2.110 Discussion Thread

DeletedUser21774

It's a little early yet to see how lovely the cute fire and smoke feature will be. Initial response (always a bit negative) are that DUH of COURSE the attacker and their victim's knows about the attack, but would be better for others to see. Otherwise the graphic is a bit lost. The attacker wants people to see his.... ok... do the developers play the game? Really? REALLY?

DeletedUser22517

Amazing, absolutely amazing.This is what i have waited for the past 3 years.
Do you even have idea how annoying is this?Imagine when WW starts and you must farm 5 minutes with 100+ cities and you need to send resources...AMAZING!
And for you mister moderator...Try to test it before justifying this pointless and annoying update.I pay money to play this game and i am costumer who is not happy and the last thing i want to read here is your lies.
You should be on our side and link between us and INNO...I guess you need to call your other friend now with ban hammer and threaten me for this.
Get the feedback from players and report to INNO, that is your job.

DeletedUser37468

I spose a simple solution to this deadlock would be to take away the food.....if everyone who uses gold stopped using it until the basics of the game are fixed before more frilly bits get added, that might force the issue with Inno...more than threads of complaints and piling pressure onto moderators and forum admins who are essentially the organ grinder's monkeys (no offense meant there just making it clear as to who is who)

Stop the gold purchases, frilly bits dry up due to no income, longstanding bugs get fixed properly...once game is working 100%...gold purchases resume

DeletedUser21774

1. The fire/smoke - I got the chance to see this feature this morning. It was cute. This is about on par with the 'battle animations' that are enticing to beginner players or for creating game advertisements. It serves no utility for current players. It CAN be turned off in the options. (Thank GODs and Heros)

2. Activity banner - the green scroll that appears on the screen whenever you ship resources, cancel commands, do virtually anything. This is useful for new players. It sticks to the screen if you are hovering anywhere near it - which of course you are if you are in a complete hurry to do something else quickly. This encourages the player to furiously moving the pointer far away from the banner and move in a frenetic circular motion while cursing to make it fade. Unlike the Smoke/Fire - this cannot be turned off.

3. Highlight Options - when I go into strategic view now, there is now a Highlight Options box. This is to let you change city colors - your own, a players or an Alliances. This cannot be turned off in settings.
bH9n8ya.jpg

Keeping in mind many new features (enhanced images of troops/ships, bigger Zeus with muscle definition) are to enhance the appeal of the game to prospective gamers I don't ask them to turn the features off. What would be of greater value however, is more options to customize or streamline (turn off) these features, as most will want to do so when they are no longer brand spanking new to the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
The highlight options on the strategic map unfortunately cannot be closed but can be minimized. This isn't a bug and is how it was intended to work. As for the banner messages the feedback about them staying too long/covering too much space has already been send on to the devs.

DeletedUser21774

The highlight options on the strategic map unfortunately cannot be closed but can be minimized. This isn't a bug and is how it was intended to work. As for the banner messages the feedback about them staying too long/covering too much space has already been send on to the devs.

Thanks Baudin Toolan. Sometimes it would be nice if developers thought like veteran players. I see players not remaining with the game because the game is using bandwidth that their devices cannot keep up with. New players like the lollipops and cotton candy. Veterans want a lean, mean streets fighter edition. We want to be able to strip out battery draining, memory hogging, millstone around the neck frillies. The mobile app should be interoperable with the browser app (at present it is a trinket).

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
That's why we need player feedback. The more we have the more weight it carries. Telling the devs that 4 people were unhappy with a feature or want a certain option added has less impact than saying 40 were unhappy or want a certain option added. Even if you just share the exact same opinion that another player has already shared you should still post to let us know. Of course please keep the feedback within the forum rules and such.

DeletedUser10962

1. The fire/smoke - I got the chance to see this feature this morning. It was cute. This is about on par with the 'battle animations' that are enticing to beginner players or for creating game advertisements. It serves no utility for current players. It CAN be turned off in the options. (Thank GODs and Heros)

2. Activity banner - the green scroll that appears on the screen whenever you ship resources, cancel commands, do virtually anything. This is useful for new players. It sticks to the screen if you are hovering anywhere near it - which of course you are if you are in a complete hurry to do something else quickly. This encourages the player to furiously moving the pointer far away from the banner and move in a frenetic circular motion while cursing to make it fade. Unlike the Smoke/Fire - this cannot be turned off.

3. Highlight Options - when I go into strategic view now, there is now a Highlight Options box. This is to let you change city colors - your own, a players or an Alliances. This cannot be turned off in settings.
bH9n8ya.jpg

Keeping in mind many new features (enhanced images of troops/ships, bigger Zeus with muscle definition) are to enhance the appeal of the game to prospective gamers I don't ask them to turn the features off. What would be of greater value however, is more options to customize or streamline (turn off) these features, as most will want to do so when they are no longer brand spanking new to the game.

That highlights box doesn't look like it would irritate anyone (sarcasm). It takes up what 10% of the map? It's another classic inno update by the looks of it. I finally packed it in nearly a month back. I couldn't deal with my cave opening every time I got a new report despite reporting the bug numerous times. Why because the devs have never played the game seriously I feel bad for Baudin and Fig trying to help the community stuck between a rock and a hard place. Do these features not get tested on the Beta server any more or is the feedback from there good?

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Everything hits the beta server at least a week before it goes live on the other markets. As for the feedback there I'm not sure on the quantity of it or the content of it in terms of people liking or disliking the updates.

DeletedUser52927

But the highlight options box does not stay minimized. As soon as i go back to the strategic map it opens again.

DeletedUser21774

We need smarter wiki's and smarter feedback tools. The wiki is a maze. Not even customer support tells us the right place to put stuff. I spent 30 futile minutes trying to find the 'do not suggest' list. I decided paying my mortgage was more important.

Got a bug? Have a click in the game. Have the response go to right place at the right time as feed back. That would be much more honest and statistically relevant. 3000 dis-satisfaction posts from the point-of-problem would save 30 semi-trained volunteers worth of time. Statistical click feedback would go into the Wiki, where the windbaggy players can comment as usual.

DeletedUser43952

regarding the last updates...pointless and some of them annoying when you are playing on 14" wide screen laptop.
I agree with the idea that some players will like those effects but other don't, so would be nice to have the possibility to remove them from setting...I am referring mostly at that green/red banner which have an improper position on the screen (plus too long time till disappear ) and at that highlight options window which cannot be close for good.

what can be done in my opinion is to give us the possibility to pick another color for ghosts cities...

DeletedUser37468

Can we just go back to how it was in 2012......basic, very few frilly bits and everything worked as it should

There is a limit to what you can do to a format like this game before it puts more people off than it encourages...that line has pretty much been reached

Time to backstep, get all the annoyances sorted, get rid of unneccessary frilly bits or at the very least allow players to make up their own minds as to whether to use them or not

Game players who are experienced should have the option to turn off the frilly bits if they want to....small screen users and experienced players really do not want the frilly bits....they just want the game to work properly

Having so many faults that are being ignored is killing the enjoyment......if it carries on, there will not be any experienced players left, no gold will be spent cos there is no return for that expenditure (as in...there are faults being reported time after time but no-one is listening)....

Inno want and need to earn money from the game......well maybe it is time to LISTEN to those gamers, FIX the faults and bring back the enjoyment of playing again...most people use this game to relieve the day to day stress of life, at the moment it is adding to the stress

So please Inno...LISTEN to your players, get the game fixed BEFORE tittivating it and adding yet more frilly bits...get the basics working again, get the enjoyment back....and you might just get the earnings that you so desire

DeletedUser48693

We changed the way system messages are displayed. These are green and red confirmation messages in the MIDDLE of the screen that appear for AGES :Angry: and are already healing many peeps from their grepo addiction

DeletedUser21774

Fire/Smolder feedback - how long does an attack make a city smoke for? I hit a guy 8 hours ago with a minimal attack. Still smoking. Another guy hit someone a few hours ago and its stopped already. And the timer is terrible. The anti-timer is like double. (30 seconds does not meet requirements)

Banner game - I try and perform as many actions as possible while the first big green banner is still there. Three so far.

DeletedUser

Really hope you will be like this on the easter feedback thread and actually send back the feedback or something would be nice

DeletedUser21774

Anyone else having new bugs? Like 30+ second anti-timer? Or attacks vanishing?

DeletedUser30562

Just to reiterate everyone elses comments.

New banners are on FAR to long, 1 second is enough, personally, off altogether would be my choice. or at least switchable in options.

As for the new strategic map pop up? useful as it may be, does it really need to be that big? can it not be a default setting to disappear until required.

Everything inno seem to do at the moment is of "oversize!" the last event, the buy gold option near the end was huge, the 30 hour or so countdown for the end of event was, so big it was bordering on the ridiculous.

DeletedUser21774

Just to reiterate everyone elses comments.

Everything inno seem to do at the moment is of "oversize!" the last event, the buy gold option near the end was huge, the 30 hour or so countdown for the end of event was, so big it was bordering on the ridiculous.

It was "HERE IS YOUR GIFT WRAPPING FOR CHRISTMAS" huge. hahahaha. I think I'm slowly learning how to wade through the molasses.

Some of the guys I play with are from far flung countries with slow internet and slow hardware. Developers should be playing the game on the slowest platforms to see how a fellow in Bangkok with an 8 yr old laptop on with non-state-of-the-art systems is going to see this. We lost some of our best team players in the last couple years due to poor CRM and design issues.