6 Elite Titan Warriors
7 Elite Olympus Warriors
8 Ghost Pirates
9 Echo Squadron
10 Last of the Spartans
11 Rhodesian Alliance
12 56th Phalanx

DeletedUser

Yea, we in tw-shadow didn't choose to disband - one guy convinced us he was capable of being a good founder and leader, then disbanded alliance a few weeks later. We are still up and running just fine, if not better. :)

youd be perfect if the 43 guys had come back right ;)

DeletedUser

1 TW-Shadow - High player average with good ABP. A hard alliance to beat.

2 The Black Death Imperium - Organised and strict with average player averages and good BP.

3 Virus - Rising from the ashes of a falling Unity to become a top 3 alliance with new improved members and fast increasing BP and player averages.

4 Synergy - Highest BP and good player averages.

5 The Sacred Band - Low player average for size but good diplomatically.

6 Elite Titan Warriors - Reasonable player average with good size and compact.

7 Elite Olympus Warriors - Very compact with good BP. Losing members and points rapidly.

8 Ghost Pirates - Good growers with good player averages but have been quite lately.

9 Echo Squadron

10 Last of the Spartans - Great player average with fast increasing BP.

11 Rhodesian Alliance - Low player average with reasonable BP.

12 56th Phalanx - Compact with large players and good BP.

DeletedUser

9 Echo Squadron

How about high player average and high bpa for their 2.5 months of existence?
(although some short-sighted people think that we only take ghost towns/inactives, there is a reason that people turn ghost/inactive)

DeletedUser

1 TW-Shadow: TW-Classic and still the best
2 The Black Death Imperium: Very solid alliance
3 Virus: Most fun alliance I've ever been a part of :D
4 Synergy: Talks a big game, the worst they've done though is make us listen to Gino
5 The Sacred Band: Lots of friends here, hope to continue the good relationship
6 Elite Titan Warriors: a long time since I've dealt with them
7 Elite Olympus Warriors: Most of the problem leadership has moved on, they seem to be on very shaky ground. Who knows what the future holds for them.
8 Ghost Pirates: Very quiet of late
9 Echo Squadron: Some very strong players and a great average
10 Rhodesian Alliance: Don't know these guys, a slew of pacts and a low average makes me question their leadership.
11 Last of the Spartans: Good guys, great average and home to some good pals
12 56th Phalanx: Again home to some good pals, great average, tight alliance

DeletedUser

Wow. I remember when i played in Alpha xD.
TW-Shadow still around huh?
That's pretty good going.

DeletedUser

1 TW-Shadow: essex, iceman are one of the best players i have been with.
2 The Black Death Imperium: idk about them
3 Virus: whoa they are spreading.
4 Synergy: O64 is a very strong solid core of theirs,invading it is is putting your bare hand in a bee hive.
5 The Sacred Band: they
6 Elite Titan Warriors: idk
7 Elite Olympus Warriors: idk
8 Ghost Pirates: idk
9 Echo Squadron: idk
10 Rhodesian Alliance: idk
11 Last of the Spartans: awesome guys
12 56th Phalanx: same as above

DeletedUser

4 Synergy - Highest BP and good player averages.
Also the oldest alliance still existing.
I don't think there are any still around from the first 3 months of the game starting let alone the first week. The other old names such as TW-S have disbanded and reformed.

DeletedUser10416

Also the oldest alliance still existing.
I don't think there are any still around from the first 3 months of the game starting let alone the first week. The other old names such as TW-S have disbanded and reformed.

BD has been around since Febuary.

We're the only top 10 alliance which hasn't merged, changed or disbanded in anyway from its foundations.

DeletedUser

I am impressed with the stability of The Black Death Imperium, and I have seen it grow from a rank 12 to 2.
They also have impressive stats.

The reason Synergy has high BP is because their alliance is there for the longest.

EDIT: Added Synergy reason.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I am impressed with the stability of The Black Death Imperium, and I have seen it grow from a rank 12 to 2.
They also have impressive stats.

Won't deny their impressive stats, but anyone can grow fast if you recruit about 35 new members in one month. Especially, if you don't care about common decency and recruit refugees.

DeletedUser

I assume you mean Orthia members joining TBDI after Orthia disbanded. You gave me the same spiel when we recruited ex-orthia members.

I guess I don't understand this whole refugee thing. To me, a refugee is a person who flees to a foreign power to escape danger. At least that is it's normal definition. So Orthia disbanded, so per you, every single member there is a refugee and is required to stay alliance-less until you consume them all easily since they have no alliance to assist them. We remove anyone coming to us for pure protection without providing anything to alliance or members that are not worthy. And we make sure before recruiting that they state they are going to attack our enemies, and protect themselves adequately, and if in need of assistance, provide all vital info. I am glad you attack the new guys so Ican easily gauge which ones are worth keeping and which ones came to us hoping we would just stack their cities with defense.

None of them came to us saying, please let me in and hide me from attacks. We aren't allied with any of Orthia's enemies so its not like they were hoping to take advantage of some pact. Attacks were able to continue as always. These members are not getting lots of support, and only get support when providing us with all info on CS attacks.

I am technically a refugee as I left an alliance where i hated the leaders, and joined tw-s. Am I to never play Alpha again except in alliance I mistakenly chose to start off with just because of some stupid generic refugee statement that some people made up? I am glad old tw-s decided against that, or else I would be stuck alliance-less and probably bored and gone, and tw-s may have never made it through leader changes over the years.

And if someone wants to put alliance at stake to save a refugee because they think they are worth it. Good for them. This game needs wars at all times. I donate money in RL to save refugees and enjoy sticking my neck out for people in game if they are worth the trouble.

DeletedUser

I assume you mean Orthia members joining TBDI after Orthia disbanded. You gave me the same spiel when we recruited ex-orthia members.

I guess I don't understand this whole refugee thing. To me, a refugee is a person who flees to a foreign power to escape danger. At least that is it's normal definition.

So far, you are correct.

When I started this game about a year ago, I learned that alliances don't take in refugees and that refugees in this game refers to players under heavy attack and now seeking shelter elsewhere. The fact that you (and TBDI) don't care about these common laws is your thing and shows, at least to me, that the big alliances don't care about what is common.

So Orthia disbanded, so per you, every single member there is a refugee and is required to stay alliance-less until you consume them all easily since they have no alliance to assist them.

This is a prejudice and a twist of words. Maybe if you would have read my message carefully in stead of complaining that I didn't introduce myself properly according to your standards, you would have seen that I supplied you stats stating that these 2 specific members were refugees. All the other ex-Orthians you took in were not attacked by us before and therefore none of our business.

[snip]

None of them came to us saying, please let me in and hide me from attacks.

Because TW-S used to have/has high recruitment standards you probably never had to deal with this, but again, based on common knowledge, no one in their right mind would say this, because they would be kicked immediately.

I am technically a refugee as I left an alliance where i hated the leaders, and joined tw-s.

This is only true if you were attacked in the game by these leaders.

Am I to never play Alpha again except in alliance I mistakenly chose to start off with just because of some stupid generic refugee statement that some people made up? I am glad old tw-s decided against that, or else I would be stuck alliance-less and probably bored and gone, and tw-s may have never made it through leader changes over the years.

:rolleyes:

And if someone wants to put alliance at stake to save a refugee because they think they are worth it. Good for them. This game needs wars at all times. I donate money in RL to save refugees and enjoy sticking my neck out for people in game if they are worth the trouble.

Well, that's up to you. I merely wrote you and Cyreme about you guys taking in refugees. Never did I have any problems with people's responses before because it's just something one doesn't do. Apparently you think differently about that, being it sincerely to change the world or just plain arrogance.

I don't care about that, it just makes the game more interesting.

But funny how this evolves from a simple comment stating that it's very easy to grow fast when you somehow don't care about taking in refugees.

DeletedUser

When I started this game about a year ago, I learned that alliances don't take in refugees and that refugees in this game refers to players under heavy attack and now seeking shelter elsewhere.

So because Orthia disbanded and they were forced to find another alliance, because they wanted to join tw-s, they are refugees? Where are they supposed to go if not stay alliance-less since they are refugees everywhere according to you and whoever remade the definition of refugees. If they were in Orthia and only left to join tw-s to hide from attacks, yes, I see that as a refugee. Orthia disbanded, we recruited those we thought had some potential and would see how things go on a trial basis. If one of you ALLIES was attacking one of these new recruits, then OK, we have a valid point to discuss. But you were never our ally, so you can still attack the members all you want. They aren't hiding from attacks. They are right there. We aren't sitting here sending them 5k biremes to all their towns. We aren't even in same ocean as a few of them, hence why we have probably never attacked each other in first place. We are in different areas. We took some Orthia members not far out as we do have expansion plans some day and if we could recruit enough in one ocean to hold their own, then we would be fine. One player could withstand all attacks anyway at this point, rimming someone is really hard... it is usually just getting those pushovers to quit instead of realize the amazing amount of BP they can get by turtling up and expanding faster than by attacking BP. I am always hoping for some attacks, D is 3 times easier imo.

I did think how you approached me with just a link instead of an actual message like most leaders take the time to do was pretty lame so I ignored you because your laziness didn't grant a response.

So if you ever give up on grep and disband, all your alliance members should be left out in the cold per your refugee definition and they should never be let in another alliance because that is what you think should happen. They are refugees from someone as long as they have defensive BP. Esp if I send one attack out to all your members, one leader has attacked them all, instant refugee status, blacklisted from every alliance in alpha thereafter.

It is a game, I have played a few online games and learned even sworn enemies can one day become allies or even alliance-mates. We have recruited the ones that persevered through all attacks in an enemy alliance and when faced with the ultimate fact they are in a position to be rimmed, we approach them with offer of acceptance to keep a great player in the game and a great addition to alliance. Many enemies can be mature and fun to battle with, they are worth adding to alliance at a later point after proving their capabilities. This is just a game and if you actually have hatred against these people you don't even really know, then you are living a bit too much in this fake world.

DeletedUser

This is kind of going off topic but I have to agree with Essex on this one.
If a player can hold his own ground against an enemy while switching alliances, then they're not refugees.

The term refugee applies only to players who join an alliance and immediately calls for their new alliance to flex their muscles to force the attacker to back off.

DeletedUser

Wanax is merely interested in milking his friends for as long as he can so that he can retain his position. I look forward to the time we meet in battle, but I know that is at least a year away.

DeletedUser

So because Orthia disbanded and they were forced to find another alliance, because they wanted to join tw-s, they are refugees?

This is like talking to a wall. You're either ignorant or like scho1ar, who likes to twist words for his own benefit.

Okay, one more time:
A refugee is a person under heavy fire who seeks refuge in another alliance and it doesn't matter in this case if he asks for help or not. I gave you 2 persons and showed their stats. That was it.
And for the last time, I'm NOT talking about others or a general alliance or the rest of Alpha for that matters. Just these 2 persons who were under heavy attack by us and whom we took some cities from.

I stated that this is not done in grepo, but you tend to think otherwise. That's fine, but don't put anything else in my mouth.

DeletedUser

can i drop in?

a refugee is a person who is/has been heavily targeted and in order to escape the attacks he joins an alliance