Pre-World Nero Discussion Thread

Shock

Chiliarch
Lol I suppose I like playing them because you can enjoy the world for longer and have a better chance of doing well because you have the time to catch up to the big spenders. I do not spend money
No. It’s WAY easier to be f2p on fast worlds because when someone golds out a nuke, it only saves like 8 hours instead of 5 days. Big spenders will spend either way - faster speeds allow f2p players to not fall as far behind.

As for enjoying the world longer — ya got me there, I haven’t had to play a world for over 2-3 months in quite a while lol - could spend longer but when the world is dead, why play :shrug:

archdude

Phrourach
Anyone making a premade day 1? Please lemme know, I'm thinking of playing the server, at least it's slow enough that I won't have to stay glued to screen.

Also, we don't have a world chat for this upcoming server?

Last edited:

MartinusV

Hipparchus
In general I hesitate to announce world settings too far ahead of time as things might change and we might not get the settings promised. So were we to say the next world is going to be high speed conquest but then I get told we need to have a speed 3 conquest it means I need to walk back the promise of those early announced settings.

So the next world will likely be a fast speed world but settings aren't picked out this far ahead of time so I can't say with certainty.
right but we dont and wouldnt want second hand announcements based on speculation obviously. so those who dictate to you plan the settings in advance and then you tell us.

plus the changes would be what, alliance cap?, conq/rev duration?, trade speed?. so long as the main setting is announced and end game i think we will get over 60 cap to 45.

there are worlds closing where players have built up friendships and would likely play together again in a similar world. if they know 1 is coming up they have reason to see out their current world or know when to come back.

Zarun-

Strategos
US server has 5/5 no morale revolt, opened 2 days ago. I'm surprised more of you aren't there instead here whining about this server's settings.

I just logged in and I only recognize 2 names out of 200ish and neither is a poster from this thread.

Shock

Chiliarch
Why is having morale so bad?
Because it punishes people that play well. On en146 I started day 1, when I was at like 500k points, some people that also started day one were only at like 80k. Should I be punished by having reduced morale just because they suck and I'm better than them?

In my opinion morale should be designed around the fact that newer players to the world that need some help catching up so they don't get slaughtered immediately. I think morale should be active for around a month when a player joins, and after that time, morale no longer applies to the player -- in a month they should have enough cities to defend themselves, it's really not fair to people that grind the game (or really anyone) to have 20%+ reduced attack on some guy that's been turtling and not growing for 3 months.

bertie1969

Phrourach
i have a few comments on relating to the ignored polls

one why bother running them if just going to ignore them
two if the votes come back speed 5 every time thats clearly what people want to play

i for one wont be voting again

EsQuuZmiii

Hekatontarch
I guess all worlds cant be just fast ones... then you split fast world fans in two or more pieces... and then it means less populated worlds...

then again i heard that latest poll was FOR fast conq world... if im not wrong... so 150 (now we know its revolt) or 151 should be fast conq world.

BUT i have a feeling that 151 will be slow conq world.

Because it punishes people that play well. On en146 I started day 1, when I was at like 500k points, some people that also started day one were only at like 80k. Should I be punished by having reduced morale just because they suck and I'm better than them?

In my opinion morale should be designed around the fact that newer players to the world that need some help catching up so they don't get slaughtered immediately. I think morale should be active for around a month when a player joins, and after that time, morale no longer applies to the player -- in a month they should have enough cities to defend themselves, it's really not fair to people that grind the game (or really anyone) to have 20%+ reduced attack on some guy that's been turtling and not growing for 3 months.

Imo morale only ever served one effective purpose in terms of balancing. Which was low morale drivers. Which Inno decided we’d only get LMDs worlds and then decided we’d never get LMD worlds. Which basically sums up 95% of their decisions for this game.

Newer players by and large will get slaughtered regardless of game mechanics by 13 years in, there’s no real environment that can be created where they can play on similar skill levels. Inno probably has its best damage control solution in Heph blessing, but has chosen to ignore it.