2.0 Changelog: discussion

DeletedUser6810

Thanks skully

Looks good lads, nice to see a good content update.

DeletedUser

that is for the Dutch server tho. but i do not think .nl will get it before .net.

DeletedUser15100

There will be no problem to the 2.0 affecting the old version because you will be able to play the old version on a lot of worlds and new worlds will be made for 2.0, If your Laptop is to rubbish for 2.0, then don't sign up for a 2.0 world.

Also I think you should add some small things from 2.0 into the old version, such as the new god Hades.

Because it should be easy and plain simple to add just one more god, Hades, into the old version. It will make every player more satisfied on old version as well as the new 2.0 version.

Also, with the world wonders, I am not sure if it will work :p But it will take AGES to see if it does work :)

DeletedUser13459

do we know if or which of the old worlds will become 2.0?

DeletedUser

We do not know the extent to which the old worlds will be modified, or when this will happen. There was discussion that the old worlds will completely convert over with the exception of the ability to become Hero Worlds. Instead once the World Wonders are completed, the a mirror Hero World will be created and the regular old world will continue on rather than cease to exist as will happen with the new 2.0 Worlds. If it actually happens this way remains to be seen.

DeletedUser

I would like to clarify the 1.26.x world upgrade process to version 2.0, as I am being asked frequently when the new worlds will be modified

Before any of the 1.26 versions will be updated, will will have to successfully launch the 2.0 version on world Rho and Sigma. Once the majority of the bugs are fixed we will start to work on upgrading the existing 1.26.x worlds. How and when they will be upgraded will be disclosed at a later date.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Ascending to the hero worlds:

The point that are talked about are these BP points or are they overall points amount of cities?

The overall city points (which is used in the ranking system) will be used to evaluate if you are allowed to join the hero world or not.

DeletedUser

I've not tested a 2.0 server, but from the screenies it sounds like a great update.

My main worry is that the old worlds will become ghost towns as vast numbers of players move to the 2.0 servers leaving their old world accounts to rot away.

I'm hoping that the old worlds get fully upgraded to 2.0 very soon after the bugs are ironed out on the new worlds, otherwise they will just grind to a halt due to not enough active players.

I was wondering if something like a daily gift would encourage players to log in to their accounts more often and thus make servers more active? On Haypi Kingdom, you have to log in and click a link to get your daily gift, which can be resources, troops, treasure (greppo equivalent would be Favour I guess?) or gold (premium credits). If you don't login and click the link, the daily gift expires.

DeletedUser16444

Honestly, 2.0 looks great, but I hate how the map is the background and city overview is like a tab. but, the good thing is that I hated the multiple tabs open at once, so its good to see i can change it. Overal id give the update a 6/10, and all those good points came from the graphics :pro:

DeletedUser

On a 30" widescreen monitor, having the world map as background + multi-window display = full of win :)

DeletedUser13459

My main worry is that the old worlds will become ghost towns as vast numbers of players move to the 2.0 servers leaving their old world accounts to rot away.

I'm hoping that the old worlds get fully upgraded to 2.0 very soon after the bugs are ironed out on the new worlds, otherwise they will just grind to a halt due to not enough active players.

i actually have the same concerns. im very happy with the settings in Xi (if it were revolt it would be perfect in my opinion) and im not planning on leaving it any time soon but i do worry that we will struggle with players staying active in xi once more and more 2.0 worlds come out

DeletedUser

I've not tested a 2.0 server, but from the screenies it sounds like a great update.

I was wondering if something like a daily gift would encourage players to log in to their accounts more often and thus make servers more active? On Haypi Kingdom, you have to log in and click a link to get your daily gift, which can be resources, troops, treasure (greppo equivalent would be Favour I guess?) or gold (premium credits). If you don't login and click the link, the daily gift expires.

Well, suggest the idea in the ideas forum (if it hasn't been suggested already, that is).

DeletedUser

perang

harusnya berperang degan baik bukan membangun dong bisa didownload juga.

Last edited by a moderator:

Varun

Strategos
The Phoenician Trader: 2/10
I personally find this feature rather useless. The fact that buying units cost silver, the most demanded resource in the game, purchasing them is not necessarily worth it. The resource trading is nice due to the favorable trade ratio, but it's not that much as you advance. When you have more than maybe 5 cities, the phoenician merchant may become all but obsolete and easily ignorable/overlooked during everyday gameplay. I did not look favorably upon this addition when it was announced as a feature of 2.0 and still do not unless they are willing to improve its uses down the road.

Velerios came with an offer. 8625 silver for one Cerberus. He's crazy. One can build a Cerberus for a cheaper cost. This applies to other units too. It would be better if he reduced his price.

DeletedUser

Well what world will the vergion be in? Will they make a new world for it?