Search results

1. trash talk

So the world's 4th large alliance, that had a sister alliance, have merged into Victrix without even fighting? :rolleyes: And the leader has left half of his alliance behind him? Spineless.
  2. The Potato Collective recruiting for EN 122

Hello, I’m VladimirVonEire, one of the leaders of The Potato Collective (name may change ;)). We are currently recruiting players for Kelendris, opening in a few days. We were founded in Pharae under the name, Hell Hounds, and we finished the world in second place. If anyone would like to know...
  3. Not joining an alliance

Hi, welcome to Grepo! I agree with SunTsi. If you don't join an alliance, you will eventually be eaten. When you are in a good alliance, it's also way more fun than being alone. And yes, many alliances will take you in if you are showing strong growth in terms of points/BP and if you send in a...
  4. When is the next world

Speed 2 revolt would be nice! Three of the last four have been conquest :oops:
  5. Reformation of Grepolis

Apologies for replying to an oldish thread but I was going to make my own about this matter so I thought it would be best to reply here. I'm surprised this hasn't been discussed more. I'd like to lend my support to this idea. I was reading back over Epsilon's forum recently, and it brought back...
  6. Compliment Thread

I would like to share my thoughts on the world as it is coming to an end :) Yeah, the world was a complete disappointment from a competitive perspective. So, first of all, I would like to thank everyone who resisted Hugs and everyone who stayed around when TF left the server. I would especially...
  7. Top 12 Pharae ~ Top 12 Sink or Swim ~

Speechless! I thought of things to say but I won't even bother. I guess after the allegations of spam attacking, backstabbing and shady diplomacy, I should have expected it. I hope everyone who is playing here remembers the actions of TF if they ever have the nerve to show themselves on another...
  8. Top 12 Pharae ~ Top 12 Sink or Swim ~

I guess everyone except Hugs and TF should ghost right now!
  9. Newspaper The Pharae times - issue 8 - written and edited by a hell hound

"You went WEST" "No, you ghosted and WENT WEST" "NO, I specifically remember you got RIMMED and GHOSTED and WENT WEST" "NOnonoo, that NEVER happened! You GHOSTED FIRST" "WEST WEST WEST WEST'' Hugs v TF: PS. This just joke, pls don't hurt me
  10. Newspaper Trash talk with a newspaper at the start

Looks like I'll have to put on my dictator hat and introduce martial law in Hounds soon
  11. Newspaper Trash talk with a newspaper at the start

In 1saaa's defence, two TF players were interviewed compared to only one from each of the other teams and he expressed support for NONAME against Hugs. The TF v Mercs section is slightly one-sided due to the fact that there is a comment from the Mercs side and none from TF. But that's all...
  12. Top 12 7 Wonders of Pharae

Once again, I state that my post was using illustrative examples to make a wider point. Yes, TF is a premade but that does not change what I am saying about the impact of premades/hugging on the game in general. I don't have any problems with anyone's play styles. The problem lies in how the...
  13. Top 12 7 Wonders of Pharae

My post was solely made to illustrate the futility of arguing about different play styles when the game is designed for both hugging and premades to be natural occurrences. Both are destructive when you look at it from a certain point of view, but they are also both necessary in order to win...
  14. Top 12 7 Wonders of Pharae

I think @That Guy has a point. What is the practical difference between an alliance that has already gathered a very experienced premade alliance before the world has begun and an alliance that is trying to do the exact same thing while the world is in play? One could argue that premades are...
  15. Newspaper The Pharae times - issue 6 - written and edited by a hell hound

You don't need to go as far as arguing about crashing clients. Even if it doesn't crash anything, constant alarms would make anyone want to shut the game off. From an objective point of view, any reasonable person would say it is simply wrong, unethical, immoral and a whole host of other words...
  16. Newspaper The Pharae times - issue 6 - written and edited by a hell hound

Spam attacking is indefensible in my opinion. We all know Inno continuously fail to fix many minor issues with the game. Spam attacking is a big problem that has resulted from an oversight by Inno. Anyone with some level of decency should refrain from doing it and I'd hate to see it become...
  17. Newspaper The Pharae times - issue 6 - written and edited by a hell hound

To be fair, if everyone was a bit more civil on the forums then I think more people would engage. Hugs, TF and HH all guilty of making the forum pretty toxic. I don't blame anyone for not wanting to chime in :(
  18. Top 12 Pharae ~ Top 12 Sink or Swim ~

Glad to see someone providing some decent input into this thread. Nice and detailed Interesting dynamic opening up in the south. Mercs may be the alliance that tips the balance against Hugs if a large coalition is formed down there. Plenty of food available in Infinite Army and Alpha Centauri...
  19. Trash Talk

With all respect, I think that is overly simplistic. That is a realistic approach when you have confidence in your team and confidence that you will win. When you are not that confident, you need to fall back on diplomacy and recruitment. I don't think Inno expected alliance caps to have any...
  20. Trash Talk

I'd like to say something about all of this talk about merging. I realise there may be some history involved here from previous worlds but from a logical viewpoint, I really don't see any issue with TF's approach. It appears that Hugs have the best team, I think that's a reasonable assumption...