12 best Alliance opinions!

DeletedUser

calatan was obviously a good organiser and dedicated a lot of time to HOD but lets not look at the past through rose coloured glasses.

I honestly don't know if calatan fed HOD a bunch of outright lies or it was just bad information, it must have been difficult to get the facts strait in such a large alliance.

I have seen calatans diplomatic skills praised in a few forums but from my own experience I found him/her lacking in that department. First off HOD were notorious for taking in refugees and then following it up by ignoring diplomatic messages, this lead to many wars for them.

I'm sure in most instanses the alliance as a whole was not told the reasons behind these wars, more than likely they were just told that yet another alliance was picking on them for being an MRA.

I always found HOD to be more of a distraction than a threat, I didn't see the point having Castor members caught up in the "lets kill some hogs" craze that swept through alpha, I mean why become occupied with a buch of 2-4K cities when there were much better targets out there, so I formed a ceasefire with them.

When one of my members attacked after the ceasefire calatans idea of diplomacy was to bolt and quake our player and send me a threatening message. I set him/her strait pretty quickly.

Shortly after that TGO was formed and we found new ways of dealing with HOD :)

I do admire what calatan achieved but lets not pretend that he/she was flawless.

DeletedUser4672

Oh to fill in the he/she on calatan hes actually a guy but most presumed he was a girl so he played on that lol

DeletedUser

calatan was obviously a good organiser and dedicated a lot of time to HOD but lets not look at the past through rose coloured glasses.

I honestly don't know if calatan fed HOD a bunch of outright lies or it was just bad information, it must have been difficult to get the facts strait in such a large alliance.

I have seen calatans diplomatic skills praised in a few forums but from my own experience I found him/her lacking in that department. First off HOD were notorious for taking in refugees and then following it up by ignoring diplomatic messages, this lead to many wars for them.

I'm sure in most instanses the alliance as a whole was not told the reasons behind these wars, more than likely they were just told that yet another alliance was picking on them for being an MRA.

I always found HOD to be more of a distraction than a threat, I didn't see the point having Castor members caught up in the "lets kill some hogs" craze that swept through alpha, I mean why become occupied with a buch of 2-4K cities when there were much better targets out there, so I formed a ceasefire with them.

When one of my members attacked after the ceasefire calatans idea of diplomacy was to bolt and quake our player and send me a threatening message. I set him/her strait pretty quickly.

Shortly after that TGO was formed and we found new ways of dealing with HOD :)

I do admire what calatan achieved but lets not pretend that he/she was flawless.

Lol someone sent TGO a message saying hogs would own them

DeletedUser

... what? we made calatan change her cities name lol ex. tgo's whipping boy

DeletedUser

... what? we made calatan change her cities name lol ex. tgo's whipping boy

Well this is what i think happened.I think someone sent you a message youse got angry so you gave us a challenge the challenge was we had to conquer someone if we didnt you would declare war on us i think we failed so youse were away to declare war then calatan changed his city names to avoid it IMO when eow were going to ask for a ceasefire he would declare war on you or when they win some other war.

DeletedUser

WM802 said:
Well this is what i think happened.I think someone sent you a message youse got angry so you gave us a challenge the challenge was we had to conquer someone if we didnt you would declare war on us i think we failed so youse were away to declare war then calatan changed his city names to avoid it IMO when eow were going to ask for a ceasefire he would declare war on you or when they win some other war.

Let me shed some light on things, firstly you're way off base, I have no clue where you got that info from but as Phish mentioned elswhere HOD was rife with misinformation.

Both Castor and OOOC had seperate ceasefire agreements with HOD prior to our merge. After TGO was formed we stuck with the ceasefire. Both clamenza and I were in agreement that HOD was not threat to us and represented more of a distraction than anything else.

The simple fact of it was that calatan was afraid of us and was willing to play to our terms to avoid a war with us. We had calatan agree not to recruit in our oceans and any time a member of HOD attacked a member of TGO that member was kicked and calatan would have to change one of his city names.

It was nothing to do with HOD making threats to TGO and everything to do with calatan doing everything in his power to avoid a war with us. This of course lead to some animosity towards TGO but really this helped HOD, it meant that we didn't go to war with HOD for the many infractions of our ceasefire carried out by members of HOD. As you could have told from the names of calatans cities there were quite a few hogs who made the mistake of attacking TGO.

As for calatan declaring war on us, well he had ample opportunity to do that while HOD had their ceasefire with EOW but he never did. Shrewd judgement on his part.

DeletedUser

Let me shed some light on things, firstly you're way off base, I have no clue where you got that info from but as Phish mentioned elswhere HOD was rife with misinformation.

Both Castor and OOOC had seperate ceasefire agreements with HOD prior to our merge. After TGO was formed we stuck with the ceasefire. Both clamenza and I were in agreement that HOD was not threat to us and represented more of a distraction than anything else.

The simple fact of it was that calatan was afraid of us and was willing to play to our terms to avoid a war with us. We had calatan agree not to recruit in our oceans and any time a member of HOD attacked a member of TGO that member was kicked and calatan would have to change one of his city names.

It was nothing to do with HOD making threats to TGO and everything to do with calatan doing everything in his power to avoid a war with us. This of course lead to some animosity towards TGO but really this helped HOD, it meant that we didn't go to war with HOD for the many infractions of our ceasefire carried out by members of HOD. As you could have told from the names of calatans cities there were quite a few hogs who made the mistake of attacking TGO.

As for calatan declaring war on us, well he had ample opportunity to do that while HOD had their ceasefire with EOW but he never did. Shrewd judgement on his part.
I said i think thats what happened and i enjoyed looking at his city names what were they again phat looting and the kicking one

DeletedUser

idk i think we need a new list of the top 12

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Right these are some i remember Phat lootin Hard Boozin thingy kicking and i agree and toast is in TGO

DeletedUser

So whats this about Zodiac no longer being the academy of TGO?

"Zodiac is NO longer the training ground for The Gemini Order. It is now the sister alliance to The Gemini Order!"

Off Zodiac's profile

DeletedUser

Zodiac reached it's member cap because of the merge so TGO basically gave it more power and turned into a sister or something along those lines but it is because of the membercap

DeletedUser

EPIC THREAD REVIVE

Red = Bad
Yellow = Middle
Blue = Good

Orthia
TW-Shadow
Synergy
BDI
Unity
EOW
ETW
Ghost Pirates
The Sacred Band
Eletheria I Thanatos
Dark Dragon Warriors
Last of The Spartans

DeletedUser

tbh i think Orthia should be red, do u know why its disliked? Because they keep taking everyone elses cities, thats why people arent to bothered by Synergy, they suck.

Hahaha....... could be worse, could be in EOW......