Pre-World Nero Discussion Thread

Myrddin Emyrs

Phrourach
Heps blessing inno did it once after that nada, what a croc of ****. Why do it the once and not do it again was it because folk weren't spending as much

Reimu Hakurei

Chiliarch
Imo morale only ever served one effective purpose in terms of balancing. Which was low morale drivers. Which Inno decided we’d only get LMDs worlds and then decided we’d never get LMD worlds. Which basically sums up 95% of their decisions for this game.

Newer players by and large will get slaughtered regardless of game mechanics by 13 years in, there’s no real environment that can be created where they can play on similar skill levels. Inno probably has its best damage control solution in Heph blessing, but has chosen to ignore it.
I'm not really a conquest player but ive played some worlds, isnt LMD just a dogshit mechanic no matter the context? I think everyone was pleased to see it gone.
And saying that morale served only LMD as a purpose is very ignorant, it affects the game in many more ways (especially tames down golders) and helps noobs who have 1 city after beginners protection not get slaughtered by someone who has 5 cities out of protection on speed 2 because they have 50% morale. They still can get slaughtered but may get ignored because of 60% morale and big guys will fight big guys instead of the small guys.
What shock said about improving morale is what I 100% agree with, there should be another condition that affects the morale and that is the amount of time spent on a world.

Reimu Hakurei

Chiliarch
Heps blessing inno did it once after that nada, what a croc of ****. Why do it the once and not do it again was it because folk weren't spending as much
I think its because the chain of command that decides on what happens and what doesnt happen is very uninterested in the game, community managers should have more power if the one dev that works on grepolis every other saturday is busy

I'm not really a conquest player but ive played some worlds, isnt LMD just a dogshit mechanic no matter the context? I think everyone was pleased to see it gone.
And saying that morale served only LMD as a purpose is very ignorant, it affects the game in many more ways (especially tames down golders) and helps noobs who have 1 city after beginners protection not get slaughtered by someone who has 5 cities out of protection on speed 2 because they have 50% morale. They still can get slaughtered but may get ignored because of 60% morale and big guys will fight big guys instead of the small guys.
What shock said about improving morale is what I 100% agree with, there should be another condition that affects the morale and that is the amount of time spent on a world.

Just my opinion but yes and no. I have a love-hate relationship with it. On one hand, it can level a playing field and make it harder on people golding out nukes. On the other hand, I’ve seen alliances carry 8+ Lmds and do mostly lmd conqs. But if you did pick up one or two good ones and had good team work. You could reshape a world really quickly.

As far as my views on morale being ignorant. I played 12 years. Never really seen it work as supposed to in most cases. Even in the scenario you laid out, you still essentially follow it up with “they can still get slaughtered but they may not”. Its pretty useless. Though I agree it should be improved. But considering the state of the game, and sheer decline in players since 2019, I think reworking morale is probably not on the radar anymore.