2.0 on Alpha

DeletedUser13539

I agree with Cocotte, Boglin ;) and Eguzon on this matter. We don't need the farming system, for god's sake we are all so far in this game and beyond that TBH, besides no new players are allowed into the world anyway. The Wonders, Gods would be great, and not so important or necessary the new conquering system too because I personally like staking cities, beating the crap out of them to try and break a siege. There is just some element of satisfaction when you survive an onslaught of great magnitude :D

DeletedUser

Sent today by Grepolis:

Grepolis today at 6:00 PM
Dear players,

The age of the World Wonders is near. Therefore we would like to use this opportunity to answer questions about the World wonders and their relationship with the, soon appearing , Hero worlds.
The following text will concentrate on clarifying the rewards for finishing the world wonders and reaching the winning conditions of a world. Note that Hero world access requirements are not discussed fully in this text.

What will players receive for completing the winning conditions?

If an alliance builds 4 of the 7 World Wonders they will receive the following:
• All alliance members will receive an original certificate for completing their respective world
• Their warehouses in the Hero worlds will be able to hold 10% more favors (500<>550)
• A special award will become available: “Winner of world XXX” (Hero worlds will also become accessible)

If an alliance builds all 7 World Wonders they will receive the following:
• The Award “Ruler of XXX”
• A Crown will be displayed in the player profile of the winning alliance (Global/Master)

When does a world end?
The worlds do not end after 4 World wonders are completed by an alliance, it will continue. The next goal for the leading alliance will of course be to gain control of all 7 World Wonders. Once, and if they can achieve this, they will unlock the most prestigious award available in the game “Ruler of XXX”. This will be visible on the player’s profile.

The Worlds will continue to stay open until the next hero world is launched. Then the worlds will be assessed for activity. It is not our intention to take away the hard earned cities and armies our players have developed. If a world’s active users fall below the limit of 1000, the endgame for the world will be ushered in. The players then have the chance fight their final battles and wars for another 4 weeks. The countdown will be displayed in game. Once it ends, the world will also come to an end and close.

What are the Hero world access conditions?
Hero worlds are created for experienced Grepolis players. All players who belonged to the alliance that built 4 World wonders may enter. Alliance players who built all 7 World Wonders are also granted access to the Heroworlds(In case these alliances are not the same). Of course other players may also earn the right to establish a city on a hero world. Though we cannot disclose this information right now, we can say the following: A Single-Player-Award can unlock access to the Hero worlds.

When do the first Hero worlds start?
The first Hero world will be launched on December 15.12.2011. All players who have access rights may then join the new Grepolis adventure. Further Hero world information will be released in November.

What about the old worlds?
Are you impatient to get the new features of 2.0 and to start building the world wonders in the old worlds? We also have an awesome news for you: from today to Wednesday, you can vote and decide either you want the update on old worlds or not. This one has been send to you in the game. Check your messages!

Have fun on Grepolis!

DeletedUser2246

Never got one either. Prob the update doesn't apply to Alpha ;)

DeletedUser

From what I understood we are having a chance to vote on what we want updated to our version. So it may apply to us later in the future depending on the vote. But I also think that if we ever got the wonders that it would take a long time to win seeing how wars last forever already.

DeletedUser

I think they haven't put it up yet from what they sent in the message they'll send a message with the link in it.

DeletedUser1594

actually, the message says 'This one has been send to you in the game...' which i think implies that it has been 'sent'. It is quite possible that Alpha will not and was never intended to get it. As in the original reason for putting up this post would suggest.

DeletedUser

Just to add, Gamma has not gotten it either. Nor have any of the other worlds from what I have heard.

DeletedUser2627

I didn't get the vote message, just that announcement

At least its obvious I am not the only one who has failed to received the message with the voting link...even though the mail advising of the impending vote implies it was already sent out at the time that letter was mailed.

Now here is the interesting thing I made notice of...

Over the last 12 hours, I have received FOUR notifications of new inbox mails. Yet there was only ONE actual new mail in this entire time....that being the letter advising that the implementation of V2.0 on V1.0 worlds was going to be voted on.

So its looking obvious to me that Grepolis is sending out the mass mails for the votes, but their failure to be delivered on Alpha in time to issue a proper vote (especially when there is also no other posted links to the voting site) before implementation or denial of V2.0 is a fair indication that InooGames and Grepolis management are planning to let Alpha be completely bypassed for the upgrade regardless of how players would vote.

Either that, or Grepolis has already made its determination on this one way or another without taking into consideration the results of said vote.

DeletedUser

Just received and completed my survey/vote for 2.0 on Alpha.

DeletedUser

Ginormous really it's more like the lower players seem to be left alone and higher up players get eaten up if possible I know that alliances will take out the stronger because there more of a threat that the smaller ones but really the first ones to go are the in actives and then it's pretty mixed with string and weak being taken out.