New Hybrid App - Bug reporting and feedback

Hydna

Grepolis Team
Please post here if you are still having any issues at all, including with the alarm, with loading, with the app not starting. Please state the exact nature of the issue with details of the device you are using. If you do not wish to use the forum please send a ticket via settings/support in game.

If there is other feedback in terms of areas to improve please also post.

Thanks.

Clas17

Hipparchus
Why does the Hybrid App always kick you out and you have to log in every time you open it? It isnt like that with the old app. Is that affecting the app to send delayed pings as well?

BadDecisions

Hipparchus
The hybrid just doesn't seem to have been designed for mobile use. The biggest issue is the size, it's difficult to click on things. When you click it should pop out into a new screen and allow a better view. It has hover over like the website which makes this difficult to select by holding down, not really a design used on mobile apps.
Trying to select the commands on the administrator menu is almost impossible.
The farming villages screen is very difficult to use.
Everything seems slow and if you are trying to react fast in game even basic functions are difficult when it takes 10 attempts to close a screen.

Appears to have very little accessibility functions.

I'm not that old, I don't have sausage fingers and yet it's painful to use.

I appreciate the technology of the old app is out of date, but if you are moving across, given the market for mobile gaming apps, surely this needs attention to get an app that is user friendly and will encourage new players and stop existing ones leaving.

Hydna

Grepolis Team
Why does the Hybrid App always kick you out and you have to log in every time you open it? It isnt like that with the old app. Is that affecting the app to send delayed pings as well?
The hybrid app works on face recognition or similar so if you activate that on your phone you should stay logged in.

Hydna

Grepolis Team
The hybrid just doesn't seem to have been designed for mobile use. The biggest issue is the size, it's difficult to click on things. When you click it should pop out into a new screen and allow a better view. It has hover over like the website which makes this difficult to select by holding down, not really a design used on mobile apps.
Trying to select the commands on the administrator menu is almost impossible.
The farming villages screen is very difficult to use.
Everything seems slow and if you are trying to react fast in game even basic functions are difficult when it takes 10 attempts to close a screen.

Appears to have very little accessibility functions.

I'm not that old, I don't have sausage fingers and yet it's painful to use.

I appreciate the technology of the old app is out of date, but if you are moving across, given the market for mobile gaming apps, surely this needs attention to get an app that is user friendly and will encourage new players and stop existing ones leaving.
Yes I agree we are trying to ensure this is user friendly. There is a zoom function that is supposed to help with size. Have you tried that?

BadDecisions

Hipparchus
Yes I agree we are trying to ensure this is user friendly. There is a zoom function that is supposed to help with size. Have you tried that?
Yes but when i zoom it, it seems to move to fast then as you try to move. It would be good when you open something eg Senate then that fills the screen. Some windows like attack planner would be good to still have available for multiple screens showing but for most part when you open one, you just want that screen.

if the navigation was all made a bit bigger.

It would be good to have an overview of spells, I find this useful on old app to see quickly what is running. Having to hold over each spell in turn takes a lot of time.

Hydna

Grepolis Team
Yes but when i zoom it, it seems to move to fast then as you try to move. It would be good when you open something eg Senate then that fills the screen. Some windows like attack planner would be good to still have available for multiple screens showing but for most part when you open one, you just want that screen.

if the navigation was all made a bit bigger.

It would be good to have an overview of spells, I find this useful on old app to see quickly what is running. Having to hold over each spell in turn takes a lot of time.
Thank you this is very helpful. I have passed these comments on.

Clas17

Hipparchus
The hybrid app works on face recognition or similar so if you activate that on your phone you should stay logged in.
so if your phone doesnt have face unlock then you will get signed out? If by similar you mean fingerprint and so on then it is not working as intended. Thanks

Hydna

Grepolis Team
so if your phone doesnt have face unlock then you will get signed out? If by similar you mean fingerprint and so on then it is not working as intended. Thanks
Would you raise a ticket please with the details of your device and the technology you are able to use e.g fingerprint to open your phone and I can check this with the devs.

Hydna

Grepolis Team
Also will there be a possibility to play horizontally as well? I believe it is a problem for many to rotate the phone during the day (playing one handed for example)
Our devs are aware that it is something players would like but for now the only option is landscape and you will need to adapt to this.

mmagnusson

Peltast
As a fellow developer I understand the plight of having to maintain old software, so migrating to a new app in itself isn't a bad idea.
However it seems like the hybrid app isn't an app at all, but simply the browser version that's been fitted to a phone screen. The UI is not at all optimized for mobile screens, zooming around is awkward and not good UX design, and some buttons just are naturally so small that even on max zoom they are a pain to reliably click. The benefit of the old app was that it actually functioned as an app - it was clearly designed with the small screen it would be displayed on in mind with decently large font sizes, minimal fluff, and UX that made sense on a touchscreen.
I think that you're going to need to put a bit of effort into accessibility and actually designing a mobile-friendly interface for the hybrid app that provides tangible benefit over just opening your site in a browser, because as it stands I think I'd much prefer staying on the classic app despite it becoming unsupported.

Erato

Taxiarch
Many people complaining from not working attack alarm, yet nothing is done. Probably the most useful and important feature not working.
I really don't understand why inno is trying to destroy grepo so hard.

BadDecisions

Hipparchus
As a fellow developer I understand the plight of having to maintain old software, so migrating to a new app in itself isn't a bad idea.
However it seems like the hybrid app isn't an app at all, but simply the browser version that's been fitted to a phone screen. The UI is not at all optimized for mobile screens, zooming around is awkward and not good UX design, and some buttons just are naturally so small that even on max zoom they are a pain to reliably click. The benefit of the old app was that it actually functioned as an app - it was clearly designed with the small screen it would be displayed on in mind with decently large font sizes, minimal fluff, and UX that made sense on a touchscreen.
I think that you're going to need to put a bit of effort into accessibility and actually designing a mobile-friendly interface for the hybrid app that provides tangible benefit over just opening your site in a browser, because as it stands I think I'd much prefer staying on the classic app despite it becoming unsupported.

If I could triple thumbs this I would. It does seem to underpin most of the issues that it's not really a mobile app.

Hydna

Grepolis Team
Many people complaining from not working attack alarm, yet nothing is done. Probably the most useful and important feature not working.
I really don't understand why inno is trying to destroy grepo so hard.
We are working hard to fix this and we hope there will be a solution by next week.

meng26

Phrourach
This is screenshot from browser. This scrolling option is NOT available in the app.
Sent a ticket to support 3 weeks ago and was assured developers are aware of this issue and that it will be fixed.

Guess not. It becomes a problem when one gets more than say 30 cities.

5f214d4e18ea2832533f630af5dcac4d.png

meng26

Phrourach
Our devs are aware that it is something players would like but for now the only option is landscape and you will need to adapt to this.
I adapted to this by reverting to old ways, i.e.
using the classic app + phone browser for whatever the app can't do.
There is no compelling reason for me to switch to the hybrid app, it did not make any element of gameplay any easier.