• Start date

DeletedUser3393

* World: Rho
* Browser and Version: Chrome
* Overview of the bug: Game freezes while sending PMs
* Screenshots: None
* How often this occurs: Since changelog 2.04
* Urgency: URGENT!!!
* Preventative Actions: No Preventative actions discovered yet.
* I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: Yes

Every now and then while sending a PM I will get a response error and the game will freeze. This is Freaking annoying because I lose all that I typed in the message.

Extremely urgent to fix this!

DeletedUser3393

Update: On second look only the tab open for messaging freezes, everything else works.

This has happened to me 7 times in the last 5hrs.

DeletedUser

I've gotten this once as well. Perhaps a good workaround is to keep the textbox selectable (though not editable) until the message goes through. That way, it's possible to copy a message if something happens. I got mine when my wireless overheated and went out for a moment, but there are many reasons for this to happen. So if the window didn't gray out while a message was sending, but the textbox simply became a static text (such as in an established forum post, or previously sent message), it'd be quite helpful.

DeletedUser3393

The same error is also happening while trading, the window freezes when u press trade.

DeletedUser3393

Come on, fix this already.... it is freaking annoying to lose the long PMs. :(

DeletedUser

It likely won't be fixed until the next changelog, the best we can do is report it to the developers. It's up to them to implement a fix, hopefully ASAP.

DeletedUser3393

And to make matters worse, it is happening once per 10 PMs now.. and happened 3 times in Alliance forum posting.

DeletedUser

For a short-term solution, just copy and back up all of the messages you're sending, since this is obviously happening to you pretty badly... Just open a notepad file and save something there until you confirm that it goes through. A fairly simple fix, a little annoying, but certainly better than re-typing messages.

DeletedUser3393

I am an alliance leader in the war with 2 top 10 alliances on the server, I don't really have time for copy pasting. I send about a 100 PMs per day, besides for 100s of Alliance forum posts.

But this is it.. I just lost a HUGE PM i typed. If devs cant be bothered to fix such blatant bugs I am done with the game as soon as I can pull the alliance to safety.

Seriously f**ing ridiculous disregard here.

DeletedUser

This is not the only blatant bug out there. It's in the queue, and will be repaired once it gets to the head of the line. Remember the same Devs that are working this Server, also work all of the other servers.

DeletedUser3393

This is not the only blatant bug out there. It's in the queue, and will be repaired once it gets to the head of the line. Remember the same Devs that are working this Server, also work all of the other servers.

I am sorry but when an alliance leader is losing hours of work daily because of a bug. It is the biggest bug out there according to me (biased opinion), I don't see any other bug which would cause such dramatic loss of efficiency.

The updates should never be out in the first place when they slow down current things and cause these kind of bugs, and if the updates are out maybe they should be ready to revert if the update turns out to be incomplete and bring it back when it is ready.

I love the game, but hate the fact that ALWAYS something or the other bugged. I am a developer myself, and I know bug testing is a beet. But, my boss tells me the same thing I am saying here. There's a reason you are getting paid to do it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

This "Response Error" is also affecting Sigma. I have to refresh the page after farming one village. I get the same response error just trying to switch from city to city. This is now happening at least 40% of the time. If it continues I will be looking for a new game to play.

DeletedUser

This "Response Error" is also affecting Sigma. I have to refresh the page after farming one village. I get the same response error just trying to switch from city to city. This is now happening at least 40% of the time. If it continues I will be looking for a new game to play.

Which browser and version are you experiencing this on?

DeletedUser3393

When will the next changelog come out? this is the most annoying game I have ever played.. Seriously all the small developer games havent me off this much as this one stupid bug had. Wasted so much time because of this.

Thanks a lot grepolis. And I really wish I could quit, but can't leave my alliance hanging yet. But count me out as soon as the war is done.