2.0 update ...ARE YOU FOR REAL

DeletedUser

Whatever the case may be, the game sucks now. It will be more fun to invest time in a game that doesn't rather than deal with the pile of dung this game has become....

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser17527

sigh, no its not. The amount that inno will recieve from gold from 1.26 worlds will be a lot less than their revenue from 2.0. Also they need to spend money on updating and maintaining 1.26 as well as 2.0. Also, lets be honest, you can make a petition, and get 1000 people, and threat to stop paying gold, but at the end of the day nearly none of you are going to quit, after all the time you've spent.

Sorry but your argument is crudely flawed. Besides, most players buy large amounts of gold by credit card in one hit, not weekly.

well you are wrong many top players have already quit as the time spent has nothing to do with it, it's simply a case of not being able to play the game we signed up for and there are other games and other ways we will spend the time and/or money we used to spend on here

DeletedUser

Whatever the case may be, the game sucks now. It will be more fun to invest time in a game that doesn't rather than deal with the pile of dung this game has become....

Thank you so much for repeating your opinion over nine thousand times. Now I would politely suggest you to make up your mind and actually decide to stay or quit. It's getting old. :)

DeletedUser16927

Signing the petition to go back to 1.0. If I wanted to play 2.0 I would have. I did try 2.0 on Byzantium and Omega. HATE IT. It's not just farming, it's also the way the map works and the general layout. If you have no gold, and 6 - 8 cities, then farming is a pain in the butt. This is about $$$$$.

DeletedUser

Farming has always been a pain around 7 cities.

I have never had the problems farming the "upgraded" version has given me (more time on comp, loading problems, having to chat with people who don't play Nu world {hint hint}...)

DeletedUser

Thank you so much for repeating your opinion over nine thousand times. Now I would politely suggest you to make up your mind and actually decide to stay or quit. It's getting old. :)

Nine thousand more, buddy. Don't even log into the game anymore, but be here to get on the nerve of those like yourself. I at least hope you are getting some free gold for "wetting their whistle"....

DeletedUser16679

not as old as im getting waiting for this game to load, the response errors are constant

DeletedUser

Nine thousand more, buddy. Don't even log into the game anymore, but be here to get on the nerve of those like yourself. I at least hope you are getting some free gold for "wetting their whistle"....
Do you realize I'm not even a mod anymore, or even play the game anymore? :)
I have always liked 2.0 over 1.xx and I have never played a 1.xx world since the release of 2.0.

DeletedUser4013

well you are wrong many top players have already quit as the time spent has nothing to do with it, it's simply a case of not being able to play the game we signed up for and there are other games and other ways we will spend the time and/or money we used to spend on here

May I ask, and please don't take this the wrong way, but why do you feel that this game would stay as it was? There are a lot of browser games that have started off with a simple version of a war game. Over time, as it becomes more popular with players, the company decides to add more features to give more depth to the game. It increases the challenge, and adds more dimension to the game. Over time, as the game continues to increase in popularity, the company then decides to overhaul the game to keep up with current technology and redesigns the graphics, changes the UI because a lot of players want a minimal layout, eventually with all of the new features that are included, it becomes a new version. This will always happen so long as technology continues to improve. So again, I ask, why do you think that the game you signed up for would remain how it was?

DeletedUser

What I would say is that were 2.0 worlds out there for those that wanted them

Clearly there was no big move from Nu to any of those worlds and many people like myself tried them but didn't like it so came back to Nu

I am sure there could have been changes made in graphics etc. but I have had to wipe out over half my forces just to capture farms and some islands I cant take over the farms because they are full of ships

If the game had not started fair enough but to make such fundamental changes when the game is as well established as it is with so many glitches was in my view a mistake.

DeletedUser

What is it with you and your wise crack replies

I am fully aware that I couldnt farm them BUT I could still transfer from one resource to another so if I built up one resource I could swap it amongst the farms on the island and get a 25% uplift which is no longer available

DeletedUser

Its simple,
unable to play the game very well,
so like the old saying those that can, do. those that can't teach,

DeletedUser

I am fully aware that I couldnt farm them BUT I could still transfer from one resource to another so if I built up one resource I could swap it amongst the farms on the island and get a 25% uplift which is no longer available

This is a known flaw and Tyrion has passed the suggestion to make trading available without having to conquer a farms on to the Product Manager, iirc.

Its simple,
unable to play the game very well,
so like the old saying those that can, do. those that can't teach,

Yeah, me being in the top 20 in points, abp and being #2 in dbp on tau for several months, and sniping 17 CSs with the troops of 1 city clearly indicates I'm a poor player. :D

DeletedUser

wow your good :) Talk about blowing your own trumpet

my experience of you was far from that, in fact I would go as far as saying laughable

DeletedUser

Look I am not into some form of macho but dont try comparing stats with Graeme as you will lose pure and simple OK

The thing is in 2.0 you are rewarding those palyers who are able to sit in front of their screen and every 5 mins press refresh to gain resources. In V1.0 it was more equal for if you raided a farm more than 3 times per day the mood would lessen and they would attack therefore it was more equal also the gathering time was much longer depending on the troops sent

Therefore resources were more likely to be equal for all players

Now if you have someone able and willing to sit in front of a screen and press farming every 5 minutes they gather resources without affecting the mood of the farm so they will m,arch ahead of all the other players who cannot make that commitment

For many of us that was what made playing Nu such fun as there were consequences to one's actions and that one who to plan

DeletedUser

Look I am not into some form of macho but dont try comparing stats with Graeme as you will lose pure and simple OK
I'm not comparing anything. I'm sure he's a good player, but that does not mean I am bad, agreed? I'm merely saying I'm not some noob who doesn't know how to play the game he's talking about.
The thing is in 2.0 you are rewarding those palyers who are able to sit in front of their screen and every 5 mins press refresh to gain resources. In V1.0 it was more equal for if you raided a farm more than 3 times per day the mood would lessen and they would attack therefore it was more equal also the gathering time was much longer depending on the troops sent

Therefore resources were more likely to be equal for all players

Now if you have someone able and willing to sit in front of a screen and press farming every 5 minutes they gather resources without affecting the mood of the farm so they will m,arch ahead of all the other players who cannot make that commitment

For many of us that was what made playing Nu such fun as there were consequences to one's actions and that one who to plan
Yes it is true, but is this necessarily a bad thing? People who spend all of their free time on this game should have an advantage imo.
Don't get me wrong, I don't find this the perfect system either, but I do find it much better than the system in 1.xx because in 2.0, with captain activated, you can still farm everyday in all your cities even if you have 20 cities. This was almost impossible to do in 1.26 as you had to strengthen a couple of times, then loot it. This 2 times a day, for 8 farms, for every city. Now you have a farming overview with the captain which allows you to farm consistently in all your cities.

I do very much agree that non-premium players have a huge advantage, but so far nobody has proposed a working solution yet. This is a problem for all worlds, btw, not only for the older worlds.

DeletedUser

And there is the crux you now almost have to have a captain which means gold when previously you didnt.

People who spent all their time on the game previously still had an advantage but now it is much more marked

My point is that players who wanted the new system had the opportunity to play in the new worlds but clearly those playing in Nu were happy to play within that system

I personally rarely farmed as the effort of collecting resources and time waited meant that I tended to trade within farms but that was my choice but now if someone is prepared to press refresh every 5 mins they could gain over 8000 resources per day far more than could ever been garnered from v1.0

DeletedUser

Games will be updated, you will see it everywhere. These updates will always have features that the masses don't like. To fix this the players should voice their opinion and give suggestions to improve these flawed functions. The update is not going to be undone.

Like I said, I do agree that the farming system isn't perfect, and yes, as it is now captain is a must to farm efficiently. Maybe someone will come with a witty solution for this problem; I hope so, but for now we just have to deal with it.

Oh and about the possibility of getting more resources than in 1.xx, I'm not sure, but I think Inno did this because the wonders require a huge amount of resources, and they didn't want the game to die because people wouldn't have resources to build troops anymore. I'm not sure about this though, it's a hypothesis.