Pre-World Icaria Discussion Thread

achillos

Hipparchus
The reason for moral is to curb your inability to manage your penchant from bullying much smaller players.
All worlds should be morale.
Whats wrong with you cry babies, howling for an easy button? The best wins in life are the ones where the odds are stacked against you.
Even in a game they will build character and make you stronger.
No wonder half of you weaklings use bots.

"WAAAHHH!!! my free lunch is not free enough!!!" Thats you.
Make the server NO alarm and I will happily crush all these "I need an easy button but Im so greats."

NOTE: Dont say no alarm cant be done because of outside McScripts. You just expose your ignorance in game creation/maintenance.
NOTE 2: Im PRO moral but I do agree it needs to be reworked a bit to make more sense.

Good settings. Morale isn't that big of a deal in conq so shouldn't make a difference.
Cq speed should be 6 hours for 5-6 speed worlds.
You are not really a looter ? Are you ? Indeed Morale active is perfect to protect the 221 pts guest cities ! They really need it . ROFL !

0ZZZ

Phrourach
@gkassimis Much respect for owning it. Credit given where credit is due. Not your fault I went off and you aint responsible for every idiot on the server begging for an easy button while simultaneously chanting "We are so great" either.

You're correct yes. Ozz is living in the past. He still drives diesel.
Damn straight my truck runs on petroleum. Electric cars are garbage and a detriment to freedom of movement, to public safety, and the environment. Come back in 50 years when the batteries aint half the weight of your car and dont explode into Flesh scorching fire ball on impact. Or at least stop bursting into flame for no apparent reason while parked in my garage.

Anyone who's played at a top level knows this is entirely untrue.
Morale was not invented for the intention of being used in sieges. It was to protect smaller f2p trashcans from the elites.

In its current form, morale is good and working as intended. And I do actually agree with you, that morale (in its current form) should be active in every world, to protect those above mentioned individuals.

LMD was purely a manipulated abuse of a game mechanic for teams who were too sloppy or unorganized to land and hold a CS properly, or to burn event flyers.

And hot take but anyone who chooses to LMD has 0 iq and can't manage more than 13 cities.

"Anyone who's played at a top level knows this is entirely untrue....."
Careful there. Your elitism is showing. Level of play is quite irrelevant when it comes to basic math or reason.
Claiming the designers smart enough to build this game were not smart enough to anticipate how this intended effect could be used is a bit of a stretch.
Claiming that they were too stupid to notice it all through Beta/test a bit absurd, but ok.
Claiming they let LMD run for 10 years without at least deeming it a game "feature" Proves you do not think before you hit enter.

"LMD was purely a manipulated abuse of a game mechanic..."
There you go with the...
"you are playing the game intelligently and that is wrong. You must play the game stupidly like me, or its not fair."

".....for teams who were too sloppy or unorganized to land and hold a CS properly,"
There's that elitism again. Were do you get off telling others how to play properly?

"And hot take but anyone who chooses to LMD has 0 iq and can't manage more than 13 cities."
LOLOLOLOLOLO God bless you. You just couldn't run your mouth without letting the truth slip. I love it :D
Sounds like some one is just bitter they were enjoying their napy nap time a bit too much and got their city ganked by an LMD from a smaller team. And all the caterwauling an puppy dog tears to your bloated alliance could not save you.

Your elitist attitude that there is an actual proper way to play this game is the exact attitude running it into the ground.

The last thing I cant abide, you implying you are a "top tier player." There are few seats at the top.
I can see one with @Shuri2060's name on it, @ErikWijmeersch on it, even my buddy @Virdian has a seat. But there is no such seat with a @Coreythep's name plate on it.
What have you done to earn a seat?

Last edited:

Corvidaan

Phrourach
Claiming the designers smart enough to build this game were not smart enough to anticipate how this intended effect could be used is a bit of a stretch.
Claiming that they were too stupid to notice it all through Beta/test a bit absurd, but ok.
tbf this is the same development team that let original release Ares make it through to the game.

0ZZZ

Phrourach
tbf this is the same development team that let original release Ares make it through to the game.
You left out the end of the quote. A bit more significant than the rest.
Claiming they let LMD run for 10 years without at least deeming it a game "feature" Proves you do not think before you hit enter.
And even the current development team did not take over 10 years to address Aries.

Also although possible I strongly doubt the original grepo development team has been retained in total and makes up the current development team.
The original grepo development team designed grepolis to be an always on hard core PVP game where gold expenditure only accounted for about 20% of your strength as opposed to, strategy,time,execution of tactics, and people skills.

Current grepo that balance has shifted wildly in favor of gold and people skills to the expense of all others.
Most game choices I have seen lately just crank the game quality down in the opposite direction of hard core.
You cant call a pvp game hard core that requires you to send a ticket with "Mother may I" on it to the mods every time you want to take an action that they might deem "not normal play."

Those two development teams do not seem the same to me.

gkassimis

Hipparchus
anyway i understand that some players dont have much time to dedicate playing grepo and morale is a way to protect them from players who have super fast growth, however morale should be implemented to slow speed worlds. to have such a speedy world and use morale is like buying a Ferrari with a 50 m/h speed limiter. i mean what is the point to build troops and send units so fast if you enter game 3 times per day?

MasterSpy

Chiliarch
Let's get back to basics and start using some common sense...This is a strategy game, hence 'manipulating' the rules and characteristics of the game is what it is all about. Players think they are hot shite because they can time to the second and I admit that is one way to win the game, but there are plenty others too. If we were to take gold out of the discussion for a second, how can a player grow? Either by spending resources to run festivals/plays or earn BP and use that to run processions. So lets talk about earning BP...

The easiest way to earn BP in a revolt world is stick a low moral players city in the middle of the enemy core and semi stack it. Just enough to make the enemy think they can get through but actually can't so it just becomes feeding time for the low moral players alliance. When LMD's still existed, the easiest way to earn BP in Conquest was land a LMD CS with enough support to withstand initial attacks and then gradually stack it while the enemy pointlessly keeps attacking the siege thinking they can break it but in reality never had a chance.

Both of these techniques require strategy and organization from the low moral player and his alliance. Some of the best players I have seen in this game are/were LMD's.

I can understand why some players dont want/like moral so they should also be catered for. However, having a moral world, no matter the speed yet making all sieges 100% moral is ridiculous. It should be all or nothing. Bring back LMD's in moral worlds while also having no moral worlds, plain and simple.

oiecanadienne

Chiliarch
Let's get back to basics and start using some common sense...This is a strategy game, hence 'manipulating' the rules and characteristics of the game is what it is all about. Players think they are hot shite because they can time to the second and I admit that is one way to win the game, but there are plenty others too. If we were to take gold out of the discussion for a second, how can a player grow? Either by spending resources to run festivals/plays or earn BP and use that to run processions. So lets talk about earning BP...

The easiest way to earn BP in a revolt world is stick a low moral players city in the middle of the enemy core and semi stack it. Just enough to make the enemy think they can get through but actually can't so it just becomes feeding time for the low moral players alliance. When LMD's still existed, the easiest way to earn BP in Conquest was land a LMD CS with enough support to withstand initial attacks and then gradually stack it while the enemy pointlessly keeps attacking the siege thinking they can break it but in reality never had a chance.

Both of these techniques require strategy and organization from the low moral player and his alliance. Some of the best players I have seen in this game are/were LMD's.

I can understand why some players dont want/like moral so they should also be catered for. However, having a moral world, no matter the speed yet making all sieges 100% moral is ridiculous. It should be all or nothing. Bring back LMD's in moral worlds while also having no moral worlds, plain and simple.

I’d argue that come mid game siege breaking is already close to non existent if not incredibly uncommon outside of the two major flyer events, Halloween and Easter

I don’t know that we need LMDs to make it even less common. I suppose the only argument that holds up is that small teams can use them, but most servers boil down into a one big team vs another about 1 month in because for some reason everybody is so absolutely horrified of losing that they jump ship the second something goes wrong

MasterSpy

Chiliarch
I’d argue that come mid game siege breaking is already close to non existent if not incredibly uncommon outside of the two major flyer events, Halloween and Easter

I don’t know that we need LMDs to make it even less common. I suppose the only argument that holds up is that small teams can use them, but most servers boil down into a one big team vs another about 1 month in because for some reason everybody is so absolutely horrified of losing that they jump ship the second something goes wrong
the exact reason why LMD's should be brought back. allow those small alliances to stay on their own and still have an impact on the world. It then just adds another aspect to diplomacy as these small alliances or LMD's can 'hire' themselves out to differing parties.

The las decent world with LMD's was 121 and that ended with 3 huge powers of which all were made up of several alliances that lasted the entire world. Unfortunately i was on the losing end of that world but it was definitely fun, interesting and way more entertaining than any moral world since.

So i repeat, make it all or nothing. Moral in all aspects of the world including sieges or No Moral at all, none of this half-half stuff.

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
anyone who thinks that LMD's were a good idea and way to play this game should be shoot.

and morale should be off for all worlds in general, it doesnt help anyone nor does it keep the new people playing the gamefor longer they get trashed fast one way or the other.

destroxxi

Phrourach
@gkassimis Much respect for owning it. Credit given where credit is due. Not your fault I went off and you aint responsible for every idiot on the server begging for an easy button while simultaneously chanting "We are so great" either.

Damn straight my truck runs on petroleum. Electric cars are garbage and a detriment to freedom of movement, to public safety, and the environment. Come back in 50 years when the batteries aint half the weight of your car and dont explode into Flesh scorching fire ball on impact. Or at least stop bursting into flame for no apparent reason while parked in my garage.

"Anyone who's played at a top level knows this is entirely untrue....."
Careful there. Your elitism is showing. Level of play is quite irrelevant when it comes to basic math or reason.

"LMD was purely a manipulated abuse of a game mechanic..."
There you go with the...
"you are playing the game intelligently and that is wrong. You must play the game stupidly like me, or its not fair."

".....for teams who were too sloppy or unorganized to land and hold a CS properly,"
There's that elitism again. Were do you get off telling others how to play properly?

"And hot take but anyone who chooses to LMD has 0 iq and can't manage more than 13 cities."
LOLOLOLOLOLO God bless you. You just couldn't run your mouth without letting the truth slip. I love it :D
Sounds like some one is just bitter they were enjoying their napy nap time a bit too much and got their city ganked by an LMD from a smaller team. And all the caterwauling an puppy dog tears to your bloated alliance could not save you.

Your elitist attitude that there is an actual proper way to play this game is the exact attitude running it into the ground.

The last thing I cant abide, you implying you are a "top tier player." There are few seats at the top.
I can see one with @Shuri2060's name on it, @ErikWijmeersch on it, even my buddy @Virdian has a seat. But there is no such seat with a @Coreythep's name plate on it.
What have you done to earn a seat?
Forgetting Shrawnar and Dirkiden.

Looking for a Premade for this world.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
We don't have an exact time or even a narrow range of time for when the world will open. All I can say is that it will open some time tomorrow during German office hours.

Golden Horn

Lochagos
We don't have an exact time or even a narrow range of time for when the world will open. All I can say is that it will open some time tomorrow during German office hours.

The last world that opened, I noticed it was done in shifts
- Romanian world opened earliest, then German an hour later
US world opened last

Is that the usual opening system oder kann es irgendzeitordnung los werden?

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Not really, worlds don't open in a particular order. Like we don't start with one server and then do another and so on.

Golden Horn

Lochagos
hmm, that's the order that it happened in last time
I shall get my large early breakfast coffee ready at 08:00 sharp (East European time)
and keep a lookout on RO DE EN + US