Limit Gold spending

Antigenes

Hoplite
Game is different than few years ago when I last played and now it is worse. Now gold spenders completely own the game and us others who still pay for advisors and sometimes gold some wall levels are in game only for their amusement. I suppose that it looks spectacular when that bunch spends few hundred USD or EUR each when new world starts but after that they only make smaller spenders and everyone quit and end playing. In my opinion only 10 of them can rule a world like Nero where I'm playing. Concentrate on advertising more and limit gold spending because it is killing the game.

Please consider few things:

-limit gold spending clicks to 5 or max 10 per hour.
-set antitimer from -10 secs, + 10 secs to -5 secs, +5 secs because current big jumps make a little sense.
-from when we got a phone app everyone is expecting that you will jump from your sleep at 3am to do something against a coming attack which also makes many players quit and they never return. Sorry, people, be happy that I spend 2 hours on average per day for game and up to 2-3h more when there are ops going on, I won't be waking up because of a game. I have a 8h job, I need my rest.
-make a daily vacation time where everyone picks his 8h daily vacation interval when he could not get attacked. In that time building and training would go on as before, only attacks would not be landing.

This is my last, third time in this game. I don't know if I will make it to the end of Nero because it is becoming absurd. Some golder was having less than 20 min before my hit and he miraculously conjured up a full def stack from nothing (with nobody able to aid him so fast). Thank you, I won't be returning. I can have my fun elsewhere.

Last edited:

Shock

Chiliarch
Wtf, how the hell does the antitimer have anything to do with this

Antitimer is fine as it is, there's plenty of guides out there showing people how to time if needed, it's not that hard to do, that would lower the skill ceiling in the game a considerable amount

Alarms - you can turn them off, who cares

Daily VM - super easily abused, takes a lot of the war of the war game out

Golding troops -- while slightly annoying, you can just attack them in 5 minute intervals after they've definitely golded something to gold lock them so they can't gold

Antigenes

Hoplite
"you can just attack them in 5 minute intervals after they've definitely golded something to gold lock them so they can't gold"

Please translation of this into english. Ok, I can attack them every five minutes with what if I'm not also golding troops?

Ok, game is fine. Number of players is big and ever growing.

Either night time or gold clicking limiting or game will die out. Those few "superplayers" can play among themselves.

Antitimer is only added, it has nothing to do with gold abuse. Yes, yes, I can repeat attacks for half an hour to get decent time.

bugeyes10

Phrourach
"you can just attack them in 5 minute intervals after they've definitely golded something to gold lock them so they can't gold"

Please translation of this into english. Ok, I can attack them every five minutes with what if I'm not also golding troops?

Ok, game is fine. Number of players is big and ever growing.

Either night time or gold clicking limiting or game will die out. Those few "superplayers" can play among themselves.

Antitimer is only added, it has nothing to do with gold abuse. Yes, yes, I can repeat attacks for half an hour to get decent time.
sounds like a skill issue to me

Internets

Hoplite
Game is different than few years ago when I last played and now it is worse. Now gold spenders completely own the game and us others who still pay for advisors and sometimes gold some wall levels are in game only for their amusement. I suppose that it looks spectacular when that bunch spends few hundred USD or EUR each when new world starts but after that they only make smaller spenders and everyone quit and end playing. In my opinion only 10 of them can rule a world like Nero where I'm playing. Concentrate on advertising more and limit gold spending because it is killing the game.

Please consider few things:

-set antitimer from -10 secs, + 10 secs to -5 secs, +5 secs because current big jumps make a little sense.
-from when we got a phone app everyone is expecting that you will jump from your sleep at 3am to do something against a coming attack which also makes many players quit and they never return. Sorry, people, be happy that I spend 2 hours on average per day for game and up to 2-3h more when there are ops going on, I won't be waking up because of a game. I have a 8h job, I need my rest.
-make a daily vacation time where everyone picks his 8h daily vacation interval when he could not get attacked. In that time building and training would go on as before, only attacks would not be landing.

This is my last, third time in this game. I don't know if I will make it to the end of Nero because it is becoming absurd. Some golder was having less than 20 min before my hit and he miraculously conjured up a full def stack from nothing (with nobody able to aid him so fast). Thank you, I won't be returning. I can have my fun elsewhere.
Hey, thank you for your input. I am glad to see someone finally has the honesty towards the game and themselves to give such an inspired assessment of the current situation. Too long excuses have been made but it is time for Inno to finally turn the tables to protect their (great) legacy.

That being said, I do have a few suggestions:
- instead of gold, why not make grepolis a one time purchase? The core issue here is of the spending differential. What if you make the base game better and recuperate lost income from gold through wider game sales?
- in the interest of adding a new layer of depth and immersion to the game, I suggest adding realistic needs to cities. These include: water, sewage treatment, food, law and order, health, and education.
- convert gold to an in game obtainable currency which you can use to build new buildings within your polis.
- expand population mechanics which allow citizens to choose professions, populations to grow, age and die, to offer a more comprehensive set of rewards and consequences for dealing with a (thus far) shallow population system.
- allow you to choose tax rate which will determine your in game currency (gold) income
- install upkeep mechanics for buildings and services which eat away at your regular tax income.
- remove the combat system altogether and make founding the only possible way to expand your empire

I strongly believe adding these changes is what will propel Grepolis into the next generation of browser gaming and perhaps make them eligible for nomination for another MMO of the year award.

bugeyes10

Phrourach
Hey, thank you for your input. I am glad to see someone finally has the honesty towards the game and themselves to give such an inspired assessment of the current situation. Too long excuses have been made but it is time for Inno to finally turn the tables to protect their (great) legacy.

That being said, I do have a few suggestions:
- instead of gold, why not make grepolis a one time purchase? The core issue here is of the spending differential. What if you make the base game better and recuperate lost income from gold through wider game sales?
- in the interest of adding a new layer of depth and immersion to the game, I suggest adding realistic needs to cities. These include: water, sewage treatment, food, law and order, health, and education.
- convert gold to an in game obtainable currency which you can use to build new buildings within your polis.
- expand population mechanics which allow citizens to choose professions, populations to grow, age and die, to offer a more comprehensive set of rewards and consequences for dealing with a (thus far) shallow population system.
- allow you to choose tax rate which will determine your in game currency (gold) income
- install upkeep mechanics for buildings and services which eat away at your regular tax income.
- remove the combat system altogether and make founding the only possible way to expand your empire

I strongly believe adding these changes is what will propel Grepolis into the next generation of browser gaming and perhaps make them eligible for nomination for another MMO of the year award.
damn I can't wait for city skylines 2.0

jack9r9

Hipparchus
Gold spending is the only reason this game still exists. The only viable solution to over gold use, in my opinion, is a buy-in server (say 5k, 10k gold - whatever) where most if not all premium/gold features are disabled. Odds of that happening are basically zero though.

bugeyes10

Phrourach
I am sick of these threads tbh. Just don't be poor
1096892992872251473.webp

bugeyes10

Phrourach
I'm sick of golders' "playing". Learn numbers and then play such games.
The only golding I do is in the first week for OG and buildings. Then its advisors and golding CS packages because I'm too lazy to build them. CQ is super easy and gold doesn't necessarily help you that much. Even during events there's really only a couple of events that are worth golding(Easter and battleships come to mind). The rest are pretty easy F2P. The reality is, if you are halfway competent at the game someone golding out their *** the entire server isn't going to bother you.