1.0 worlds will be upgraded on...: discussion thread

DeletedUser4013

Update: 1.26 Worlds HAVE NOT been upgraded to 2.0 yet. When we have a date for this to take place it will be announced.

DeletedUser

Gordopolis said:
1.0 update to 2.0

The New date for the 1.0 to 2.0 update will be Tuesday December 13th. Some downtime may occur, we apologize for the inconvenience. This date is subject to change.

Thank you for the communication. I am shocked that they are attempting this so soon with the Christmas season upon us. I wish ya'll well during this transition.

DeletedUser8790

Can we get at leat a wiff of what is happening, My polis is standing around looking at each other and shrugging.

DeletedUser4013

The delay, as I and other mods have mentioned, was due to unexpected issues when releasing the 2.16 update for the 2.0 worlds in some of the other markets. Because Inno did not want this to happen on other worlds, they delayed the release of that update. Ours was one of those markets that was affected by that delay.

Because the 1.26 Update was due to happen after the 2.16 update, it would have meant that all of our worlds would have been affected by these issues. As a result, Inno took the decision to delay the update because it wanted to ensure that the 1.26 Update went through without any problems.

If you feel that there was a lack of information from us about this, it is because Inno had no idea when they would be able to guarantee that the Update would take place. Asking for a 'window' or other estimate serves no purpose because even if we were given a time estimate that could have changed due to any number of reasons.

DeletedUser12667

Sending and cancelling support is an easy way to do this still, it basically takes over from using the farms, but the anti-timing still affects troop movements.

Does this apply to farms also? If I leave one farm unconqured(sp?) does the anti-timing come into play? So if I see a cs coming, can I send and cancel with the same accuracy?

DeletedUser4013

You can cancel an attack on an unconquered farm, and just like in 1.26 or with any other attack command anti-timing will occur.

DeletedUser

What if this upgrade restarts everybody? Which I am pretty positive it will, seeing how you already failed once at doing it...

DeletedUser4013

What if this upgrade restarts everybody? Which I am pretty positive it will, seeing how you already failed once at doing it...

What makes you think that this upgrade will restart anyone? And what did we fail at doing? Have you been listening to rumors again? Or is this something that you heard over on one of the other forums and figured it must be true so you just had to spread it over here? Where does your information even come from?

DeletedUser

What makes you think that this upgrade will restart anyone? And what did we fail at doing? Have you been listening to rumors again? Or is this something that you heard over on one of the other forums and figured it must be true so you just had to spread it over here? Where does your information even come from?

Well, mistakes happen! Plus, you guys all ready failed at upgrading on the date you said it would....... One false thingy on the script could ruin it all. What do you mean listening to rumors again. You don't even know me. I am not dimwitted but the posibility of everybody getting restarted is 50-50... And I am scared :/

Plus, I didn't want this in the first place, and 2.0 is filthy with bugs... and you guys failing to do it the first time is demoralizing

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4013

Well, mistakes happen! Plus, you guys all ready failed at upgrading on the date you said it would....... One false thingy on the script could ruin it all. What do you mean listening to rumors again. You don't even know me. I am not dimwitted but the posibility of everybody getting restarted is 50-50... And I am scared :/

Plus, I didn't want this in the first place, and 2.0 is filthy with bugs... and you guys failing to do it the first time is demoralizing

We haven't 'failed' to update on the date that was first announced. To 'fail' implies that we tried already but were unsuccessful. We have yet to make the attempt. The reasons for delay were caused by more pressing issues with the 2.16 update. So I can't see how we 'failed'.

Also, the delay is likely a good thing for the players as it means that it will have been looked into more to ensure that there are no bad scripts. But with all of the other markets complaining (oh, wait...sorry, they weren't reset either) I see no problems like this occurring. How then is the possibility of the restart a 50/50 chance? No other markets which have been updated have had complaints of this. Please stop spreading lies and false information to suit your own ends. We get that you don't want this update already, but it's going to happen. Deal with it already and move on.

DeletedUser12512

We haven't 'failed' to update on the date that was first announced. To 'fail' implies that we tried already but were unsuccessful. We have yet to make the attempt. The reasons for delay were caused by more pressing issues with the 2.16 update. So I can't see how we 'failed'.

You made an announcement to update on a date that you are no longer updating on. You tried, You failed.

Also, the delay is likely a good thing for the players as it means that it will have been looked into more to ensure that there are no bad scripts.

I am also curious, did Gordo post that the update from 1.0 to 2.0 is gonna happen tomorrow? and yours says its delayed till Q1 2012, which is correct?

http://forum.en.grepolis.com/showthread.php?t=29285

It would be nice if you were right for once...just sayin'

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4013

I am also curious, did Gordo post that the update from 1.0 to 2.0 is gonna happen tomorrow? and yours says its delayed till Q1 2012, which is correct?

http://forum.en.grepolis.com/showthread.php?t=29285

It would be nice if you were right for once...just sayin'

My post is in regards to Hero Worlds, not the 2.0 Update. I would have thought you would have read that annoucement better since you copied it and added it to your premade thread.

DeletedUser

I am not dimwitted but the posibility of everybody getting restarted is 50-50... And I am scared :/

That chance is definitely not 50/50. Don't speculate about things you don't know.
And even if, for any weird reason, everyone restarted, I'm fairly sure Innogames would do a rollback, meaning everything would return to its previous state.

DeletedUser

If there is 2 choices, the chance is still 50 50. I am just saying. This has happened to me before.. I quit the game that was going on (even though i was a mod) and so that is why i am speculating, because 1. I have a right too 2. I have reason too. And do not make silly come backs (Tyrion) that saying the company is NOT like Innogames... Guess what. There was a survey on getting updated or not, 70 yes 30 no. Everybody got restarted.. That is why, the 2 companies are similar.

DeletedUser

So . . . it is now the 13th....where are we at?

As for the semantic debate about failures and the like . . . it is some nice wordsmithing proving both parties correct. IG got egg on their face because they failed to deliver on a commitment.

Best policy in development? Under promise, over deliver.

DeletedUser12512

Well played Tyrion :D

My b-hind it was well played. He deleted 4 of my attempts to post anything until it suited his holy moddedness and then latches on to the only thing he would let me post. A question. That he then not only proceeded to attempt to mock me for asking it he (very likely) de-repped me for the post.

The reason I say very likely is because whoever did it didn't sign it. It's safe to assume whoever did is a Gimp Though. :)