2.0 on Alpha

DeletedUser1594

.... ...i believe the the face i'm looking for is a -_-.

are you agreeing with me or not agreeing with me?? higher up players get eaten up and lower players get left alone. .... the something string.... and the weak are taken out right after the inactives who are the first to go.

but i ..agree with you? the weak players are taken out first. mostly by the top players who don't battle a lot. and also by the weak players who aren't as weak. and also by the
guys in their 'core' oceans?

...so then ... stop .. disagreeing with me?

DeletedUser

Well I'm sorta agreeing but not at the same time I agree that the lower players are some of the first to go but where I disagreed was where you said that they are the first to go after the inactives it's a toss up I've seen alliances go for the strongest and some go for the weakest it's just really depends on how they view the game.

DeletedUser2627

lol. MFRaven is a pessimistic. of course said vote is meaningless.
..but good news is:
You got your message.
You got your vote.

Be happy.

I see nothing about this being pessimistic....except for the fact its been three days now since the notification of the vote was mailed out; and in said notice, voting expired Wednesday.

And while there are some who have received the voting letter later than advertised but apparently on Wednesday so they could vote; there still seem to be some who never got the survey and voting link.

I for one am still waiting.

DeletedUser

If someone please explain to me
I have upgrade the village farm to lvl4 and i want to take some troops out from there (4 slingers) that action gives you -40 happiness that means that the village will revolt and i will loose it (63 % was the limit ) ? or if increase the lvl of the village
the amount of happiness subtract will be smaller
Thanks for any info you can reply

DeletedUser4013

Increasing the level of the FV will not affect the mood of the village. If you demand 4 Slings from the village it will not cause it to revolt instantly. Being below 80% (64% id you have Diplomacy researched) increases the risk of revolt. The more that the mood is lowered the greater the chance of revolt. If the mood falls below 15% (13% with Diplomacy) the village will revolt.

Mood increases 1% per hour on Speed 1 worlds.

DeletedUser

is the search meteorology now total useless? if not what is the benefit 10% faster movement for what ?

DeletedUser

at the older varsion if you had some extra points it would be some kind of use to go and loot villages faster but now ?

DeletedUser

I use meteorology so I can send catapults racing across my island at lightning fast attack speeds...

DeletedUser

speaking of speed all the times for trades in the market are screwed someone can take a look and try to repair it?

DeletedUser6948

speaking of speed all the times for trades in the market are screwed someone can take a look and try to repair it?

It's not just the market all the trading times for my trades are about twice what they were.

DeletedUser

Uugh, this new version is terrible.
It used to be compatible, now it just shows this blue bar.
I have to refresh 3 times and wait TEN minutes on a fast connection.
I have a modern browser, updated to the latest version, but this problem is infuriating.

DeletedUser

Forum mods, I thought I saw something about building 10 horsemen or 30 slingers isn't much of a problem to take over farming villages? How do you propose 30 slingers take out a farming village with 150 archers and sword and 75 hoplites with a level 20 (I think) wall? The hint says "Attack with catapults."
C'mon grepolis, that's a bit more than 30 slingers.

DeletedUser

I tried their advice and attacked with cats.
A five hour journey later, the farming village remained unconquered :/

DeletedUser1594

lol. if you're worried about 150 anything, then you probably have bigger problems than that.

DeletedUser

It's a bit of an "inconvenience" to have to make a force that can beat that in a bireme city.

DeletedUser1594

it was a bit of an "inconvenience" before as well in a bireme city. i built some farming units. i worked around it.
it has become a bit of an inconvenience where my farming units have become useless once the FV were conquered. i worked around it.
You can manage.

On another note. I see what some you guys meant about the lag. it's not as bad for me as you guys say but i see it.
there's the lag when switching b/w cities. and instead of the spinning timer, the window just becomes shaded and non-responsive. classic PR tactic. it is not a programming issue they can fix, so they changed it so that the same issue becomes a 'new' concern.
and when the spinning timer goes on too long and i decide to refresh, there's another second or two lag before the "response error" appears and then the screen refreshes. so that maybe a memory thing.
but overall the in-game changes have been for the better. as seen by all those who are sending their resources to the WW addition.

DeletedUser

Somehow Grepolis prefers Google Chrome over the other browsers...
The switch is making it better, but the blue bar before the game loads still takes a long time.