2.0 Update Survey Results

DeletedUser

A lot of you are saying this poll is incorrect for your world and i do agree it most likely is but InnoGames has conducted this poll wrong.
To keep the most players and please the most it should have been conducted on a world-world basis so that worlds who want to have 1.26 can do while those who want to update to 2.0 can.
I personally prefer 2.0 although i would happily play both, but if any world did not have a majority of players voting for 2.0 i believe InnoGames has made a great mistake and has lost many loyal players who spent money.

DeletedUser

You know, if you want to play 2.0 you should have joined new world, not voted for destruction of ours. Idea that 1.0 worlds should be installed for every few 2.0 worlds passed too. That way we could all have what we want, either 2.0, our old 1.0 worlds, or new 1.0 worlds. This was you kill our way of playing. Somebody mentioned that he will not be able to play grepolis once new graphic comes out, because he has slow connection. Great move, indeed. Thanks for ruining must fun game I ever played. You should have listen to our wishes to stop this madness. You just sawed of 1/2 of largest and longest gold consumers, and added to poorness of players in old worlds. Thank you again.

Well when i started to play this game, there wasn't any 2.0 worlds to play, and second it takes to much time to start from beginning, so what i prefer the most is that i keep my account and play 2.0 world.

DeletedUser12667

Just lost 2 more mates of over a year of play:( I hate to see how many more follow:(

DeletedUser15946

Butcher Vrnograc - so do you have the right to make our grepolis something it was not when we all joined and spent more then year playing it?

DeletedUser

Well like I said long ago..The servers would be upgraded and we should be expecting it. All we can do is either try to play 2.0 and play our game or quit. We can't get back 1.26 now..Everything is upgraded so we just have to make the best of it all. :)

DeletedUser

Tell you what. Let me know how the petition for a return to 1.0, numbers stack up against the numbers of who you say were in favor of this 2.0. let's be honest now shall we.

DeletedUser4013

And I can tell you that the numbers of Forum users are not equal to the number of players in-game. The forums contain roughly 15-20% of the total player population.

DeletedUser

And I can tell you that the numbers of Forum users are not equal to the number of players in-game. The forums contain roughly 15-20% of the total player population.

Though your point is entirely correct, we have seen a number of new forumers coming onto their world section and apologising for voting yes to 2.0.

Do you accept that many more will now want to turn back?

DeletedUser4013

Should they like to revert back to 1.26, I doubt that is a bridge that can be crossed again. Think of it as making a sea journey and when you reach new land you burn your ships to prevent the temptation of going back because you want a new life. That's more likley what we have here.

DeletedUser22650

more like we've been shipped off to the colonies and left behind while the ship sails off home to merry old blighty, nothing left to do now but persecute the natives of this new and hostile frontier :p

DeletedUser

Too Bad

I and other players I have spoken too believe the days of Grepolis is coming to an end. Grepolis is a good concept of a game, but a game needs to keep players playing, Grepolis dosent. The original version was playable and enjoyable for the most part, other then a major factor which makes new players leave. After a month of playing you can loose your original city.
A large percentage loose their citys early on and never return to the game.

2.0 is slow and expensive and “right on” you can still loose everything in a month or less. Since 2.0 has entered I have seen the world players dropping like flys. It used to be in the tens of thousands plaing in one world. Now, it is a few thousand playing for the short term until another world shows up. SAD.. Oh, don’t forget, play a world for six plus months and then the powers that be CLOSE THE WORLD. RIGHT ON!!

I am still playing for now, But not for long.

DeletedUser12512

I and other players I have spoken too believe the days of Grepolis is coming to an end. Grepolis is a good concept of a game, but a game needs to keep players playing, Grepolis dosent. The original version was playable and enjoyable for the most part, other then a major factor which makes new players leave. After a month of playing you can loose your original city.
A large percentage loose their citys early on and never return to the game.

2.0 is slow and expensive and “right on” you can still loose everything in a month or less. Since 2.0 has entered I have seen the world players dropping like flys. It used to be in the tens of thousands plaing in one world. Now, it is a few thousand playing for the short term until another world shows up. SAD.. Oh, don’t forget, play a world for six plus months and then the powers that be CLOSE THE WORLD. RIGHT ON!!

I am still playing for now, But not for long.

how can you possibly have that much neg rep with only 5 posts?

DeletedUser

This seems to be a joke so far. There is no accountability accepted by Inno, the mods talk in circles, and there is 0% transparency of this move.* It's like a corporate decision made by the bosses.

From Tyrion:

(My comments are in bold)
"I still fail to see how players could not understand that 1.0 is directly referring to 1.26 Worlds. There are no 1.0 Worlds listed in the Forums, on the world start pages, or anywhere for that matter. Logically, that can only mean that 1.0 = 1.26. Logically, 1.0 is not 1.26. Why not title the survey 1.26 -2.0 if that is what was meant?

Even if your survey is being carried out in the other Top 12 or 24 Alliances, that would still only account for maybe 20% of the players at most. What a lot of players in the game fail to realize is that their alliance may be against the upgrade, but there are many more smaller players and alliances who are for it. The world does not consist of just the Top 12 or 24 Alliances. Rubbish. If every listed player is included that adds up to at least 1.000 who started and left without quitting, and many who are inactive, the majority of INVESTED players are in the top alliances.

I don't have the information about what the world percentages were. You would have to ask Gordopolis if that information is available. As for the upgrade, it was decided by a majority of 1.26 players across the Worlds from Alpha to Pi, and each world will be upgraded to 2.0. As for the paying players, I have seen complaints from people in the forums and it's the same 20-25 people. If the premium players are in arms about this, we have received no support tickets or otherwise about this. In fact many of the tickets about the 2.0 upgrade are more questions about when and what the players will be getting. So, is our only avenue by individual "Support Tickets"?

If ONE single world (Eta) wishes to remain under 1.26, how hard is that for them? I ONLY play Eta, and most serious players in Eta also play only Eta.

Give Eta a proper choice. :(

Regards,
Leo

* Using stats from an invalid survey across multiple worlds is not proof of anything.

And Pi