2.0 update

DeletedUser

every damn game does it. they think it will make them more money and they think if they dont the server will die off in a year or so? the server will be all but gone whiten a month. the more i try to play in 2.0 the less i want to play the game at all. how about another vote? see who wants it now that they know what is in it.

I am not happy. But I do not think they will retrograde the server guys. Let's be realistic. It was almost a year before the promise of upgrading the servers happened.

During that year long span, when we were not updated at all, 2.0 grew larger and more and more different from 1.26. If we would have been updated when it was said to be done, 1) most people would not have had 50 cities, so the upgrade would have been easy on them, 2) things would have been more similar and therefore easier 3) no one would have been as a bitter because Inno would have kept their word.

Let's remember that 1.5 months ago, Inno was stringent on "it is impossible" to upgrade the servers. Look what happened?

I think, the truth of the matter is - someone, who represents the company, needs to explain the situation, in honesty to the players.

That would keep people playing the game, and make us more understanding of the situation.

DeletedUser

Do you reckon if enough people demand it, they will reconsider?

If I do quit, I may keep in touch just in case they revert back to v1.26...

DeletedUser

Well now the people who voted YES can come out and tell us they like it.

So far all the yes votes seem to regret it and there were I reckon about 300 yes votes as from talking to people there was at least 100 No's

So come out and tell us why you thought it was such a great idea to kill the server stone dead.

DeletedUser

the game is full of "external errors" ... everything is going very slow . and sometime its better to log out than to waith untill the sandglass is gone . good job grepolis staf . you destroyed the game . i am glad i didn't re-filled my gold . on this way i won't play longer then 1 month ! grepolis staf i have 1 message : take action immediately !

DeletedUser

Ok....im back from not having posted in a long time....as most were either trolling or arguments that dont concern me....but let me jsut say.

This update is a huge joke.....absolute bs. Grepolis was already taking more time away from my life than it should....inno just multiplied this by 100....I'm sure whoever did this will get a talk from their boss in about 3 months when inno's grepo profits drop.

DeletedUser21480

I also apoligize i thought it would be the best but turns out might have been the worst choice i made. as i like 2.0 worlds but i think i played delta becuase it was a older version and i geuss made it better and easier for me to play =D.

DeletedUser

Guys, something else to add to our complications, all presents are re-located...

DeletedUser

I am sorry if I bother you people of DELTA world,I play ETA and the same thing is happening of course,and many people are now complaining,and many will quit for obvious reasons..

I am personally not blaming those who voted yes for upgrade,but I hope those have learned the lesson to not vote for anything before consulting someone else,you cant just say yes or no and later be sorry,I personally have been talking to lot of people who also done the same mistake..too late to do anything,I just hope all of those people learned a valuable lesson.
Sorry once again for intruding DELTA forum.

DeletedUser

It doesnt matter, we all are going through the same thing. I dislike 2.0, but I didn't vote. I wish I did and could have helped the "no" side but 1 vote won't matter if it was a huge majority. The thing is, if you don't know anything or know only a little, don't vote or speak unless educated on it.

DeletedUser21480

yeah and now the forms of the old versions are also wierd

DeletedUser4013

I am not happy. But I do not think they will retrograde the server guys. Let's be realistic. It was almost a year before the promise of upgrading the servers happened.

During that year long span, when we were not updated at all, 2.0 grew larger and more and more different from 1.26. If we would have been updated when it was said to be done, 1) most people would not have had 50 cities, so the upgrade would have been easy on them, 2) things would have been more similar and therefore easier 3) no one would have been as a bitter because Inno would have kept their word.

Let's remember that 1.5 months ago, Inno was stringent on "it is impossible" to upgrade the servers. Look what happened?

I think, the truth of the matter is - someone, who represents the company, needs to explain the situation, in honesty to the players.

That would keep people playing the game, and make us more understanding of the situation.

If you like, I can speak with Gordopolis when he is back in the office to see if he can address any of these points with a Forum Announcement or some other such means of communicating this information to the player base.

DeletedUser

Let's not BS.

Facts:

this version lags and has more bugs than the previous for almost everyone.

/of story

explain how this is an update and not a garbage alpha version of a new game?

DeletedUser

I have to agree there, I can only use one computer to play this without lag. Yes there are some benefits but there are a lot of problems with this version of the game. I personally liked the old Delta better than this version. Even though I play in a 2.0 world, it's kind of annoying seeing your favorite world being changed. Its just like moving to a completely new place...

DeletedUser

Dont waste your time. The mods are on a power trip. Players are quitting and I heard they are bullying players to either delete there accounts and are not going to allow players to move around. They dont see what is going on and they dont care. they want players to quit and force them to other severs..sadly they are just going to leave Innogames and wont return.

DeletedUser

Dont waste your time. The mods are on a power trip. Players are quitting and I heard they are bullying players to either delete there accounts and are not going to allow players to move around. They dont see what is going on and they dont care. they want players to quit and force them to other severs..sadly they are just going to leave Innogames and wont return.

yeah you make a very clear point there. I read another thread where a mod said "That's 1 out of 3178 (some random number) players that like 2.0." then he said to delete your account if you don't like the update. That's what he said basically. If I'm wrong correct me, but I read it an hour ago after reading like 200 posts lol so I'll forget.

DeletedUser

If you like, I can speak with Gordopolis when he is back in the office to see if he can address any of these points with a Forum Announcement or some other such means of communicating this information to the player base.

I think the truth of the matter Tyrion is that it is required. Without a kind and understanding speech from management things are just going to get worse.

So often, though, I see people on both sides of the issues being mean, cruel, ugly and nasty - and that includes the moderation crew. I addressed these issues with Betsy many times, only be ignored after interest was feigned.

All that does it add fuel to the fire. Hopefully, someone can make people understand that this a change. Change is not always bad. We just need to get used to it.

What I am concerned about is hearing that moderators are wanting people to quit and telling them they should quit.

I am sure, higher ups at Innogames would be furious to learn that. Right now, your job should be to smooth things over, and find ways not to have a loss of subscribers and/or minimize that loss.

I think it is fair to say, you guys are fine. I think it is also fair to say that us, the consumer, have a right to be upset. We have been lied to time, after time. And honestly, that needs to be addressed.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6305

Quite honestly Nick, people are now voting with there feet and will not be playing any Innogames again.

Innogames can say what they like, the fact is they will not go back to the old version.

Delta World will be dead in 1-2 months, as people are going in to Vacation mode all over place and will not be returning. So there will be grey cities every where.

DeletedUser

I have no doubt there will be a significant loss of players. There's are always are with major changes particularly when dumped without warning on the player base. That's life, this is a game and no-one makes us log in. Some of the most vocal complainants have already quit several times in the past so I take their 'emo' outbursts with a large pinch of salt.

I am not saying innogames haven't messed up but clearly they are not going to listen, I doubt it's even possible to roll back but the game was already dying a slow death this merely accelerates it.

Note - Look into the history of erepublic if you want a direct comparison

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser19756

Well i have logged on again and all i can get is the map nothing else, the same happened yesterday when on firefox had to go on windows explorer and it was fine, but no not today all i get is the map on both servers! HELP