1.0 worlds will be upgraded on...: discussion thread

DeletedUser

I agree with most of what has been already said in this thread. 2.0 is to complicated, I spend to much time on this game now, and I can see this now taking more time than ever. This was a game that was enjoyable to play, but now is a chore!!

DeletedUser

With all the 2.0 worlds out there already, why start messing with the older worlds. I enjoyed my game time, but this "upgrade" has ruined it for me. Inno, you screwed us over with this move....

DeletedUser18468

v2.0 players get ready your next because as soon as v3.0 has been out for a while innogammes will dump on you too mark my words.

They Zero respect for anyone as long as they get your money they couldn't careless, get out now before you waste your money like I did.

DeletedUser

Clearly this update patch was not ready to be deployed on 1.2 servers. There are still work to be done on this. why release a buggy game??? Why? Why Inno? Why?

DeletedUser12512

Someone at Innogames must be sweating right about now. I can't imagine how they could not be after this fiasco.

Open the scotch buddy, leave the champaign in the drawer till you find out whether you have a job next quarter.

DeletedUser

How the hack do you even access the buildings I've tried doing it the old fashion way and i can't. Why did you change it inno there was nothing wrong with the old set up :supermad::Angry::pro:

DeletedUser17088

I know that upgrading older worlds to the new version was bound to cause some issues....but really, Did you have to break it for the rest of us already happily on 2.0 :D

DeletedUser13405

Someone at Innogames must be sweating right about now. I can't imagine how they could not be after this fiasco.

Open the scotch buddy, leave the champaign in the drawer till you find out whether you have a job next quarter.

You'd like to think so, but I really don't think they care. I'm sure we are not even thought of at all. If they measure anything related to Grepolis (and I'm just guessing here) its likely by how many unique visitors there are to the sites. By going to 2.0, they update their advertising and drive more unique visitors to register and give it a shot. Then, they claim they have had x number of unique visitors in the past 12 months and x number of registered users, a double digit % increase over 2010...see how great 2.0 has been for Grepolis!

Of course, 60-70% (if not more) of those players quit after a few days. And the loyal game-player is left out in the cold....1.26 servers cost money and I'd surmise that premium payers barely cover the cost (if at all). So, 1.26 was not a revenue generator for them. Hence, it had to go.

I'm fairly certain that the original founders cared about the game experience. But recent Innogames hires have been execs from the corporate world who would not think like game-players.

Of course, I could be wrong....this is just me speculating. But I don't think I am too far off the mark.

DeletedUser12512

You'd like to think so, but I really don't think they care. I'm sure we are not even thought of at all. If they measure anything related to Grepolis (and I'm just guessing here) its likely by how many unique visitors there are to the sites. By going to 2.0, they update their advertising and drive more unique visitors to register and give it a shot. Then, they claim they have had x number of unique visitors in the past 12 months and x number of registered users, a double digit % increase over 2010...see how great 2.0 has been for Grepolis!

Of course, 60-70% (if not more) of those players quit after a few days. And the loyal game-player is left out in the cold....1.26 servers cost money and I'd surmise that premium payers barely cover the cost (if at all). So, 1.26 was not a revenue generator for them. Hence, it had to go.

I'm fairly certain that the original founders cared about the game experience. But recent Innogames hires have been execs from the corporate world who would not think like game-players.

Of course, I could be wrong....this is just me speculating. But I don't think I am too far off the mark.

I agree, you can obviously see how much they are spending on banner adverts lately in other websites, everytime I click on something its got a grepo ad on the page.

But really, if they aren't looking at turnover they are in for a rude awakening.