100 Gold server block ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser22235

Blocked All Server?

It seems nobody can login to a new server.
I'll bet it has to do with the 100 Gold u get when loging into a new server.
What if some really wanted to join a new one?
Thy will loose that 100 gold.
Even if there are people what never played Grepolis before.
Do thy have a chance to get in? Or not at all.
If not thy could loose new players.
But i DO understand why it's blocked.
It was better to set a max for joining new servers between 1 -3 a day Problem solved.
It could be possible but i doubt it is realy a error.

And a Merry Christmas to all

DeletedUser33297

This is pretty much true, don't think locking all servers for that would be a good solution.
Merry christmas to you aswell :)

DeletedUser4013

New players can still join any open worlds, and once an email is registered, you cannot then go and claim an additional 100 gold by joining a new world and completing the quests because your email has already been registered.

DeletedUser33297

Talking about the christmas gold, not about the gold for registering email I think?

DeletedUser23986

Tyrion, maybe you are unaware of the problem. Yesterday advent gave 100 gold per world and people joined new worlds to gain gold. Later, the worlds got blocked and no one could join new worlds.

This poem was about that, not quest.

DeletedUser4013

I'm fully aware of the advent gold, however, I was addressing the issue of new players being able to enter and then the additional effect of joining a new server to exploit the advent gold by trying to get the 100 gold for the quests. Two birds, one stone.

DeletedUser19523

well, according to some people in my alliance, they still have 4400 gold collected from all worlds' advent and quests... for their sake i hope they dont take it away

DeletedUser29371

Poor innogames another thought out design and their solution is

''hey! lets block EVERYONE joining anything at all''

CONGRATULATIONS design team, streak 234234e23423423424

:D

If Innogames will have any ideas of RETAKING the gold back from players they have another thing coming though! mass exodus!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser23986

NOW THEY ARE STEALING GOLD exploited from advent calendar!!!

Richard

Strategos
We aren't stealing gold. Inno made the decision to remove the gold from those who exploited the advent calendar. I hardly see how you can imply we are stealing in the same sentence you admit to exploiting? When a player exploited the calendar, they were effectively stealing from Inno. They made the decision, as per the rules, to correct an exploit which resulted in players being given gold they should not have been.

You have only your self to blame, I'm afraid. The exploitation of bugs is clearly outlined in our rules as a breach.

DeletedUser23986

And why is it a bug?

wikipedia said:
A software bug is an error, flaw, mistake, failure, or fault in a computer program or system that produces an incorrect or unexpected result, or causes it to behave in unintended ways. Most bugs arise from mistakes and errors made by people in either a program's source code or its design, and a few are caused by compilers producing incorrect code.
Was it unexpected result? We were able to join worlds even on days 1-23 and use calendar. Lots of people joined worlds during 2-23, and then spent gold to open presents late. If that is not exploitation, then how can claiming extra gold be exploitation?

Expolitating a feature and exploiting a bug are different things....

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Well, the intended outcome was that players would be able to collect gold on worlds that they already play as a gift, i suppose a thank you for playing grepolis.
It was not intended that people would then be able to sign up to loads of worlds and claim loads of this 'gift'.
You said it yourself-
A software bug is an error, flaw, mistake, failure, or fault in a computer program or system that produces an incorrect or unexpected result

Essentially, people were happy because they managed to take a load of gold from grepo by exploiting an oversight on the part of innogames. Now Inno have only decided to take back the gold when they could actually punish you as well (as Richard said, it is against the rules to expoit a bug etc).

Just get over it.
Also:
then how can claiming extra gold be exploitation?
NOW THEY ARE STEALING GOLD exploited from advent calendar!!!

DeletedUser23986

I am saying exploiting feature and exploiting bugs are different things. You cannot call anything a bug.

As for intentions, how we know someone's intentions. the devs were not concerned about exploitation. It was not a coding fault. So how is it a bug?

DeletedUser

I can understand that they took the gold back from the server. But they also took all the gold I had collected from SponsorPay, which I earned with my own time. I know this because if I had only collected the gold from the advent calendar, I would have an even number like 400 gold. But no, I had about 437 gold. They didn't care to check the amount of gold I had collected by working and using my time. I earned that gold and they took it from me...

DeletedUser

So long as I get to keep the gold I got, I don't care.

It's in the past. Don't bring it up, I might lose it lol.

DeletedUser

You probably won't get to keep it Strike... That's the point.

DeletedUser29371

We aren't stealing gold. Inno made the decision to remove the gold from those who exploited the advent calendar. I hardly see how you can imply we are stealing in the same sentence you admit to exploiting? When a player exploited the calendar, they were effectively stealing from Inno. They made the decision, as per the rules, to correct an exploit which resulted in players being given gold they should not have been.

You have only your self to blame, I'm afraid. The exploitation of bugs is clearly outlined in our rules as a breach.

Sorry Richard but this is flat ignorance.... since day 1 of advent calender and until day 23 NOONE was annoyed and IG had no problem if i created extra advent gifts, but on 24th it was?

Why would this be AN EXPLOIT? if people could do it for 23 days without problems then on day 24 it becomes an exploit?

Its flat lying to community, but luckily i spent all the gold beforehand on the same day for advisors so i could NOT care less.

it seems IG considers exploits very differently, if CODING TEAM MAKES MISTAKES we are not EXPLOITING anything, because everyone KNEW (the coders should know) that you could join XY worlds everyday, and if they overlooked them MAYBE IG should CHARGE them FOR THEIR mistakes on coding and deduct from their wages, not flat out STEAL gold away from the players who did NOTHING wrong.

as i said anyone smart used the gold on advisosrs within the same day and does not care at all.

Doing stuff liek this is just loosing the playerbase.... new worlds are already under populated and by spamming servers more than ever before its only making problems WORSE. Alot of people are done with this game and many just joined last year, great work IG... we spent hundreds of EUROS and now IG wants to take 2100 gold from me...

HAHAHAHAHA is it that bad at IG ? wait till worlds end that started year and a half ago and are entering WW eras now, youll have a barren wasteland and noone will exploit anything cos there will only be 5 skilled players left with 2500 noobs waring on 5 different servers

DeletedUser

They better not, or else... I am armed with lightning bolts. Fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.