2.16, Upgrade or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

So, as you can see 1.26 has now been changed to 2.16 and what do you think about it? Are you surprised and what are your opinions on it. I'd like to keep all of the 2.16 related talk in here so if you create another thread to do with 2.6 it will be merged into here or deleted.

One more thing, if you are experiencing lag there are a few thing you can do to try and help.

• If you're not doing so already download Chrome,
  • Follow the steps here,
  • Try to keep as little other programs open as possible (Skype does slow down load times)

If there are any bugs you find then report them here.

Happy Gaming !

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Garbage. Rubbish. Horse Manure. Ruined my fun. Surely you have enough so called "upgraded" worlds you could have left Nu alone....

DeletedUser22431

A few things are a little annoying just because they're different and some things are a big improvement; in particular BP for supporting allies.
The farming system is truly awful though. Not only does anyone with a lot of cities have a hell of a lot of work on their hands to conquer all the villages but they then need to spend 10's of 1000's of resources by expanding all of them. Even if you had all farms on an island, fully expanded and you pay for captain I don't see how you can earn as much as with the old system. With enough fast troops I could easily farm 16,000 of each resource within an hour or so on 1.26 making it very easy to build up my cities or run festivals.
Another small thing I don't like is that when you scroll through your cities the map doesn't change to show the current city.
Over all I prefer 1.26

DeletedUser

I assume that most of us know differences between old and updated grepolis. Some worse some better etc etc. As for me this world was optimal as v1.26, cause of general settings.
Good world to play as it was, not big fan of what has happend. I'll give it a shot but...who knows

DeletedUser

dont know how to put it any other way than COMPLETE TRASH
farming is horrible, navigating between cities is horrible, this is just for starters
whats good about this new upgrade...absolutely nothing
i hope the grepolis team knows theyve just screwed themselves over and change the server back to 1.26...or else this game is going to shut down quickly with the lack of people playing

DeletedUser

I am very dissatisfied with the upgrade. In order to get a feel for the new version I've been playing a bit in Corinth so I wouldn't be surprised by the interface so my complaints are not related to difficulty in negotiating a different system.

I just don't like it, it makes me unhappy and it doesn't feel right for this world. At this point in time players have developed routines and none of those routines work. I have to conquer towns for intra-island trading. I had a great routine for high yield farming when I needed to farm that doesn't work. I can't farm every five minutes -- I have a real life and a real job. Unfortunately with the new version that's the only kind of farming that lets you gain enough resources.

Finally in a game, you don't switch goals in midstream. We didn't have wonders in December 2010 when the world was launched. Why introduce wonders now? there are other ways to develop an endgame, if that's what the company wanted. If players wanted wonders they could have moved on to a different world.

It's like for years you have a food delivery service and they deliver dairy products like milk and cottage cheese and orange juice. One day they tell you they are changing their system and you find that they are now going to deliver McDonald's.

No only that, they wonder why the french fries and big Macs aren't making you happy.

It's like the old joke:

Comrade One: I believe in the revolution. After the revolution we'll all have Big Mac's and fries and a supersize cola.

Comrade Two: Comrade, I too believe in the revolution but I don't like Bic Mac's and fries and supersize cola. In fact they give me diarrhea.

Comrade One: After the revolution you WILL them all. Not only that you'll enjoy any diarrhea that you experience.

Or maybe not.

DeletedUser

This down grade has turned a interesting game into a total mind numbing bore,Nothing is clear or easy to see just tring to read what city it is on is hard work for 55 year old eyes Is this the game i payed a fair amount on playing NO All you need to do is look at every 1.26 world forum to see most ppl hate it.Do the right thing by the player and revert it back

DeletedUser

Well, they want you to give it a try. Seems they think we are all dumb as a box of rocks and didn't realize that if we wanted to we could have joined a world already running the "better" version....

Good to know they are looking out for us, huh?

DeletedUser

hate it, its awefull, bad, not user friendely,... i can go on for some time...

CHANGE IT BACK! serious, we spend so much money in the past months... hear the people from which you get paid! and change it back!

Status
Not open for further replies.