Top 12 Jack's Top 9 - 18/10

jack9r9

Hipparchus
I am equally as bored as gkas so I'll do my first one of these in almost in 10 years :)

Screen Shot 2022-10-17 at 3.25.37 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-10-17 at 3.17.27 PM.png

#1: Supreme Beach Girls (FLOAT) Solid and experienced roster with a few big golders. A bit of dead weight at the bottom. They have a good core in SE 54 and will most likely fight Marauders and then BZC or Bloodlust. Carebears doesn't seem like much of a threat to the north in 54, time will tell how fast they progress against the Marauders in eastern 44. There's also a chance NPFOM will move north into 54 to fight them which may serve as a distraction on the Marauders front.

#2: Marauders (SINK) Rather large MRA with 100 members and counting between them and their academy The Bench, a lot of which seem to be revolt players. Based almost entirely in 44, they will be tested by SBG, Storm, and possibly Carebears. After losing their eastern 44 cities, they'll then be pressured by Storm in northwest 44. They have established a nice core in north and northwest 44 which may give them some time but I don't see them lasting very high in the rankings much longer. They may stick around but not at a high level. Too much dead weight that won't contribute anything and lot of unalarmed players.

#3: Black Zone Crusade (FLOAT/SINK) Spawned late so core in deep south 45/55 border. Don't know much about this group. They will fight Bloodlust to the northwest in the coming week(s), already 0-1 losing a city to Bloodlust. They may also fight NPFOM depending on where they expand to, although I expect BZC to focus on their fronts with Bloodlust. After that the winner will move north to fight Marauders / SBG.

#4: No Place for Old Men (SWIM) Based on northern and central 55 they can either go north and fight SBG or go west and join the fight with Bloodlust and BZC. A few good players and they have time to expand and build so time will tell.

#5: Bloodlust (SWIM) Fighting BZC in 45, currently 1-0 but obviously very early. Again only know a few players in this group.

#6: Carebears (SINK) Some decent players but too spread out and lots of dead weight which will be eaten by all the alliances around them. They'll retain their distant core islands and have time to establish a base but I don't see them keeping many of their cities near the core. I do see them sticking around for some time.

#7: Storm (SWIM) Will not comment as is my own alliance - experienced smaller group based in 44. Hopefully we'll last longer than a week
smiley-emoticons-lol.gif
@gkassimis

#8: Fear (SINK) Too many rock islands in a dom world. Decent core but spread out besides that and not a lot of active players. Have also lost one city to Marauders.

#9: The Bench (SINK) Extension of the Marauders.

Clas17

Hipparchus
Respect to anyone who dedicate some of his time to write a top 10 even if i disagree with the facts and predictions
yeah, its always nice to read a SinkSwim and I also value him for doing this. I am just not sure if he is being serious or not

jack9r9

Hipparchus
I'm clearly very behind compared to gkas so here goes an update as requested :) I won't lie, this is pretty similar to gkas' latest Top 10 analysis but i'm bored so happy to give a somewhat different perspective.

#1: Supreme Spammer Girls (SWIM): Solid and experienced roster with a few big golders as said previously. A bit of dead weight at the bottom (to clarify from initial post this is not due to skill, but lack of activity). They have a very solid core in SE 54 as well as on the 44/54 border. They've proven to be the favorite at this point, and have done somewhat well against their remaining enemies after tearing through CareBears (also worth mentioning they have not really lost a city to an enemy, grepointel tells otherwise with a Merry Mutineers loss but I wouldn't count that CQ for many reasons). Also #1 in all fighting point categories. Time will tell whether they move towards fighting Bloodlust and BZC in 45/55 or focus on securing their core in eastern 44. Not much of an update from last time, but they've done about as well as I'd expected. Will certainly be around til end game, and I will admit giving them a float label initially was naïve.

Even being the world favorite, they've resolved to recruiting a few key spammers in the past week instead of playing clean against their enemies.

ABP RANK: 1
DBP RANK: 1
FP RANK: 1

#2 + #5: Black Zone Crusade (SINK/FLOAT): Obviously some big names here, as well as solid players. Their two alliances combined technically lead the world in points, but they've already shown to need to eat quite a few internals as a result. Also worth mentioning that SBG would lead in fighting points even if you combine the two alliances' scores. They are bordering on MRA status (if not there), and I expect them to lose their war with Bloodlust as they were losing cities fast prior to the start of the event. However, Lost's increase in activity will be a very big boost to their fronts. Time will tell what happens here.

Counting top alliance only for these bp ranks

ABP RANK: 4
DBP RANK: 2
FP RANK: 4

#3: Storm (SWIM) (my alliance): Thankfully STORM have done somewhat well, only losing a couple cities to their enemies SBG, and none within the last week. (Don't ask who lost one of those cities though
smiley-emoticons-lol.gif
). Obviously as this is my alliance I expect us to last til end game, continuing the fight with SBG in eastern 44 while also solidifying a core in the rest of 44. Whether that will be easy or not depends on how much of SBG's focus will be towards expanding towards Bloodlust and BZC. Moved from rank 7 to 3 since my last post, picking up players from the now defunct Marauders and Carebears and holding ground for the most part.

ABP RANK: 3
DBP RANK: 4
FP RANK: 3

#4: Bloodlust (SWIM): As we predicted they have climbed the ranks quite quickly and continue to dominate in their war with BZC (although put on hold due to event). They are also the second best in fighting points, the rank that really matters, so don't let their #4 point status fool you. Also expect them to last til endgame and they have proven to be a very solid team. Don't expect any more big moves until event ends, but afterwards I see them continuing their domination in CQs of BZC. Not much else to say other than expecting them to fight SBG later on in the world.

ABP RANK: 2
DBP RANK: 3
FP RANK: 2

#5-#9 don't seem worth mentioning as they are clearly out of the competition and I'm too lazy for that (sorry guys).

Graveyard:

Marauders / The Bench: Collapsed even quicker than I expected, although I'm not surprised and probably should have foreseen that. Best players have been picked up by STORM and Bloodlust.

No Place For Old Men: Dissolved and players merged into other alliances or left the world. Will say this was somewhat of a surprise but not a huge one. Wish they had stuck around as we now seem to have just 4 competitive alliances left.

Carebears: Was only a matter of time, with pressure from SBG from the east and STORM in the rest of 44 they didn't stand much of a chance. Many have been eaten, others ghosted, and their best players have joined SBG or STORM.

Last edited:

MartinusV

Hipparchus
I'm clearly very behind compared to gkas so here goes an update as requested :) I won't lie, this is pretty similar to gkas' latest Top 10 analysis but i'm bored so happy to give a somewhat different perspective.

#1: Supreme Beach Girls (SWIM): Solid and experienced roster with a few big golders as said previously. A bit of dead weight at the bottom (to clarify from initial post this is not due to skill, but lack of activity). They have a very solid core in SE 54 as well as on the 44/54 border. They've proven to be the favorite at this point, and have done somewhat well against their remaining enemies after tearing through CareBears (also worth mentioning they have not really lost a city to an enemy, grepointel tells otherwise with a Merry Mutineers loss but I wouldn't count that CQ for many reasons). Also #1 in all fighting point categories. Time will tell whether they move towards fighting Bloodlust and BZC in 45/55 or focus on securing their core in eastern 44. Not much of an update from last time, but they've done about as well as I'd expected. Will certainly be around til end game, and I will admit giving them a float label initially was naïve.

ABP RANK: 1
DBP RANK: 1
FP RANK: 1

#2 + #5: Black Zone Crusade (SINK/FLOAT): Obviously some big names here, as well as solid players. Their two alliances combined technically lead the world in points, but they've already shown to need to eat quite a few internals as a result. Also worth mentioning that SBG would lead in fighting points even if you combine the two alliances' scores. They are bordering on MRA status (if not there), and I expect them to lose their war with Bloodlust as they were losing cities fast prior to the start of the event. However, Lost's increase in activity will be a very big boost to their fronts. Time will tell what happens here.

Counting top alliance only for these bp ranks

ABP RANK: 4
DBP RANK: 2
FP RANK: 4

#3: Storm (SWIM) (my alliance): Thankfully STORM have done somewhat well, only losing a couple cities to their enemies SBG, and none within the last week. (Don't ask who lost one of those cities though
smiley-emoticons-lol.gif
). Obviously as this is my alliance I expect us to last til end game, continuing the fight with SBG in eastern 44 while also solidifying a core in the rest of 44. Whether that will be easy or not depends on how much of SBG's focus will be towards expanding towards Bloodlust and BZC. Moved from rank 7 to 3 since my last post, picking up players from the now defunct Marauders and Carebears and holding ground for the most part.

ABP RANK: 3
DBP RANK: 4
FP RANK: 3

#4: Bloodlust (SWIM): As we predicted they have climbed the ranks quite quickly and continue to dominate in their war with BZC (although put on hold due to event). They are also the second best in fighting points, the rank that really matters, so don't let their #4 point status fool you. Also expect them to last til endgame and they have proven to be a very solid team. Don't expect any more big moves until event ends, but afterwards I see them continuing their domination in CQs of BZC. Not much else to say other than expecting them to fight SBG later on in the world.

ABP RANK: 2
DBP RANK: 3
FP RANK: 2

#5-#9 don't seem worth mentioning as they are clearly out of the competition and I'm too lazy for that (sorry guys).

Graveyard:

Marauders / The Bench: Collapsed even quicker than I expected, although I'm not surprised and probably should have foreseen that. Best players have been picked up by STORM and Bloodlust.

No Place For Old Men: Dissolved and players merged into other alliances or left the world. Will say this was somewhat of a surprise but not a huge one. Wish they had stuck around as we now seem to have just 4 competitive alliances left.

Carebears: Was only a matter of time, with pressure from SBG from the east and STORM in the rest of 44 they didn't stand much of a chance. Many have been eaten, others ghosted, and their best players have joined SBG or STORM.
SBG top 2 have more ABP than the world has DBP (don't take it literal Karens). So don't judge based on bp only - it's like they get BP from thin air!!!!!!!