2.0 update ...ARE YOU FOR REAL

DeletedUser

Some have made their opinions known and others have highlighted areas that need to be reviewed my point is why weren't these changes properly tested views sought and then the game revised in a robust manner

If I had known the implications for all these changes I would not have put a lot of silver in my caves recently because all offensive troops need silver and all my cities have lost half their troops to conquer the farms silver has become a rare commodity in the Nu World you only have to look in the marketplaces to see that

Its these issues that should have been addressed and I would suggest the developers reinstate the old version whilst they robustly test the system as there are many issues both technical such as Response Error and others that have been highlighted regarding game play

DeletedUser17527

May I ask, and please don't take this the wrong way, but why do you feel that this game would stay as it was? There are a lot of browser games that have started off with a simple version of a war game. Over time, as it becomes more popular with players, the company decides to add more features to give more depth to the game. It increases the challenge, and adds more dimension to the game. Over time, as the game continues to increase in popularity, the company then decides to overhaul the game to keep up with current technology and redesigns the graphics, changes the UI because a lot of players want a minimal layout, eventually with all of the new features that are included, it becomes a new version. This will always happen so long as technology continues to improve. So again, I ask, why do you think that the game you signed up for would remain how it was?

My point was that I (and many others) am not interested in the new version, it seems clear it was implemented for the purpose of raising more $$ than improving the gameplay, so good luck to innogames I hope they reach the income goals they aim for but with so many now better options out there I was merely stating that grepolis has lost my support

Yeah, me being in the top 20 in points, abp and being #2 in dbp on tau for several months, and sniping 17 CSs with the troops of 1 city clearly indicates I'm a poor player. :D

I won an award for finding all the easter eggs once....

DeletedUser

Change it back to 1.0 I am losing my men to farms when I used to just farm to build those lost in war.
Everything is not working properley try to go into my own forum and I cant get it to bring up any subject things are taking too long.

DeletedUser

boonta said:
My point was that I (and many others) am not interested in the new version, it seems clear it was implemented for the purpose of raising more $$ than improving the gameplay, so good luck to innogames I hope they reach the income goals they aim for but with so many now better options out there I was merely stating that grepolis has lost my support

Well you and many others may have not been interested but the survey was a "Yes" for the update so again, nothing we can do about it other than give the CM & CoCM's ideas to pass along to the developers to make the v2.0 a better game for everyone. Also, everyone has their own opinions on what they'd like v2.0 to be like. So just hang in and hope for the best. :)

cohernopolis said:
Change it back to 1.0 I am losing my men to farms when I used to just farm to build those lost in war.
Everything is not working properley try to go into my own forum and I cant get it to bring up any subject things are taking too long.

I'm sorry but Grepolis won't be changing back to v1.0 I don't believe. It's 2.0 and I think they plan on it staying that way. :)
Grepolis is aware of the lag issues and I'm sure they're working on them now. :)

~ Lane

DeletedUser

Correct me if i am wrong but if they are sure of the fact that V2.0 is staying dont you think it would have been a good idea to have all the devs working on making this transition from V1.0 to 2.0 as streamlined as possible. Instead of opening up more new worlds?

Ephesus was opened on the 12th of December, a day before the original proposed upgrade date

I won an award for finding all the easter eggs once....

Lmao ;)

DeletedUser

I know many would think me a cynic but I wonder if anyone who puts a vote to a survey ever NOT get the answer they were looking for...:|

DeletedUser

Correct me if i am wrong but if they are sure of the fact that V2.0 is staying dont you think it would have been a good idea to have all the devs working on making this transition from V1.0 to 2.0 as streamlined as possible. Instead of opening up more new worlds?

Ephesus was opened on the 12th of December, a day before the original proposed upgrade date

The opening of a world for all of you is nothing more than a reset. The mods will have tested that world about a week before it opens. It doesn't require a lot of effort.

DeletedUser

So, on the whole I like greppo 2.0 - but there are a few things that make it really painful:

1. Trade issues - I've posted detailed info in the bugs forum. These need fixing ASAP IMHO.

2. Farming system is a bit pants - I'm not hugely keen on it, perhaps because I now have to capture 8 (farms) * 30ish (islands on which I have cities) = about 240 farms.

In particular, it's quite painful where I only have a defence city or boat city on an island - it means I have to kill a load of troops in order to get access to those farms.

The farming UI and UX seem quite clunky and convoluted. One thing that would help is being able to set default time (eg. 8 hours) for demands.

3. The separation of everything on the city view is clunky. There's some changes I think need making here:

a) Move the city name, next/prev, recruiting/attacks/trade, resources, god, etc., back in to the city window.

b) Allow multiple city windows open, each being able to show different city.

c) Keep everything to do with a city in the one city window. Maybe have tabs along the top of the window for the buildings so I can quickly enter a building by either clicking it in the overview or clicking the relevant tab.

I think these changes would make greppo 2.x significantly nicer than 1.x.

DeletedUser4013

So, on the whole I like greppo 2.0 - but there are a few things that make it really painful:

1. Trade issues - I've posted detailed info in the bugs forum. These need fixing ASAP IMHO.

I have yet to give that thread a proper read through, but I will. I'll also pass on your suggestions in there.

2. Farming system is a bit pants - I'm not hugely keen on it, perhaps because I now have to capture 8 (farms) * 30ish (islands on which I have cities) = about 240 farms.

In particular, it's quite painful where I only have a defence city or boat city on an island - it means I have to kill a load of troops in order to get access to those farms.

The farming UI and UX seem quite clunky and convoluted. One thing that would help is being able to set default time (eg. 8 hours) for demands.

Taking over all 8 farms is not a requirement, but players seem to think it is. I have recommended to others that you take over those farms which you can trade away surplus resources. Naval cities have surpluses different from land nuke cities. The need to take over all 8 seems to be a player preference.

3. The separation of everything on the city view is clunky. There's some changes I think need making here:

a) Move the city name, next/prev, recruiting/attacks/trade, resources, god, etc., back in to the city window.

b) Allow multiple city windows open, each being able to show different city.

c) Keep everything to do with a city in the one city window. Maybe have tabs along the top of the window for the buildings so I can quickly enter a building by either clicking it in the overview or clicking the relevant tab.

I think these changes would make greppo 2.x significantly nicer than 1.x.

A. Wouldn't moving all of those items back into the City Overview just mean that you'd be changing it to look like 1.26?

B. This is something that could be very useful to all players.

C. If B is put in place, you would need something like this since the quickbar wouldn't really allow for that currently.

DeletedUser

A. Wouldn't moving all of those items back into the City Overview just mean that you'd be changing it to look like 1.26?

No, I prefer the windowed display of 2.x, particularly the larger map in the background.

I think it would be easier if I mock up what I would think a better UI would look like - where would be the best place for me to post that mockup as I feel it merits a separate topic...?

DeletedUser

Oops, I'd already posted a new topic in ideas forum, it's here:

http://forum.en.grepolis.com/showthread.php?t=31025

A sneak peek:

20111219-fqps27ie5dmscd4hxnj39fix7k.preview.jpg

DeletedUser

Wow that is impressive Aubergine and I do like the set up and agree to a lot of your points

DeletedUser

Thanks King for starting this petition

Signing this petition is not a fun thing, but the only thing that I hope will help turning off this catastrophy that's called V2.0.

Farming is just a little piece of the completely bugged new system. Hundreds of Response Errors clearly show that the server is not up to the complexity of this new UIF. All fluidity while moving around and manipulating resources/troops/ships/figures ... is gone. It has become a pain to play this game. Only the social aspects keep us in the game, else most of our ally members would have quit.

Please, Grepo team, revert Nu world to V1.0 NOW !

DeletedUser

Response error? is that not a new feature???? or some form of subliminal message????

My next city was going to be called that, see it that often!

DeletedUser

Great update on this game. You guys should name your cities error response. There there is that time where you try to click on the icon where it should go to your island but it never does. You have to log in and out just to get what you want. This is too much of a choir. Good luck playing to those who decided to stay. :D

DeletedUser

I like auburgine's idea, (nice mock up)

HOWEVER when I played grepo I was on Nu and Rho. 1 1.0 place and a 2.0 place.
I hate 2.0! its painful to watch a game go so wrong,
"If It Aint Broke Dont Fix It" comes to mind,
I paid money on this game while I played and Im glad i now was destroyed, Im 15 years old and money aint so easy to get and with money hard to keep your hands on now of days with everywhere with taxes goin up :(
I dont care if it doesnt do anything but I will sign this to get 1.0 back!!!

Dont worry goins we finally have something to agree with!

DeletedUser15279

I'm not too bothered about the 2.0 to be honest...
The thing that I find weired than it is that Stuned is only 15...