1.2 - 2.0 conversion issue

DeletedUser

ok... I am taking the whole interface with a grainof salt and trying to get used to it (not rating high at the moment, but giving it a solid go)

The thing that is some Bull-hicky is this: All Attacker/Defender of the day Award icons are consolidated into ONE icon... I repeat ONE award and the latest date is the mouseover...

For those that had them we worked HARD to get them. Yes our awards line ran longer, but that was a distiguishing factor of what we had accomplished!

By consolidating them into one Icon we have been cheapened of our success in the game.

:supermad::supermad::supermad::supermad::supermad::supermad::supermad::Angry::Angry::Angry:

This may seem superficial but it is actually a bigpart of what many strive for.... alot of time, trending, and planning is put into obtaining these!

BRING THEM BACK!!!!

DeletedUser18468

I've got a bug too it's called v2.0 how do we get rid of it ?

DeletedUser

anyone using Gmail!?

when they got new version and you logged in you could check it out and see do you like it...if not there is an option / go back to previous version../So I did.

DeletedUser

This isn't a bug, it is a design feature. And it isn't "cheapening" your success - all of the relative information regarding your awards are there. In fact, I'd say it makes it easier to distinguish your success because you can instantly see how many AotD, CotD, DotD awards you have without scrolling through lines and lines trying to keep a mental count.

Moved to The Acropolis for discussion.

DeletedUser

I've experienced some lag in a few of the worlds that coverted to 2.0. Is it just me or is anyone else experiencing lag as well?

DeletedUser

This isn't a bug, it is a design feature. And it isn't "cheapening" your success - all of the relative information regarding your awards are there. In fact, I'd say it makes it easier to distinguish your success because you can instantly see how many AotD, CotD, DotD awards you have without scrolling through lines and lines trying to keep a mental count.

Moved to The Acropolis for discussion.

My friend I am not sure if I am blind or what... but when I look at the awards I do not see an indicator saying "How Many" all that is displayed is the award and the mouseover say the date of the latest one...

Here it is PLEASE PLEASE tell me what I am seeing wrong....

award.png

So where is the "total" at? Do not tell me it is one of those hidden fields... albiet a bug....

ALSO: the dates of each AotD and DotD are all significant. (if you are adamant in doing a "roll-up" then give us a listing of dates... you can a modal pop-up from Jquery tools, or really any mouseover Lib out there...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Bump for really liking an answer to my question... see post above this one with screen shot.

It was said this is not an issue... it best to base that off of facts it is a complete other thing to arbitrarily just say oh hey this is not an issue... (I could say the world is triangle, or that people can live to the ripe old age of 10000... it does not mean it is true.)

Asth says it displays how many AotD and DotD awards the player has recieved... this is a COMPLETE falasy.

I would like this moved back to the issue's tab. You clearly did not do your research. I gave proof. Now either shut me up by showing me where it is or post this back as an issue and CONFIRM it.

I would like to think I had invested a lot of time and money in this game rather than be forced to think I have squandered time and money on this game.....

DeletedUser4013

Perhaps Asth was mistaken when he said that the other dates appear or that the number of times it has been earned appears. However, I can pass along the suggestion of having a roll-over added to this to state the number or previously earned awards.

DeletedUser

I've also moaned about this issue - what's the point of having daily awards, if only one of them is ever shown? The whole point of showing all of them, for me at least, is that when you look at someone's profile you get an immediate sense that they are hardcore if they have masses of daily awards.

Apparently lots of people have been complaining about this - and rightly so.

Please return our hard-earned daily awards - we want to see all of them, not just the most recent one. Currently it looks like I've only achieved those things once since I started playing the game, where in reality I've achieved them several times!

Just to be really, really clear: We want to see every daily award, not a rollover telling us how many we got. Because they are daily awards, we want one for each day we achieved them, so we can see on which days we achieved them.

DeletedUser

I have never gotten one, but I would want it to be shown proud if i did! :eek:

DeletedUser

Perhaps Asth was mistaken when he said that the other dates appear or that the number of times it has been earned appears. However, I can pass along the suggestion of having a roll-over added to this to state the number or previously earned awards.

Hello Tyrion,

Any word on this when you brought it up to the devs or those that will listen?

By the way thank you for passing it along.

DeletedUser

It will be odd to just have a list of dates in the hover tooltip. Especially for players who have dozens and dozens of the award - the dates won't all fit in the tooltip.

Like any trophy cabinet, you'd want all the awards you'd won shown in there so it looks impressive. You wouldn't store all the old ones in the garage.

DeletedUser

It will be odd to just have a list of dates in the hover tooltip. Especially for players who have dozens and dozens of the award - the dates won't all fit in the tooltip.

Like any trophy cabinet, you'd want all the awards you'd won shown in there so it looks impressive. You wouldn't store all the old ones in the garage.

I hear ya here. I have 20-25 diffrent awards and my award list when scrolled through was quite impressive. Not trying to self pat but I think it was.

Losing that is again as I put it before a cheapening of my accomplishments, as I am sure all those that fight for these awards feel alao....

DeletedUser

I can perfectly understand with all the normal awards that only the most recent is shown - because with normal awards, you're sort of upgrading them as you get more points, and so on.

But with the daily awards, they are hard to get (you literally need to be best on the entire server that day to get one) and they accumulate. Each one is like saying "this player beat the rest of the server on this metric on this day". I certainly want to see all of them, even though I've only got about 2 of each, I was proud of them.

DeletedUser

I completely agree with EnasEllinas.

What concerns me most is that someone decided to remove the daily awards feature and simplify it to something truly demeaning if you've worked so hard, as so many have said, for all these awards. What was the inspiration? Did those with no awards complain when they were looking at the profiles of the most accomplished players?! lol I truly would like to know if there is a legitimate reason for downgrading.

Getting past the poor decision making process... what can we do to get this back?

Next thing you know, we'll find out that we can't conquer enemy cities! Only GHOSTS! lmao

DeletedUser4013

The X of the Day award thing was something that happened with the 2.14 update, and not because of the update to 2.0 for the older worlds. It's being looked into about bringing it back.

DeletedUser

Just adding my 2 cents to the conversation: I want my X of the Day awards back - all of them in a row on my profile - no mouse over function to see the dates. Each award should be a separate, individual award - just the way it was. It was just fine the way it was. There was no reason to change the way it was.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!