2.0 Flaw

• Thread starter The Great Toast
  • Start date

DeletedUser

A huge flaw in the 2.0 is that people will wait for alliances to completely finish their wonder then they will just colonize and the structure will be demolished :Angry:

DeletedUser

no, you must control the whole island, (and if you are stupid enough to leave one open you deserve it.

DeletedUser4013

You can't build a wonder if there are anchor points open on the island. And Toast...it's not really a flaw. It creates more incentive to attack an enemy since you don't want them to gain the benefit of the complete wonder

DeletedUser

No. Every spot has to be occupied by a city in the same alliance

DeletedUser

doy toast. every spot has to be colonized, and alliances stupid enough not to load those spots with support don't deserve to build it

DeletedUser11595

should the island have all the eight cities of the same alliance or 4 or 5

DeletedUser

Well I have to say that if every slot on an island has to be filled, even with new builds it's a waste of time building them and a serious flaw in thinking. It also removes the grey flag farms from an island and reduces resources, not good!

Who in thier right mind would build a new city when you could just conquer one?

Anyone who has 3 or more cities would never want a new build, ever!

I think this needs some serious revision. You should have control over an island with only your alliance cities on it and maybe 4 cities on that island to build a wonder.

What will happen is that we will be scrambling to make 'turtle' islands to build wonders and no one will be attacking anyone.

Also, with a 'turtle' island it is almost impossible to make a conquest of a city, once again a serious flaw but only noticable by those who play.

Come on dev's you can fix this, make it 4 cities per wonder and the island under the control of the alliance. That way everyone will have a serious chance to build one and more important to attack those being built and make conquests on the island to stop it.

Storm

TBSBanner.jpg

DeletedUser

Meh i like it the way it is.
@Storm, there are islands with multiple alliances that own 4 cities on that island, how will you solve that?

DeletedUser

Meh i like it the way it is.
@Storm, there are islands with multiple alliances that own 4 cities on that island, how will you solve that?

Well maybe it would be better if you need at least 4 cities on that island and to own all the cities on the island

DeletedUser

But then the problem TGT describe, would occur a lot! Because if a free anchor spot would get colonized, the whole miracle would be destroyed.

I think the best way to build one of these is to start on an island where already 15-18 cities are in the hands of 1 alliance, i think the advantages the miracles give you would Be worth the new city of 750 pnts.

DeletedUser

you would have to take over the city to regain control of the island and waste a city slot.

I would still allow the wonder to be built but stop it so you can't complete it without controling the island.

And if anyone lands on the island after you complete it it dosen't matter.

I am just against 'turtle islands' they reduce resources on islands, slow rebuilding down and more importantly waste city slots. Only players and alliances with little idea make them in the false sense they are safe islands and they will never lose cities on them. All they are from our perspective are great farming islands :)

TBSBanner.jpg

DeletedUser

Well if your foolish enough to have a wonder near an enemy alliance you deserve to get it taken off you. Most alliances will build it in their core where it would take more than48 hours to get there via CS so no one could colonize on that island :)

DeletedUser

4 cities is ridiculously low, they are trying to make it so it's actually a challenge to build a wonder... i'm sure almost every top5 alliance in every world has at least 4 cities on at least half of their islands!

owning an entire island means that you have to make some sacrifices (like colonising a bunch of anchor points) to get the benefit of the wonder, and that makes a lot of sense to me.

DeletedUser

Or just take the existing turtle islands. Its much easier as they are usually owned by MRAs.

DeletedUser

I have to say that I like the idea but we won't be making any turtle islands thats for sure as it's a pointless exercise that just wastes slots that are better spent on taking cities off enemies, imho of course :)

Also, turtle islands are never where you want them, so again, a waste of time.

A real shame though as the idea is really cool but needs more input from players. I think it would have been real nice to get the input of the top 20 players on all the servers and take on board thier ideas, posative and negative as they are the ones who play the game the most and understand it quite a bit :)

TBSBanner.jpg

DeletedUser

So now I guess spys will be a Major problem. What happens when a spy leaves your alliance on an island that a wonder is being built on? Bye bye wonder.......

DeletedUser

Storm, you don't seem to get it. You can still make "turtle islands" and attack. Just have a whole bunch of members make one city on the island. This way, only one slot is taken up. This will add many strategies to the game. As zorlog pointed out, people will have to be more careful of spies. This means that MRA's won't have turtle islands because allies will decide to leave revealing they were spying and destroying the wonder in the process.

I'd like to point out that top players don't always play that much, sometimes they just have big wallets.