just like all Companies it has to make money i get it! :/

So we cant do anything about the Golding after all those Players that Buy a lot of Gold keep the game going right ? if no one bought anything Grepolis will be Closed the game wont be making any money.....

Okay...

But what we can do is this:

From Day 1 Drop in a World with a Premade of Experienced players,Strong players players who know the game.

Grow Fast! do everything in our power where when we get to a point where we are Close to Fighting someone that Mass Golds like Crazy we would be able to stop them, be a Challange to them and hopefully push them back.

Its very hard for a Team that doesn't Mass Gold now to win! like i have said i can tell you the names of 2 Alliances who have Won 30 World Each :/ and you have a lot of players leeching off them who wont do anything to stop them so on so on

Like it or not the game wont Survive on those 2 Alliances that Mass gold or 3-4 idk how many there are now

but if things dont change soon if more players dont join the game which will mean more Money for the game for Inno then i dont think Grepolis will last for much more.

Thats why we want to make the game more competitive, give someone who simple cant afford to buy 300k Gold a chance but can buy 30k or can trade 20k thats always been my Tops as well! but if i know someone can afford 300k then im not even going to spend anything or play that world just like many others.
Why worry about golders?? This game is about being active, teamwork and timing.

Marcus

Peltast
I dont hate players that gold I just dont think its productive to the game mechanics to allow unlimited gold. Yes I know the devs love it so they will never limit it. However that being said they dont realize how much it damages the balance of the game, fair play, and the ability to attract new members when new players are run out as others have said before by a pre made that lands next to them and has a 10k pt city on day one sitting next door. Rather intimidating, and if it was me I'd rather ghost than fight it, I certainly wouldnt spend at that level straight away to level the field.
Everyone spends to some degree playing without the advisers is pretty much suicide although I imagine there are some real hard core players that can do it. I'm not one of them. Thats a huge handicap. Being active and having great teamwork can overcome a lot of the gold advantage however when the golders are also good players its a very tough thing to overcome indeed and there are those that do combine both qualities.

I think there are answers to be had by talking out the problems with everyone the golders and non golders and coming to some middle ground.
After all if we dont find things that work for everyone we wont have a game that works at all and then no one wins. Just as in society if we dont compromise we can look across the street and see some of our best friends move out. Then what are we left with? So lets keep talking and keep realizing we are all in this together we love warring with each other and no we wont have a kumbaya moment and hug around the campfire but we can find a solution that takes care of most of the problems somehow if we keep at it and it will keep the lights on and us having fun.

Kosti

Phrourach
I dont hate players that gold I just dont think its productive to the game mechanics to allow unlimited gold. Yes I know the devs love it so they will never limit it. However that being said they dont realize how much it damages the balance of the game, fair play, and the ability to attract new members when new players are run out as others have said before by a pre made that lands next to them and has a 10k pt city on day one sitting next door. Rather intimidating, and if it was me I'd rather ghost than fight it, I certainly wouldnt spend at that level straight away to level the field.
Everyone spends to some degree playing without the advisers is pretty much suicide although I imagine there are some real hard core players that can do it. I'm not one of them. Thats a huge handicap. Being active and having great teamwork can overcome a lot of the gold advantage however when the golders are also good players its a very tough thing to overcome indeed and there are those that do combine both qualities.

I think there are answers to be had by talking out the problems with everyone the golders and non golders and coming to some middle ground.
After all if we dont find things that work for everyone we wont have a game that works at all and then no one wins. Just as in society if we dont compromise we can look across the street and see some of our best friends move out. Then what are we left with? So lets keep talking and keep realizing we are all in this together we love warring with each other and no we wont have a kumbaya moment and hug around the campfire but we can find a solution that takes care of most of the problems somehow if we keep at it and it will keep the lights on and us having fun.
man you have no clue how companies work do you? Imagine limiting the amount of money you are gonna make from in-game currency cause some people keep nagging about it.

Notmad

Hoplite
I feel like people are majorly using gold as a scapegoat for grepo going dead. I'd argue that the mobile alarm has had more of an effect than overgolding. Of course gold plays a big part but I don't think people realise that it has always been around, it has just been slightly buffed in recent years

Marcus

Peltast
man you have no clue how companies work do you? Imagine limiting the amount of money you are gonna make from in-game currency cause some people keep nagging about it.
That's where you're wrong. They are working on a model that doesnt exist in this industry. They think there is no competition but there is. There is plenty of competition for the gaming dollar and people are free to move about and try other games some of which cost a lot less than this game.
They act as monopolists and they are in one of the more free areas of the economy which is why their model doesn't work and hence they decline crash and burn very quickly. And FYI my degree field well you're completely wrong as usual making assumptions about people you know nothing about, haven't spoken with and haven't bothered to so much as ask anything about their education. Pretty ignorant statement. Then I'd expect that from someone that went to swine university, or attended no university at all probably didnt graduate high school, and doesnt leave mama's basement.

Last edited:

Marcus

Peltast
I feel like people are majorly using gold as a scapegoat for grepo going dead. I'd argue that the mobile alarm has had more of an effect than overgolding. Of course gold plays a big part but I don't think people realise that it has always been around, it has just been slightly buffed in recent years
Mobile alarm probably has had an affect on grepo falling apart as well. The use of the mobile alarm creates a problem for almost the entire player base. If you arent watching grepo tools like a hawk day and night to find a small window of opportunity to hit a player most likely they will catch the alarm and you will never get their city. I like almost everyone these days sleep with my phone under my pillow so I can catch those alarms only when my phone malfunctions do i miss one which does happen maybe 1 in 300 times. Thats probably enough for some of you to attack me 300 times in a row to try to catch that one time. But without alarms i think the game would return to a state where its much easier of course to hit each other and therefore in a sense a lot more fun. Even if we cant take the cities because most decent players log on enough to catch the travel times of CS's and the long revolt times before you can actually take a city to rebuld walls, restock DLU and make the city a nice bp factory.

bertie1969

Phrourach
marcus i think your being mis understood i think hes referring to the ones that spend hundreds of pounds a week on gold

Notmad

Hoplite
I kind of see where Marcus is coming from, their in game purchase system could be optimised and there is a lot of potential.

For example summer speed worlds. I think they discontinued them because the server couldnt handle it but if they can make it work it could be great. Obviously gold would not be feasible there so maybe there should be an entry fee to join it then you get 2 months of pure fast paced grepo

Furthermore, the instant complete has made gold very unbalanced compared to what it used to be, which is cuts time by 50%

But yeah mobile alarm broke the game

Oblivious Death

Hekatontarch
I kind of see where Marcus is coming from, their in game purchase system could be optimised and there is a lot of potential.

For example summer speed worlds. I think they discontinued them because the server couldnt handle it but if they can make it work it could be great. Obviously gold would not be feasible there so maybe there should be an entry fee to join it then you get 2 months of pure fast paced grepo

Furthermore, the instant complete has made gold very unbalanced compared to what it used to be, which is cuts time by 50%

But yeah mobile alarm broke the game

After 10 years, you'd think they'd be able to make servers that can handle that kind of speed for rare occasions.

Hard agree on that alarm part though.

1saaa

Strategos
Gold is only part of the grepo puzzle. You've got to look at other things as well to see why the game is fading.

Oblivious Death

Hekatontarch
Devs are the main reason. Even the oldest of roadmaps for Grepo never came to the game, and if they did, it would be like 1 or 2 things. Interface is over a decade old, spells and all that good stuff could use a rework with some buffs here and there. And special buildings need a complete overhaul. Besides baths and tower, I rarely ever touch the others.