Closed Hera's Quiz

Hydna

Grepolis Team
Greetings Players,

Answer our 15 questions to win Gold. We have 3 x 2000 for the highest scores. In the event that there is a tie the reward(s) will be allocated randomly or split whichever makes the most sense depending on the numbers involved. There will also be some surprise tokens for players who provide a funny version or offer particularly enlightening answers.

The competition closes on 5th April at 9am.

1. If you have 4 cities with temples at levels 25, 25, 11 and 10 and 2 of those cities have divine statues how much favor will you generate per hour assuming no additional enhancements? 2 points.

2. What are the requirements to build a cave?

3. What level academy do you need for temple looting?

4. What is the best unit to kill slingers?

5. If I have 2000 biremes sent as support to my city and 400 biremes that belong to that city and are stationed there, how many of those biremes benefit from:
a) Phalanx
b) Improved Defence 5%
c) Battering ram

6. What is my favourite colour?

7. Any CS city may be used to conquer a city placed under revolt by a given player. However, the city must have Revolt researched. Answer True or false?

8. What should you do if your city has a blue revolt? (Panic is not the answer).

9. If I join an alliance at the same time as WW begin, how long until I can cast favor to reduce the upgrade time?

10. Whose head did Perseus cut off? Why did he do this?

11. How old was Alexander the great when he died? When did this happen?

12. What is the choice of rewards for the quest ‘Breaking from the Past’.

13. Is there any benefit to building a fireship?

14. If Flavius was 31 when his son was 8 and he is now twice as old as his son, how old is his son now?

15. A Minotaur stands at the base of Olympus tied to a 3 metre rope. 5 metres behind the Minotaur is a basket filled with chocolate eggs. The Minotaur is able to eat from the basket whenever he likes. How is this possible?

/22

Hydna

Grepolis Team
Mmm some interesting joke entries and a few real ones - not so many real ones though is this defeating you?

Hydna

Grepolis Team
Ok comp closed.

Answers:

1. If you have 4 cities with temples at levels 25, 25, 11 and 10 and 2 of those cities have divine statues how much favor will you generate per hour assuming no additional enhancements? 2 points.

Ans:
= Game speed(1) x (square root of (2x25 +10+11 + 2x5))

= Game speed(1) x (square root of 81)

= Game speed(1) x 9

= 1 x 9 = 9 favor per hour

2. What are the requirements to build a cave?
Ans:
  1. Senate level 10
  2. Warehouse level 7
  3. Market place level 4
3. What level academy do you need for temple looting?

Ans: 31

4. What is the best unit to kill slingers?

Ans : In defence swords. when attacking other slingers.
Also accepted in defence spartoi and cerberi and when attacking erynies and ladons

5. If I have 2000 biremes sent as support to my city and 400 biremes that belong to that city and are stationed there, how many of those biremes benefit from:
a) Phalanx
b) Improved Defence 5%
c) Battering ram

Ans:
a) 0 Phalanx does not impact naval
b) all/2400
c) all/2400

6. What is my favourite colour?

Well here i accepted all but its actually pale green! The colour of witch eyes!

7. Any CS city may be used to conquer a city placed under revolt by a given player. However, the city must have Revolt researched. Answer True or false?

Ans: False

8. What should you do if your city has a blue revolt? (Panic is not the answer).

Ans: I accepted anything related to general actions like tell your alliance/build walls plan a snipe etc. Obviously I did not accept 'panic'

9. If I join an alliance at the same time as WW begin, how long until I can cast favor to reduce the upgrade time?

Ans: 72 hours

10. Whose head did Perseus cut off? Why did he do this?

Ans: The gorgon Medusa. Why? Perseus desired to marry Andromeda, who had been promised to marry Phineus. As Perseus and Andromeda were to be married, Phineus attempted to fight Perseus. Perseus used the head of Medusa to turn Phineus into stone.

11. How old was Alexander the great when he died? When did this happen?

At the risk of setting @Corvidaan off (I don't need an essay): 32. June 323. No one suggested anything else but I accept that this far back there will be conflicting sources.

12. What is the choice of rewards for the quest ‘Breaking from the Past’.

Ans: Coins of war and improved favor production, Coins of wisdom and hoplites

13. Is there any benefit to building a fireship?

Ans: Personally I don't but any ans that was valid is ok. E.G they kill 1:1 and are less costly than ls.

14. If Flavius was 31 when his son was 8 and he is now twice as old as his son, how old is his son now?
Ans: 23

15. A Minotaur stands at the base of Olympus tied to a 3 metre rope. 5 metres behind the Minotaur is a basket filled with chocolate eggs. The Minotaur is able to eat from the basket whenever he likes. How is this possible?

Ans: the rope is not tied to anything.

Winners will be posted shortly.

Hydna

Grepolis Team
Winners: With all correct 23/23 2000 gold each
@Sorin Markov
@Imperial Sceptre
@green8

Players who submitted spoof ans all manti II:
@Corvidaan
@Nakierza
@thewilsh - especially good ans for 6 so bonus added

Extra bonus to:
@Sorin Markov and @Tomster36 for their detailed ans to 12 the only 2 that covered everything although i gave 2/2 if players got the rewards

I will add the gold but if you have a bonus message me saying the world you want this in. It is possible to specify an alternative account that belongs to you if required.

Thanks to all who participated.

Last edited: