10000 votes against Morale

Do you want morale left out of exising worlds?

• Yes

Votes: 741 89.5%
  • No

Votes: 33 4.0%
  • I can live with it if it's modified.

Votes: 54 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Troop morale

I search the wiki and this forum with little luck on determining morale

this is what the wiki said:
Morale is how well your troops will fight. Divine powers can affect morale. This number will be between 0 and 100. Luck is randomly generated for the battle and will be anywhere between -30 and 30 luck. Luck affects the attacker only. If they have -30 luck then their troops will fight 30% less effectively. If they have 30% luck their troops will fight 30% more effectively. City Wall is the level of the defenders wall.

the explanation for morale is general at best, but is there a way to determine how much morale an attacking troop receives? Because the amount of morale could very well determine the outcome of an evenly matched battle.

DeletedUser

I would guess that the morale would start at 100% or 50% then with that divine power which decreases their effectiveness or the one which increases their effectiveness would change this.

DeletedUser

right but would morale decrease with the length of an attack?

DeletedUser

Well i'm guessing that this could happen:
Fair Wind: The naval forces fight 10% stronger. - Morale for naval units would increase 10% for that battle.
Desire: The attacking troops fight 10% weaker. - Morale for all attacking troops goes down 10%
Heroic Power: Land units become 10% stronger in the next battle. - Morale for land units would go down 10%

DeletedUser

Well i'm guessing that this could happen:
Fair Wind: The naval forces fight 10% stronger. - Morale for naval units would increase 10% for that battle.
Desire: The attacking troops fight 10% weaker. - Morale for all attacking troops goes down 10%
Heroic Power: Land units become 10% stronger in the next battle. - Morale for land units would go up 10%

that wasn't really what I asked, for example

city A is 40 units away from city B and has no morale boosters, the attacking troops receive 60% morale(I picked a number at random)

city A then decides to attack city C which is 60 units away and again has no morale boosters, the attacking troops receive 39% morale

would something like this happen? does each attack with the same troops reduce morale or is it all based on distance?

DeletedUser

I am basing this answer on Tribal Wars experience. There, morale was a factor to 'level the field' between players at different point levels. If a high point player attacked a low point player, his troops would presumably be demoralized at the prospect of crushing a weak opponent and would fight less effectively. Lower point players always attacked higher point players at 100% morale. The players there had derived a formula to calculate morale, but it had a minimum value of about 30%. Since this game appears to go all the way to zero, the formula must be different.

DeletedUser

I am basing this answer on Tribal Wars experience. There, morale was a factor to 'level the field' between players at different point levels. If a high point player attacked a low point player, his troops would presumably be demoralized at the prospect of crushing a weak opponent and would fight less effectively. Lower point players always attacked higher point players at 100% morale. The players there had derived a formula to calculate morale, but it had a minimum value of about 30%. Since this game appears to go all the way to zero, the formula must be different.

I will have to experiment on this

DeletedUser

D: morale can go to 0% so if i send i dunno 10000 chariots 10000 horsemen and my enemy defends with 1 sword all mine die if my morale is set to 0?:eek:

extreme example i know but any atack power x0 = o

i hope this is like tw morale otherwise its too random.

DeletedUser

I am looking at some old reports and from what I can see I always have 100% morale in every attack

DeletedUser

yes and if you leave the moral and luck the moral is always 100% im sure it means point differences.

Thats good because when serpentine and grepo attack (world gamma) we have a better chance :)

DeletedUser

Morale

I think the new morale system is not being given enough attention - I think it's almost as game-changing as the new revolt system.

What do you see wrong with this picture?

xuw1inj0ock3icoi1voijh8z7xc3grz4.png

DeletedUser

no militia!!!! there should be militia there so youd all die :)

DeletedUser

Devs just catering to the noobs. They don't care about our opinions, so nothing to be done.

DeletedUser

Devs just catering to the noobs. They don't care about our opinions, so nothing to be done.

eclipse you are on beta test server right? did they playtest this there to see your reactions? what was the servers reaction?

DeletedUser

..... Many people will say that that isn't possible.
and that the morale is too powerfull....
so how does morale work?

DeletedUser

so basically this game is like eclipse stated...catering to the noobs and the turtles

as if militia wasnt already a pain in the butt, why not throw the night bonus on too?

i don't recall hearing that innogames were bought out and the game was being changed to simpolis

DeletedUser

In my opinion morale is too effective and it can go too low. It would be better it to drop maximum to around 75-80% with this effect of it or its effect needs to be weaken much more than what it is now.

As its now, its just way too effective in any way.

DeletedUser

..... Many people will say that that isn't possible.
and that the morale is too powerfull....
so how does morale work?

346m0zq.jpg

thats how morale works. super militia are back people. 750 pop worth of attack units cant beat 325 free ones.

DeletedUser

-----------------------------------------------------------
Do you want morale left out of existing worlds? Yes/No

I vote Yes

fyi - Morale has already been activated in all existing worlds.

The formula for morale is posted here (credit to the original poster) - http://forum.en.grepolis.com/showpost.php?p=76939&postcount=25

It is pretty much FACT that this will be a disaster for Grepolis and maybe even Innogames if not fixed soon. Grepolis does not advertise, so it makes ALL it's money from premium. The vast majority of premium payers are the big ones, the players who are in the top 100. Now everyone of them I have spoken to so far has said if this isn't fixed they will quit the game rendering Grepolis pretty much profitless. Not only is a terrible terrible update but whether you like to or not it could potentially (Now this is the extreme) result in Grepolis being removed from the net.

Now please SPREAD AWARENESS of this thread; post it on your alliance forums, mass mail your members (if you're a leader), PM friends, whatever! Just please remember to do so in a orderly fashion, I am not asking anyone to spam any forums or anyone's inboxes.

---------------------------------
Sample random simulations:

Worst case scenario for an attack originating from a single city (thx - Darksunx)
2usgbwm.png

~~
A 'sensible' scenario originating from one city
qFz.png

~~

Edit- mods please can this be made into a poll if its not too much trouble? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.